Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm feeling sufficiently insane enough--I'll do it.
Wasn't the purpose of Nanowrimo to force the creativity out of people? Giving it three months is going to give everyone a chance to dawdle about and think as opposed to sitting down and writing.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a Nano month in the middle of the year.
This sounds cool. I never tried any NaNo before, and I want to do it next November, but doing it in the summer should be neat as well. heart
Wow. I would love to! But I'm not a member of WriMo. crying Does that matter here or do you only want members? (I guess I could join, but I'm too lazy)
Hmm...I've never done a NaNo either. Infact, I was never really sure what it was. Haha, I'm so sheltered *sigh* I think that this is a fabulous idea. I would never try for 50k in one month...I'd never make it. I think I'm improving on my writing. Last summer, I spent the entire time PLANNING a book. Alright...maybe just the characters. Haha. And, anyway, count me in. I could work on my book(man is it suffering...haha) and my other ten books(*cough* Yes, I have writing problems). But, I think having a goal like this would help me write more. So, yeah. I am definately in for a summer Gaian NaNo...If someone would care to keep me posted(I might aswell be called Dory, my memory is so horrible), I'd be most grateful!
-Lenny
Ooh! Yay! This makes me happy! Ooh! I was already planning on it ...

Though I'm going to Germany for three weeks in June, so it's going to be kinda hard to write that much then ... but I'll definately start in July. I've got a novella all planned out, all I need to do is actually write.
Sounds good, but I'm gonna shoot for a bit more than 50,000.

Also, since the real 'novel' I'm planning is a collab, maybe I can get TechGeff in and we'll write 100,000 words. Mm, that'd be nice.
Where would we post our work once we're done? Here?
Do you have to? Because I probably won't ... I just want to finish the novella I'm writing.

And about the whole forcing you to write thing ... we could set a higher word goal. Or something.
Veive
Sounds good, but I'm gonna shoot for a bit more than 50,000.

Also, since the real 'novel' I'm planning is a collab, maybe I can get TechGeff in and we'll write 100,000 words. Mm, that'd be nice.

Me too... anyone else thinking that they're gonna aim somewhere around 100-150k?
Should we make this some sort of official contest? A guild tried to run a novel writing contest like this once, but then the guild died.
Penden
Should we make this some sort of official contest? A guild tried to run a novel writing contest like this once, but then the guild died.

Yes, I say!

All the more motivation for my lazy self... whee
grngrngrngrn1984444
Penden

Yes, I say!

All the more motivation for my lazy self... whee

Ok, well, we need organization and judges, then! xd I'm willing to help, to be a judge or whatever, but you guys need to organize me and tell me what to do!
Solo_Duo
Wasn't the purpose of Nanowrimo to force the creativity out of people? Giving it three months is going to give everyone a chance to dawdle about and think as opposed to sitting down and writing.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a Nano month in the middle of the year.

In that case shoot for triple 50,000! I think of summer as a time to put more effort into both quality and quantity! ^_^
Penden

I don't think it should be a contest where people compete against each other. Instead it should be a big glittery goal floating in the writing realms of Gaia. There should be a slogan like, "Summer WriMo... are you hardxcore enough?" We should help each other, not hinder.

I don't like writing contests; someone always gets angry and bitter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff