Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ieyasu drifted back into consciousness again. With the pleasant warmth of the sun, and the peace that he had up here, he had fallen asleep. The white fox blinked a couple of times before lifting his head lazily, giving a wide yawn.

After unwinding himself and rising to his feet, the thunder kitsune arched his back, stretching in a decidedly catlike manner. With a flick of his blue-tipped tail, Ieyasu turned, trotting along the edge of the roof to where the tall tree was.

A few nimble leaps later and he was back on the ground again, shaking a couple of sakura blossoms from his coat. His stomach gave a squirm. He was hungry.

Before loping up the stone steps of the main entrance, he took a moment to shift into his youko form. Now walking on two legs rather than four, he made his way towards the kitchens.

As the thunder fox approached the room, he heard voices from within. Great.. somebody already in there... With a sigh, he pushed open the door and headed straight for one of the food cupboards.
Isa shook her head when Akina asked. "I dunno what that prescence was... I wasn't here at the time to recieve it, as I was in the underbrush contacting Kitsune-sama to offer my help... She took it. Dunno if you had noticed, but Taniruya isn't in the shrine any longer, nor will she ever." She sighed, the feeling of guilt and sadness apparent in her heavy voice, her smile gone. "I was just trying to contact Kitsune-sama again, to offer more healing energy but it bounced off her and back at me, like she couldn't accept it where she was etc. I know she was alive... But she felt different... sort of colder and more menacing... I'm just worried a bit is all... " She took the one fish fillet out of the pan and onto a plate for Shifter setting it aside with some of the rice that wsa now done cooking, and put on a few more fillets to have something to do, before noticing Ieyasu entering and heading for the food cupboard. This time she did not try to hide her feelings under a fake smile. "There's Rice if you're hungry Ieyasu... And Tuna fillets if you wait a bit longer... Plenty if you want some." She left it at that. The Thunder fox was more than capable of thinking for himself and would do as he pleased in any case anyhow. She flipped the Fillets and then sat down next to Akina.

((ooo... Hiya Patton ^^ Dun remember ever rping with you but hey ^^ Back reading does a world of good ne? Wb to the Shrine ^^ ))

Greedy Fox

Shifter reappears in the hallway before Kitsune's room in another small patch of summoned fog, now holding a silvered vial in his left hand. Regardless of anyone that might be watching nearby, he simply reopens the entry to the void's lair and walks in. Any social calls can safely be saved for after the library has been hidden elsewhere, as far as he is concerned.

Assuming part of the kuko's remaining samples of a thankfully rare, but still annoying effective magic disruptive powder will work as well at temporarily spoiling the powers of a certain artifact as it has against most magic reliant beings and lesser enchanted items, keeping the grimoire from demonstrating a form of advanced pain upon his flesh once it is touched should become a far simpler task.

Greedy Fox

Shifter walks towards the necromantic artifact that had so effectively caught his interest during his first visit to this room with a confident stride. More than anything else in the void's collection he wants to see the flesh-bound tome safely hidden away before something can happen to it. If there is any way he can think of safely removing it during this visit, the youko plans on atttempting it.

Opening the vial within his grasp, the youko carefully attempts to hold the metallic container above the black book and tilt said container far enough to dust the golden green powder it contains down upon the offending literary object. All he can do now is hope that whatever detection spells Kitsune placed on the grimoire are not sophisticated enough to realize his intentions until it is too late to prevent its removal.

3,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
~a two-tailed forest kitsune softly padded his way through a deer warren as he sniffed the air to find the hidden shrine of the Nogitsune. his brownish-red fur was somewhat shaggy but it provided excellent camoflauge in the lush forest. his first objective would be to locate a kitsune that knew of or had met Nyami. he wanted to find out as much as possible as to why she shied away from her own race. this, he knew from eaves dropping, was the only place she'd encountered other kitsune than her own front door. it was the best place to start~

3,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
~the two-tail paised when his trail junctioned with a more well-travelled path that lead further into the forest. her looked around. his brilliant green eyes blending with the leaves. well, he did hope to run into other kitsune. he should at least make himself visible. it's not like he was hiding from the chimera that live on the beach. so, he shifted intp his youko form and took the broad path. he was tall and lean with shaggy red hair and eyes like emeralds. one could say he was handsome, in a plain sort of way. he didn't stand out much. and his clothes were old and well-worn; jeans and a loose tunic. so, this was where the nogitsune stayed? intersting..~

Greedy Fox

Unimpeded, the powder drifts down onto the flesh-bound grimoire and melts into the artifact's surface as the compound quickly corrupts its mystic aura. Though the magic disruptive effect placed onto the book will wear off within scant minutes at most, Shifter only needs the book's defenses to remain inactive for a moment.

Grinning mostly in relief as the last of the golden green powder attaches itself to auras other than his own, the kuko drops the vial in his grasp to pick up the tome that had so caught his attention. Instead of admiring the ancient book's macabre beauty or otherwise reacting to finally holding it in any other strong way, he simply tucks the sealed writings away into a small sack he had enchanted previously for an occasion such as this. Shortly after the grimoire is placed within the bag's confines, the single use spells weaved within this cloth container quietly transport the literary artifact to a previously set destination within his abode then smooth out the tell-tale disturbances left in the local ethereal by the portal's passing.

Even more so than the remainder to the library, the silvery youko does not want to take any chances of the tomes discovery by hostile forces. Though his home had nothing substantive in the form of defenses until now, the potential scrying from anyone even remotely as dangerous as Valeth is too grave a risk to assume his den can remain hidden as-is. Despite his concerns, with the black book presently beyond Valeth's reach, moving the rest of Kitsune's collection into hiding should prove to be a far less emotionally stressful task.
Isa had closed her eyes, tears had formed without her realizing it. And then there was a screaming in her ears and a silence she did not want to hear. She had been dreading this, forbidding it to take place. "No..." Her eyes opened though they were blank and unseeing, her mind trying with all her might to make contact. Though nothing. "No..." She quickly stood up running outside the kitchen, though stumbling as if her body had a mind of it's own, continueing to run past the amphitheater and the main room before stumbling out the door and down the stairs, the food forgotten. She continued running until she found herself in the clearing she had said good-bye to Kitsune in, had promised... She grabbed at that. She could no longer feel Kitsune-sama's thread, nor to her horror, Tanuki's... But There... There was a faint thread... "Entei...!" The thread was scared, and if she allowed her healing energy through it shock came through strongly as well. She fell to her knees her eyes now closed and tears running freely from them. "I promise Kitsune-sama... If I can find him I promise to my family's honor I'll find him and raise him as if he were my own..." She closed her eyes tightly. This would take a bit more energy than trying to talk to Kitsune-sama, but she had to try.

Kurai Tensei's Husband

Salty Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
A slight frown came over Akina's face, So Isa has no clue what that was either...
The delicious smells of food filled her nose in an intoxicating manner, and the vixen's mouth beagn to water. Emerald eyes followed Isa's every move across the kitchen.
"Dunno if you had noticed, but Taniruya isn't in the shrine any longer, nor will she ever," the river kitsune's words stung Akina's ears as her attention snapped from the food to what her friend had been saying.
"Mmm... what does that mean, Taniruya's gone?" silver tripple tails twitched nervously behind her.
The answer to that question was one the forest fox was sure to be at the very least a bit worrisome. She paid little attention to the thunder fox as he entered, knowing he wouldn't want to be bothered. Akina waited for Isa to reply, but instead the four tailer let out a soft, pained cry of "No..." The silver vixen bolted upright to her feet, head tilted to the side a bit showing her confusion, face displaying fear for the worst.
"Isa... Isa, what's going on?"
But again her questions were ignored, and Akina quickly left after the blueish silvered vixen.

3,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
~a burst of flame appeared just outside the shrine entrance and out of the pillar stepped a large golden nine-tail with glowing orange eyes. she sniffed the air briefly, relieved that there were others here. she didn;t bother announcing herself as manners never got her anywhere here before. she walked right into the shrine's main hall and looked around, calling out to anyone who'll hear. Entei was more of a priority to the provincial celestial than anyone who'd accuse her of being a myobu~

Hello..?? I need to see Shifter, the wind kitsune. It's urgant. I have seen Lezard Valeth twice now, and I need Shifter's help.

~out in the forest, the red two-tail stopped in his tracks. he smelled Nyami from somehwere ahead of him. not good. her cursed under his breath and beat a hasty retreat into the bushes. he'd wait till she left...*
Isa's Eyes opened in shock, her eyeballs rolling as her body tensed in immense pain... Then slowly ever so slowly loosened as her natural abilities took over to fight the pain and heat coming from Valeth who had interrupted her connection. Her eyes showed showed glassy, almost blank as she watched the scene before her, her body frozen on her hands and knees, before determination showed upon her features, her body free to move again. "I promise... I won't stop til you're with us again Entei." Breathing heavily she forced herself up onto her feet. Turning around she had been barely aware that Akina had followed her, but now seeing her fresh tears and a fresh sence of determination found poccession on her features, but her voice choked with emotions. "They're gone... Kitsune-sama and Tanuki-san... They... Didn't make it... And Entei needs our help... A mage has him... And Entei doesn't re-remember..." She closed her eyes tight her fists balled. "I wiil find him if it's the last thing I do." Hearing the distant voice of Nyami her ears pricked up listening. She didn't know the person but her thread had a tinge of familiarity. She followed the thread back into the shrine. Upon looking at the golden 9 tailed, she cocked her head. The thread smelled of celestrial energy, but wasted jealous or greedy like her sisters... But the opposite... The emotion was distraught, but determined... like her own... And there was a slight smell that she associated mostly with Shifter's thread though this was almost stronger... She knew Kitsune-sama... "Hello? I do not know where Shifter-san is but perhaps... I can help?" she paused. "Is Valeth a mage necromancer with mismatched eyes and a really bad bird like laugh?" Even now his laugh was still echoing vaguely in her head.

3,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
~Nyami faced Isa. she'd never met this kitsune before...but she had kind eyes. and she looked a mess, much the same the celestial probably looked right now. she growled and dug her claws into the marble floor of the hall at the description of Valeth~

Oh, that's him alright...I can let him go unhunted for killing my beloved animals, but he has my little brother and I want him back. He...He's s-suppose to..

~she cleared her throat but couldn't stop tears from wetting her muzzle. instead of wallowing in grief she lifted her head, determined not to appear weak before anyone here~

..He is to carry on Onee-sama's bloodline and I will not rest until he is safe to do so. Valeth is twisted...I don't know what he has in mind, but he approached me to help him revive Kitsune and her army...for PUPPETS! Then told me he had Entei...Gods know what'll happen to him if he stays with Valeth...I think he's looking for something that Kitsune had..I don't know...All I know is..is that my best friends are dead and the one remaining needs help..

Greedy Fox

As the rest of the shrine comes to its own horrifying conclusions as to the fate of the void kitsune, a low yet regular stream of grumbled insults emanates from the fallen kyuubi's local quarters. The more colorful terms, spoken loudly enough to be distinguished from among the rest of the annoyed verbal stream, are punctuated by the occasional audible pop of a minor explosion or crackle of electricity.

Inside the normally more foreboding lair Shifter is trying to stack all of the tomes onto a table that he had recently cleared off so that he might move the void's collection of writings to a hidden location. However, the few traps remaining are doing a fair job at slowing the youko's progress as he is forced to block, dodge or simply grimace and bear the unwelcome effects of the defenses.

Despite the mystic upsets, since the only effects the silvery nogitsune is encountering now are relatively minor hindrances, he is ultimately only stifled every other shelf. Paranoia of an unwelcome outsider discovering his activities and trying to trail him as he gates to and from the shrine insure that the kuko will not slow down his reorganization of the library's texts unless he has too.
Isa blinked. "You're the sister Tanuki talked about then? Entei... I tried speaking with him..." Her fist clenched again. "That Valeth has him and cut across our communication... It was he that showed me her death as well... I told Entei I would find him..." She stopped clearing her throat before continueing, her voice had been growing steadily louder and angrier, taking a breath to calm down, Her face lowering and fresh tears forming at her eyes as she closed them. "I promised Kitsune-sama in the last few moments that if it came to it... If it came to it I would protect and take care of Entei... I swore on my family's honor... I'm not going to give up on him now when he needs me most..." She rubs her temple allowing her healing energy to try and erase Valeth's laugh from her mind. "Gods does his laugh EVER cut out?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff