Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

Multani
Hey Xanilus, just wondering where did you get this?
User Image

The figurine? I got it for donating to Kichi's Quest Challenge. *nods*

And hai, I went with Pan Ku... <_< Seemed like the best in my opinion based on what I was looking for... ^^;;

Mrrr... I agree that this place has degraded severely. I won't name names, but the RP was alot better off without certain individuals coming in here. ninja Anyway, for those that will see this in the backlog, as I know you read it... Let people know that this is NOT a place for chat. Content bumping is one thing, but this is beyond ridiculous!
Vaelen
I am fine, Brother. Meet some capitalist pigs who enjoy the pleasure of greed. I been also called Commie Tart, sort for communist b*****d.

"b*****d" to "Bastart" (wrong spelling) to just "Tart".

xd And someone PM'd me telling me "Hey Stalin, I like the look".
Commie Tart just dosen't have the same feeling as communist b*****d, they should really take the time to say it right. 3nodding

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Rayinte
Xanilus

Hmmm... can't say that I recall... wink

User Image

@ PG: Best be careful 'round here, yo... stare

Thanks. I still can't recall his face though. xd

That would be my second in command at the Transfomers Guild, Raevir.

He now looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilium, Dri and myself have tried to fix it but no one including PC really cares unfortunately.
Xanilus
Let people know that this is NOT a place for chat. Content bumping is one thing, but this is beyond ridiculous!
Vary well, I will take my leave of this place as the reason I am here is to talk(chat) with Q&F people.

Dapper Member

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Xanilus
Mrrr... I agree that this place has degraded severely. I won't name names, but the RP was alot better off without certain individuals coming in here. ninja Anyway, for those that will see this in the backlog, as I know you read it... Let people know that this is NOT a place for chat. Content bumping is one thing, but this is beyond ridiculous!

gonk Aye, I now do feel bad for the few times I have posted in here. I didn't know, honestly. I'm gone.

Perhaps a new RP thread should be set up by place card and this one locked off. If this place isn't for conversations, it's time to retire the thread and clean it up. Maybe even dump it in the Memorables (by some people's opinions). This seemed like the only place where the regulars hung out in and talked to each other in the forum, other than the thousand of threads that go through here. I dunno, I don't post in this thread alot so my advice isn't sound.
Xanilus
Mrrr... I agree that this place has degraded severely. I won't name names, but the RP was alot better off without certain individuals coming in here.

If you don't like me here you should say something crying

It's hard to define the difference between content bumping and chat. I mean, it is basically chat but with a purpose. Sounds ot me like there were thinking of bumps where people say more then bump, but have something more too them. Which is just as pointless in my mind.

On another note, content bumping isn't the only reason for people to chat here. Chatting keeps the place active as well, and sometimes people ask questions here instead of making a new thread. I myself prefer that. Not as wasteful. It also give people something to do when the Q&F is slow with out them wandering off and getting distracted by something else. There are plenty of other reasons for chatter to be allowed in the RP, but I doubt we really wanted to talk about this now.

There's a difference between talking in the RP [Or other helpful threads that aren't stickied] and talking in question threads.

Elder

I don't mean to make people feel unwelcome, especially since the RP has only been a haunt of mine for little over two months... sweatdrop Let alone I am not in charge of it in any way whatsoever. *nods* :T

I just do not want to see the RP locked and discarded, or tossed into Guilds of Chatterbox. This is a place of information and rumors, and letting people know what is true and what is false.

If need be, and I only say this based on having seen it happen before to other long running successful threads, I propose a new Rumor Patrol be formed. Preferably with PC still at the helm, as I doubt he would ever really retire from the position he holds, but if it has to, then a changing of hands might be necessary...

Though this is all PC's decision as he founded it and therefore he has final say on what is done... even though being locked or moved would not be within his choice or powers to prevent.

I hope I actually made sense and didn't come off condescending and arrogant... sweatdrop I just don't want to see anything bad happen to the Rumor Patrol. *nods*
Don't feel bad, all the things you said are true.
-nods- Totally understandable.

[Sorry this took so long and is so long >_<]

But if the RP is to be moved else where for chatter, then no chatter should be allowed in the Q&F at all. Which would be retarded. Yeah, as most of you know I'm rather anti-chat here.

One, normally because threads where conversations are continued on, the topic of conversation has nothing to do with the question or thread title. That's just useless confusion.

Then of course it leaves the door open for lazy people who never read first to continue to answer the question over and over again. Not only is that pointless, but it's annoying to me lol.

Some people give the excuse that it's like with the RP, and it's keeping the question up there to help out other people. Well, we all know how rare people look at already made posts. The information is usually already avalible in a stickie and if not, is added once asked about enough. Another thread explaining it is useless.

I'm not going to go into the sides of feedback here. But yes, 'feeback' and discussion to cross lines and that can make some things hard to tell.

In my mind it makes perfect sense that chatter would be kept out of the Q&F just from reading the description. Threads made here are only to be made to ask a gaia/tech/problem related question, bug report, or sugguestion. The only response necessary then is an answer. I can understand a little conversing afterwards. The thank you, pointing out soemthing else, commenting on a signature, etc, but it should never continue on. Once the question is answered it's done and over with.

The RP differs in that it's constantly suppling new information that isn't avalible in a stickie [and hopefully would never be stickied considering the ratio of people who even read them]. All the information is in the first post and it serves as something to direct people to. Considering the content of the rumors, the Q&F is the appropriate place.

Yes, chattering here is usually off topic, but the topic and information on the first post aren't left open unless people have something they want to add. Then you have people here to either explain why it isn't there/shouldn't be/isn't a rumor, or to pass the information on to PC so it's handled quicker [sure, if there was no chatter he could check the post and just update that way. This would make sense if the purpose of chatter here was only for this reason].

The RP stands as another place for people to ask questions.

We mostly do just gossip and chat here, but when soemthing new comes up that pertains to either rumors, bug, or other Q&F related topic, people here dicuss it through, sometimes do research into it if necessary, and instead of having people out there jsut saying 'I don't know' or 'Maybe', you have a group of active Q&Fers with an idea of what's really going on.

Are chattering here also helps to create and maintain bonds among regular Q&Fers. This being rather important since gaia is a community, we should function as one. I guess we could always track each other down outside of the Q&F and get to know one another, but the environment would still be different then that of the one here. There's also the option of PMs, but PMs are only between two people. Some, like myself, enjoy seeing how others interact with on another and not just with them. You can get a better idea about people that way. That, and then they dont' have to repeat things over and over to everyone.

Yes, chatting here works as content bumping. In order for something to be content bumping is needs to actually have a purpose. Someone coming in a say some random thing, or waiting till the thread is almost of the page to respond to someone, is plain retarded. So we talk more then necessary to keep the RP on the first page. We're also keeping it active.

The RP also serves as something to do. You can always just have another window open and be active in threads outside of the Q&F while watching it in the first window. But it's a lot easier to have them in the same place. threads of interest outside of the Q&F can also be distracting, and it might be awhile before someone checks back here, when and if they remember. While on the otherhand, you can keep a decent conversation going here, take 30 seconds to a minute to respond and then click back to the main Q&F page and be able to see when there's either something to answer or when someone responds to you.

I guess all that was really to explain that the RP chatter is different and serves a purpose. Before they lock and move it other things would have to be changed/strictly enforced around the Q&F. Unless we start having emoticon wars or competitions to see who the stretch the page the farthest, there's really nothing to worry about. The RP is here, it has it's purpose, with are chatter it stays active and is able to reach people better. The only time I could see this coming to an end is if Lanzer does add a bump button you can press to bump a thread that doesn't require posting. Then there'd be no pointless bumps, and the chatter would no longer be needed. But until then it's fine.
Xanilus
I don't mean to make people feel unwelcome, especially since the RP has only been a haunt of mine for little over two months... sweatdrop Let alone I am not in charge of it in any way whatsoever. *nods* :T

I just do not want to see the RP locked and discarded, or tossed into Guilds of Chatterbox. This is a place of information and rumors, and letting people know what is true and what is false.

If need be, and I only say this based on having seen it happen before to other long running successful threads, I propose a new Rumor Patrol be formed. Preferably with PC still at the helm, as I doubt he would ever really retire from the position he holds, but if it has to, then a changing of hands might be necessary...

Though this is all PC's decision as he founded it and therefore he has final say on what is done... even though being locked or moved would not be within his choice or powers to prevent.

I hope I actually made sense and didn't come off condescending and arrogant... sweatdrop I just don't want to see anything bad happen to the Rumor Patrol. *nods*

Again this becomes an issue. And I hope some of you will start listening to this.

Guys, I mean this now, KEEP THE SPAM DOWN. If I see any more molestation wars or anything close to an icon war, I will have a word with you in private myself and bring the matter to Placecard yet again.

heart Lilium heart
Note for future reference: If you find anything here that either offends you/is inappropriate, etc.. don't just sit back and keep it to yourself and hope the the RP in total sufffers. Just like the rest of gaia, when you see things, depending on the situation, ask for those doing it to stop, if your plea is ignored and it's continued, PM a mod. PMing the thread owner helps too so if it becomes a continuing problem, they can make note that such things aren't allowed/welcomed here. Then if it's continued it can be dealt with those doing it.

A complete thread or group should never be punished over something caused by a few there or over things that have no clear stand point.

Summary
See something you don't like/offends you/you don't think it belongs here.
Step One
-Tell thoughs involved. If current issues still active, tell them directly or PM them personally
-this is also a good time to PM the thread owner to let them have an idea of the situation.

Step Two: If continued
-PM a mod with a link. This should be an obvious thing to do for any Q&fer
-IF the mod or mods deem the current activity inappropriate or out of place, they can deal with the people and this would be a good time to PM the author again [if you haven't already] to let them know such activity has been addressed by the mods as out of place and to make note of it in the beginning of the thread so it's stated that it's not welcomed/allowed in their thread

At this point in time it should not be continued. There might be times where newer people need to be directed to the first post where it states not to do that, but otherwise if continued, mods should be contacted again and they will take care of it.

As for the RP, Placecard does read his PMs regularly. You want to contact him, there you go.

You have a problem with something here and either keep it to yourself, voice it only to a few, or converse about it elsewhere, don't expect it to stop. And don't expect people to care when you b***h about it either.

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ladies and Gentmen,

I hear we have some torublemakers in our midsts.

Please remember that the rules within this thread are the same as those outside this thread. Anyone caught violating those rules will be reported to a mod and their posts will be edited.

Unfortunately due to the length of this particular thread post deletion is not possible. So anyone found violating any TOS or common curtousy rules will be severely beaten about the head and neck with blunt instruments.

I realize that I've not been about lately, but my real life has been overlapping my Gaia life and if that's a problem for anyone please take it up with the Wah patrol. In any case I do check into this thread at least once a day as time permits and I do enjoy having it and keeping it running and I'd rather not have to:
A) Restart it
B) Lose it entirely.

So once again, if you're going to be a d**k take it to the correct forum and the correct thread. Or just make your own, but don't ******** with mine.

Thank you.
Go away.

P.S. A copy of this post will preceed all rumors in the first post.
Also, please consider that PC can't be here all the time stopping the RPers from doing things that could get the Rumor Patrol in trouble. As such, a lot of stuff happens under his nose, so please don't consider PlaceCard to be at fault. If something botehrs you, make sure it';s the users involved who get the blame and not PlaceCard.

If something happens to the RP, it's on the heads of everyone who participated in the offending situation that lead to the "something".

heart Lilium heart
PlaceCard
Ladies and Gentmen,

I hear we have some torublemakers in our midsts.

Please remember that the rules within this thread are the same as those outside this thread. Anyone caught violating those rules will be reported to a mod and their posts will be edited.

Unfortunately due to the length of this particular thread post deletion is not possible. So anyone found violating any TOS or common curtousy rules will be severely beaten about the head and neck with blunt instruments.

I realize that I've not been about lately, but my real life has been overlapping my Gaia life and if that's a problem for anyone please take it up with the Wah patrol. In any case I do check into this thread at least once a day as time permits and I do enjoy having it and keeping it running and I'd rather not have to:
A) Restart it
B) Lose it entirely.

So once again, if you're going to be a d**k take it to the correct forum and the correct thread. Or just make your own, but don't ******** with mine.

Thank you.
Go away.

P.S. A copy of this post will preceed all rumors in the first post.

Notice: This post will be quoted and repeated every few pages to ensure it is read by regulars and newbies alike. If there is a problem with this PM Lilium as I will be doing it.

heart Lilium heart
I am terribly sorry that you two would have to deal with this sort of issue. If I contribued to it at all, I deeply apologize. crying

I really was unsure of what to do. I did feel it was getting a bit out of line, but I figured the people here would know the rules and know what to do and what not to do.. I didn't think they would do anything objectionable, so I guess that's why I didn't try to do anything about it. (Not only that, but since quite a few moderators and friends-of-moderators frequent here I figured the issue(s) would be snatched without much effort..)

I am sorry I didn't do anything more to stop it and I hope it comes to a grinding hault now..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff