Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rejoice NaNos, for you shall not have to wait until the cold months of November to get your creative groove on. I happened to stumble on this nifty thread in the NaNo Forums and I quite fancy the idea: http://www.nanowrimo.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24981&forum=194.

Thus was born the Gaian Summer WriMos! <insert dramatic music here> For those of you who have no idea what all this madness is and are staring at the screen with your eyes popping out of your heads screaming 1337 slang, such as "Owh-M-G-F-exclaimationpoint-W-T-F-one!" the following explaination is for you!

ninja The Blood-Red Explaination of Doom ninja
NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It is a contest of sorts in which writers bust out 50,000 words in the month of November. The idea is "write now, edit later." To get more info on the official NaNoWriMo go to the official site.
The idea of the Gaian Summer WriMos (standing for Gaian Summer Writing Months) is to do a NaNo-esque competition of will. The goal is to reach at least 50,000 words by the 31st of August.

exclaim The Rules exclaim
<insert rules here>

exclaim Banners exclaim
<insert banners here>
Yay, I'm excited! NaNo will be much easier without having to worry about school and the like. Besides, then my wrists will be able to forgive me, because I won't be torturing them - as much. Though who knows? Maybe without a ton of distractions, like that bugger known as school, I might be able to pull it off in just a month... And wouldn't that just be cruelly ironic?

whee

By the way, the only way I'm going to participate is if Chef Tony comes, too. Because really, what's NaNo without the Chopper? wink
Neat. The only drawback is it'll get in the way of my current writing project(s).
Why yes, the Chopper is required. I second that motion. 3nodding
Wow. That would actually give me a superfantastic excuse to get out of my "I suck and am too sucky to do this," melodrama. Besides, vacation time should be a lot more inspirational, right?*

I simply can't imagine doing NaNoWriMo in addition to school. All of you that managed it have my eternal respect!!!

*At least, it should be for me this year, since I'm not wasting all three months sitting around watching Montel, playing Zelda, and eating jelly bellies. wink
I might do that. It usually takes me about three months to write 50,000 words at a normal pace, anyway. Maybe I'll just add to whatever book I'm writing then and call it my entry XD No...that would be bad. And cheating. Very bad.
That's a great idea! I might have to wait until next summer - this one should be really busy. I plan on working on my book as much as I can this summer - I'd actually like to have it finished by this winter and I'm 1/3 done now as is - except that I'll be a bit preoccupied.

There's the wedding, then the honeymoon, then my brother-in-law's wedding, then our vacay while he's on his honeymoon... whee
Yeah, that's only 545 words per day. I think almost anyone can manage that amount.
heart

Sounds lovely. November Nano was great, but hard with school, exams and a holiday. Hopefully, my writer's block will be gone just in time sweatdrop ^_^

Rude's Bestie

Cat

Huh. I was planning on doing that anyway--didn't know there was an actual WriMo event for it.

Merry Bard

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I like it!!!! But eh.. Some more explaination could be helpfull XD!
anyone PM me?

Business Cat

5,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
I'm down with that.

I may not actually participate in full, but I will definitely be happy to lurk, offer moral support, and occasionally gibber about my own longer writing projects.

--CVirus
I'm in. I'll probably fall short of the goal, of course, because I've got classes and hopefully paid research over the summer, but at least I'll have a reason to prod myself into working on my novel.
Woo hoo! Inspiration to get my butt up off the ground and actually work on my stories! I think I'll rewrite my last Nano story. I never finished it, but it needs work.
All night writing sessions, Rhapsii? wink

Oh, oh. And Zelda. And SCII. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Summer NaNo. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff