Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lunatic

PlaceCard
I keep thinking of this place as kind of the Rumor Patrol HQ.

We do rumors on the first post, make sure everyone is well informed, then we sit in the back and make stupid jokes. lol

I like it it feels very chummy!

I'm also hoping for some people to apply for a "job". Maybe they can do the Chatterbox... I hate going in there. *Shivers* I like it in the Q&A forum mostest!

Well BUMP! And night night for now. With my new store open I have to do real work. (Sort of... I don't know what to do, but I have to try something.)

Night night.
I agree completely!
*sits down and makes some coffee*

Um, actual rumour question that needs confirming.

People are saying that if you have one of the mail or trade bubbles showing that you can't get the eek ! bubbles and therefore can't get events.

I do believe that this is incorrect. You can still get events, you just have to actually look for the box bouncing all over the place because you can't see the alert.

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Updated.

Added the bit about the bubbles and such.

Added thanks to Neo Gabi for her contribution.

Thanky thanky.

Kamiki's Partner

Winter Trash

Thanks for starting the thread!

If you want to add it - I did some research with a post as to the randomness of the trunks/boxes:

It's random upon opening of them, not upon their receipt.

But - I do have a quesiton: Is it more common to get specific items from the trunks? Ie: are some rares more rare than others, or are they just more valuable because people think they're "cooler"? (ie, the price of the headbands as compared to, say, emperor's beard.)
Neo Gabi

Um, actual rumour question that needs confirming.

People are saying that if you have one of the mail or trade bubbles showing that you can't get the eek ! bubbles and therefore can't get events.

I do believe that this is incorrect. You can still get events, you just have to actually look for the box bouncing all over the place because you can't see the alert.

Actually, I believe this has happened to me before -- I recall having a trade bubble, or a mail bubble, when I got an event. I'm pretty sure that there is a.. priority, to those bubbles -- PMs, trades, events. I think I recall the bubble being replaced with the eek ! bubble. Which would make sense.. I'll investigate further.
I created a thread, which I used to investigate this eek bubble issue. The results, coupled with my own personal experiences, have led me to conclude with the following:

If your avatar has a PM/Trade bubble, you CAN still get an event. In fact, the eek bubble takes priority OVER the PM/Trade bubble. Thus, upon finding an event, the eek bubble WILL appear. (As will the event.)

In other words, no need to worry. No one is missing out on events, as a result of having PM/Trade bubbles. That is all, for now!

Romantic Lunatic

Inokku
I created a thread, which I used to investigate this eek bubble issue. The results, coupled with my own personal experiences, have led me to conclude with the following:

If your avatar has a PM/Trade bubble, you CAN still get an event. In fact, the eek bubble takes priority OVER the PM/Trade bubble. Thus, upon finding an event, the eek bubble WILL appear. (As will the event.)

In other words, no need to worry. No one is missing out on events, as a result of having PM/Trade bubbles. That is all, for now!
Thanks for confirming that for me Ino! I mentioned it because people were complaining that they had a trade bubble that was stuck (from the friend list testing) and they were afraid of missing out. ^_^

*dives into her foxhole for cover*

((Off to work, take care everyone!))
A quote for an oath, well this is going to be interesting. Hmm

Well, if at all possible, I'd love to use to end of Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

"He went like one that hath been stunned,
And is of sense forlorn:
A sadder and a wiser man,
He rose the morrow morn. "

If that doesn't work.. then my oath will be this:

"I throw my life away... FOR COSMIC JUSTICE!"

Because, there's nothing better than justice, unless it's COSMIC justice.
Okay, so after some intial testing I have found this.

1037 characters per post = 5gp
3190 characters per post = 5gp
4931 characters per post = 10gp
13218 characters per post = 10gp

Oddly enough, though, and this IS important. It seems to give you 2 gold when you hit the "Your message has been posted" and then when it takes you to your post, you then receive the 8 (or 3).

So, maybe it actually overflows to your viewing/lurking for a temporary amount of time.

I'll continue my testing, but it appears that 10gp is the cap to receive for characters per post.

And, oh, I didn't just go "SPAMSPAMSPAM"

I did something constructive and used Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner for my testing purposes.

I do believe though that the shorter you are on, and the longer the posts, the more you get for just LURKING, as I am receiving roughly 2gp per post/forum viewed since I did my testing.

Oh and if you wish to view my thread, it can be found here:

http://www.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5846114#5846114

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hello!

I jusy got up and on the machine and WOW! You guys are really doing a great job! Yah!

I updated the front page! Woohoo! I kinda had to shorten your information Jester. But not that I think about it I'll tell the wonderful people that your information is on Page 15 if they want to read it.

I'd also like to announce that Inokku has been promoted! Yah!

She is now Rumor Crusher Third Class with 6 rumors submitted or altered! Woohoo!

So Inokku's gonna have to change around some of her banners (if not then that's fine it'll be on the front page anyway)

Anywho! Enjoy the new update!
Jester Motley
A quote for an oath, well this is going to be interesting. Hmm

Well, if at all possible, I'd love to use to end of Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

"He went like one that hath been stunned,
And is of sense forlorn:
A sadder and a wiser man,
He rose the morrow morn. "

If that doesn't work.. then my oath will be this:

"I throw my life away... FOR COSMIC JUSTICE!"

Because, there's nothing better than justice, unless it's COSMIC justice.

Set of every Zig! For Great Justice!! >.> <.<

o.o

*sheepish grin @ Pla-koi* I'll stop spamming your thing now hon!

*runs away*

sweatdrop Lilium sweatdrop

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
No problems Lil. This place is supposed to be fun! Yah!

Besides you're an employee. If you can't spam then who can?

*bump!*
I have a sexy lil dog boy collar now!

Cept I'm selling it so I can buy my much needed glasses.

Also, I may need to do more testing, however.

You seem to only get the 20 gold per banner clicked for the first few within a time period.

For example, I visited that clothing shop, then went to the home, visited audicube, animenation, and tate. Yet I didn't receive any gold for tate.

I do not know if this is an error, or if the limit is set at two 25 gold banner hits per 12 hours. I'll keep some notes.

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yeah I think the front page banners only give a total of 50G every 12 hours. So as they add more the ammount of gold for each one will drop down to keep at 50g. There were initial errors (one guy mentioned that he got 4000 gold from an error that allowed him to click continuously, but I'm unable to confirm this)

So yeah it's only up to 50G. Maybe less.

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Update:

Added a misconception about certain items not being in the store and added a link to a very GOOD list of items/images/values/and where they come from.

Note: This came from my trying to create such a list and thus finding out from Chibigreen about the older list.

Thank you again Chibigreen. heart

Now I'm only upset that I'm going to waste Lanzer's time asking him for a list when he gets online. sweatdrop

I'm sure he'll understand.... I hope. eek

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Just a slight bump since it's getting low on the page.

*waves to people reading this*

Thank you for being considerate to the other users and not posting questions to answers located here!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff