Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a question: where are we going to put these? I mean, we could make threads, but the forum would be swamped (unless we had our own subforum, which would probably be spammed endlessly, anyway). Journals aren't the greatest for long posts either... or maybe we could all just sign up for free geocities accounts, or find a website to host us? Also, how does the official site do it? (I'm new to this whole NaNo thing...)
As far as I know, NaNo doesn't host the stories. They just need them for the word count. You can put an excerpt up, but only that.

You can probably put the stories up on fictionpress.net (or fanfiction.net if it's a fanfic) and have a topic where people post links to their NaNo stories?
No, NaNo doesn't host stories. And this isn't an officially-endorsed competition, so your word count will be counted by you, your friends, or whoever. It's just a laidback approach... One could call it practice for the real thing, even. There's a thread in the Nanowrimo forum (on the official website) where a person was like, "Hey, wouldn't that be cool?" and it just took off from there.

By the way, I was Princess Zelz... Until my account was unexplainably deleted. stare "Happy birthday, your account's gone!"
Arivess
Ooooh, that looks cool! ^^

(Hmmm, wonder if there's a kickoff event in Toronto...)
lol, Gee, I wonder if there's going to be one in backcountry Alberta? xd I'm so alone out here... sweatdrop
Seeing as there's no official word counter, I'll inexplicably go from 1000 words to 50k on the last day. Mwa ha ha!

Quote:
By the way, I was Princess Zelz... Until my account was unexplainably deleted. "Happy birthday, your account's gone!"

That's crappy. But, Happy Birthday! May things get better! blaugh
radioactive alchemist
Just a question: where are we going to put these?

I'll tell you one thing, I'm not posting my work publicly. Call me paranoid, but if you guys want to read it, I'm slapping a password on it first.

Perg
lol, Gee, I wonder if there's going to be one in backcountry Alberta? I'm so alone out here...

I'm so tempted to act like the typical Arrogant Torontonian, but I won't.

Alberta's not so bad. You have the West Edmonton Mall, that's something, I suppose. It could be worse, you could live in P.E.I. and be inundated with potato and Anne Shirley propaganda on a daily basis.
Hmm, there seems to be a few Torontonians here.

It'd probably be best not to put your entire piece up on the internet, it's just too easy to swipe, plus I don't know if others are going to want to sit and read an entire novel off of their screen or print off all those pages. I think it'd just be best to put excerpts or whatnot. Or even if people do find the time to read the novels, we could just like..send them to each other so that only participants read them.
acheron beach
radioactive alchemist
Just a question: where are we going to put these?

I'll tell you one thing, I'm not posting my work publicly. Call me paranoid, but if you guys want to read it, I'm slapping a password on it first.

Perg
lol, Gee, I wonder if there's going to be one in backcountry Alberta? I'm so alone out here...

Alberta's not so bad. You have the West Edmonton Mall, that's something, I suppose. It could be worse, you could live in P.E.I. and be inundated with potato and Anne Shirley propaganda on a daily basis.

I was considering on posting my progress in the Orignal Prose forum. But if it does turn out really good I don't know. But on the other hand it would be nice to have some critique.
Soulside Journey

It'd probably be best not to put your entire piece up on the internet, it's just too easy to swipe, plus I don't know if others are going to want to sit and read an entire novel off of their screen or print off all those pages. I think it'd just be best to put excerpts or whatnot. Or even if people do find the time to read the novels, we could just like..send them to each other so that only participants read them.

Eh-heh... Forgot that people might swipe. X.x (And yay Torontonians? XD; )
Soulside Journey

Yeah, I thought I might post a link to mine as a PDF (I find them fairly easy to read) with a simple password on it, if I decide to post it in its entirety. I can't imagine, though, that 50k will actually be the END of it. That's really short for a novel...
acheron beach

Perg

Nah, I'm kidding, there's nothing wrong with Alberta. Better than Saskatchewan... if you've ever driven through Saskatchewan, you know that there is NOTHING there. And then, you reach Saskatoon... and that's nothing special. sweatdrop In Alberta, we've got angry/bullshitting farmers! Booyah!

As for posting my story... heck no! My writing definitely isn't gold, but I would just die if someone stole an idea or story of mine. ...Setting up a password doesn't seem half bad, but even then, I'd be so wary about who I give the password... sweatdrop I'm just a tad paranoid about my writing.

8,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I wanted to ask for an official "participant" banner, but there's no room in my sig. ::shrug::

I don't mind sharing, copyrights are in effect before you think they are. And I don't know if Anrea said this, but her and I are part of a Wrimo guild, if you want to share in a more private location.

And I've wrote 25k in 2 days in November, let's see how this month treats me xd good luck, everyone!
Good luck everyone!

I decided to be an unofficial participant. I want to finish my novel this summer, so I'm just continuing a story (but the word count will start today for this section on, y'know). I don't think I'll be posting it anywhere though, so you'll just have to believe me for word count. But I'm honest, so that's good. *shrug*
I so want to do this! I had found the NaNo website a few months ago and was sad to find out that it didn't start until November, now I'll have something to do. Although I have no idea how to do the picture thing on gaia. If someone knows how could you PM me? Getting work right away!
And I'm off!

Maybe we could just post the 1st paragraph somewhere (like here, maybe?) to get a taste of how eveybodys' starts.
I was going to start mine in a thread. So if anyone wants to read it tell me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff