Welcome to Gaia! ::

Update by Noraboo, July 20th

I would ask that those who have already posted their condolances refrain from additional postings in the thread, and those who have nothing positive to say to do the same. I will be closing the thread shortly and moving it to memorable threads.

Thank you,
Noraboo

Update by Shiraishi, July 17th

Today is her Celebration. The Memorial Service was the final goodbye; it was a sense of closure. I'm getting better, I think - my life right now is more or less fumbling around on how to go on living it. No, I'm not going to do something exceedingly stupid like off myself - I'm mourning, not retarded. I'm just.. I need some sort of big change, and I don't know what that's going to be. Something drastic, something life-changing. Because frankly, Amanda was my life. I can't go on with life as usual, even if I wanted to.

I don't have any more information on the crime other than it looks like it might not be the only one. There has been another similar case of what looks like a carjacking gone wrong in the same area, and the guy there is in critical condition but expected to survive. So hopefully they'll be connected and we'll have another witness to the crime.

Update by Noraboo, July 16th

Lady Pyre was wonderful enough to collect all of the art, posts, and links Gaia users have made in Chi's memory and format them for me to link here. I will be using the posts that were first made in the thread to post them, I hope that no one objects.

Thank you very much.
Nora

Update by Noraboo, July 14th:

Regarding the events of the incident.

Jonnie was able to write down answers for the cops today.

It seems so far that they were going to a smoke shop to get cigarettes. One of the customers in that shop asked for a ride. They took him to an apt complex and when they pulled up to the entrance gate, he shot them before he took off. Jonnie remembers what he looks like, and where the apt complex is. Jonnie was able to drive down the beltway service road until he found police that were directing traffic where some work was being done on the street lights.

There will be a memorial service for Amanda this week and a celebration of her life this weekend. Her funeral date is uncertain as her organs will be donated and so she is still on life support. Shira has asked that anyone who wishes to donate in memorial do so to help Amanda's parents pay for the medical costs, funeral expenses, and for student loan debt of Amanda's that her parents will inherit.

If you would like an address to send donations, condolances, cards, or anything else, please PM me.

Thanks,
Noraboo

Reminder by Noraboo:

While it is very sweet that many people want a sticky or avatar spotlight regarding this matter, it is not appropriate. This matter is known enough throughout Gaia now, and it is best to keep things tasteful and respectful. The matter is serious enough to have merit on its own, and additional displays are unnecessary. Please pay your respects and move on. Please do not PM me regarding such matters unless we already have a dialogue.

Thanks.

Update by Noraboo, July 13th:

Shiraishi Mayumi
Tonight, July 13th, 2004 at 12:10am Amanda Myrlene Fleetwood (Chiharu) was pronounced dead. Her brain stopped functioning. All of her organs were donated, including her heart.

I just.. don't know what else to say right now. I'm out, guys.

Sajhiri, who lives in Houston, has very kindly offered to send flowers to the wake. If you would like your name included on the sympathy card, please PM her.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the support you're showing shira at this difficult time.

Original post by Shirashi Mayumi

I know this probably isn't the forum for a topic like this, but this is where most of the people who know us are so I felt like I should post this here. Please, feel more than free to move it if you like.

Chiharu is in the hospital. She was admitted at 7am yesterday (Saturday, June 10th, 2004). On the phonecall, the only information they gave her parents, her roommate and I was that she'd been in a car "incident." We didn't find out until about 10am what her actual condition was.

She was shot in the back of the head. At near point blank range.

The bullet went up through her lower brain and is lodged in her upper brain. The swelling's so great that they can't do any surgeries to remove it.. she was showing minimal brain activity when she came in. The doctors say that her chance of survival is minimal, and that even if she does she'll be nothing but a vegetable in all likelihood.

That doesn't stop us all from hoping and praying otherwise. We're more or less hoping for a miracle at this point. She's maintianing her own blood pressure, and I've just gotten news that her oxygen levels are going up.. meaning soon she'll be able to breathe on her own.

We don't know much about what actually happened, but here's what we do know:

She was carjacked. She and a friend named Jonnie went to the grocery store for munchies at about 5:30am.. no one heard from them for about an hour, so they got worried and started driving around. We don't know what happened inbetween, but we know they were shot inside the car. Amanda got one shot in the back of the head and Jonnie got three - one that bounced off his forehead, one that went through his face and took out his left eye, another that lodged in the base of his spine. The car rolled up to a construction zone where police were directing traffic on a freeway in our city, and that's how they were found. Three tires were popped and the front fender was gone. We don't know who did it, where he went, or really any details on what happened.

Jonnie's in critical condition too, but he's responsive and going to pull through. His left eye is more than likely going to have to go, and that bullet lodged in his spine is going to be a problem.. but we know he can move his fingers and toes, so that's good. He's been unconcious almost the entire time so he hasn't been able to say much.

I've been at the hospital a lot. Trying to sleep, trying to eat, trying to keep my hopes up. There have been droves of people coming in and out, giving their love and support, calling, sending me emails.. it's so insanely touching.

She really liked Gaia, despite the constant stupidity. I thought I ought to post to this community and let you all know what's going on. Needless to say, the both of us will be scarce for awhile. I'll try to keep you guys updated with news.
Edit one:

<center>Signature Banners</center>
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Zazi
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Lilium
User Image - Agent Noizee Byrd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - xbillxdt
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - BrokenWings13
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - BrokenWings13
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Saelaen_Shrike
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Sakurako-Sama
User Image - Pikazoom
User Image - Bishounen Generator
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Eketil Tsukiyono
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Moonblossom
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Kaiki
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - inuyashagrl12
User Image - Mewboom
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Mid.Night
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Angel of Abyss
User Image – lazak041
User Image – Wilhemina
User Image – Wilhemina
User Image - NoodleRama
User Image – Little Mongoose
User Image – Lady Pyre
User Image – landry38
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. –Sajhiri
User Image – Yodilit
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – oneron04
User Image – Little Mongoose
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Ginyoko
User Image – Baronette
User Image – Eketil Tsukiyono
User Image – Eketil Tsukiyono
User Image – WynterTwylight
User Image – Cherbear
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Yuri Otani
User Image – Lesell
User Image – aoyume
User Image - Ryami
-User Image
edit 2:

<center>Other Images</center>
User Image - Alexandrea Zenne
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Lilium
User Image - AnimeArtest
http://www.wallpaperdave.com/cwall08v.jpg (800 x 600)- Panda~n -Sama
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/ChaoticDemon/RIP.jpg (800 x 600) - Ridorii Marusu
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Posted by lum chi chan
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Posted by taseiyu
User Image – Sexy_Angel99
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Libby_lover33/Chiharu/EclipseT_copy.jpg (734 x 49 cool – Sexy_Angel99
User Image – Neo_falco_omega
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Sajhiri
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Kai Baris
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. – Xx light of fire xX
User Image – Posted by Lady Miyoko162
http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v21/kurisutaru/Tribute.jpg (866 x 1055) - Mivaelianyn
User Image – WynterTwylight
User Image – ArenoKaze
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - KwazZyKitTy

Ditto.
They will both be in my thoughts. I am very sad to hear this.

-Angel
I so sorry to hear this and I pray for her to pull through and for a miracle. For both of them, all I can say is that neither deserved that.
No comment. I mean..wow that's horrible. If I knew the people I would feel worse.
I dont really know what to say, its so horrible to have happened. Ill be thinking of them.

Dangerous Lunatic

1,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
This is one of those things that people think will always happen to someone else. Chiharu and Jonnie have my prayers.
My god. I'm thinking of you. And I'm very hard-pressed to think of anything else to say, this is just so damn shocking, and I only know Chi from Gaia so I can't imagine what it must be like for you. Best wishes, for both of you, and for Jonnie, and everyone's families and all. If anyone deserves a miracle it's you guys. Susejo's right... you can never imagine this happening to anyone you know, it's just too bloody much. Take care.

Dangerous Lunatic

1,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Do the police have any clues at all?
How sickeningly disgusting of the carjackers... I hope they are eventually able to find out who did this and bring them to justice.

I hope somehow that Chiharu and her friend are able to beat the odds and pull through... I wish them luck.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Damn that's horrible. I'll pray for them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff