Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anrea
The head I can sever; it's the text that's giving me trouble. (WHY WON'T IT LET ME INSERT TEXT?!)

Are you zoomed in? Because I honestly tried for about 5 minutes to insert text while I was using zoom... and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong... smile

But honestly... I'm very stupid with computers...

Kawaii Sage

I don't think I was. I can go try that, though...

Kawaii Sage

sweatdrop Yep, that's what I was doing wrong. I think I made mine a bit wide, but... *shrugs*
Hey guys.

'Rea, I'm sorry I haven't added to the NaNo story, but I still have to read the entire story over again.. xp I'm going to copy and paste the entire thing into one document again and read it, then I can post.

I'm sorry 'Rea!!! I've been bad and haven't been contributing to the story, even though I've promised that I would!! crying

Kawaii Sage

Sesshoru
Hey guys.

'Rea, I'm sorry I haven't added to the NaNo story, but I still have to read the entire story over again.. xp I'm going to copy and paste the entire thing into one document again and read it, then I can post.

I'm sorry 'Rea!!! I've been bad and haven't been contributing to the story, even though I've promised that I would!! crying

*pat pat* It's okay. *sigh* I rather do miss the thing though. And Rift is gonna be gone most of the summer...bleah. We've gotta get the people in the guild to be more active. Maybe The Chopper ought to start sending out motivational mailings or summat...

Familiar Phantom

acheron beach
Dark angel Kaze

I don't know if this has been suggested, but I have an idea for the word count. Maybe instead of making it 50k words, it could be 100k? That seems like a ridiculous amount of words, though....

Meh, it sounds awful, but in truth, it's only about 2 pages at size 12 font a day - 1000 odd words. I think most of us can manage it... in the past 9 days I've written 41000 words without much of a problem (though not anymore, I'm dead sick of my latest story)...

And Ivy, I've got my version of your button prepped and ready to use starting June 1. I hope you don't mind, but I altered mine to have a little pencil on the bottom that shows my progress as I go along smile

Here, you may see below...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know, I'm such a geek... sweatdrop

Hey, I was *hoping* someone might improve the design. It looks fabulous. heart
acheron beach
Anrea
The head I can sever; it's the text that's giving me trouble. (WHY WON'T IT LET ME INSERT TEXT?!)

Are you zoomed in? Because I honestly tried for about 5 minutes to insert text while I was using zoom... and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong... smile

But honestly... I'm very stupid with computers...

In Paint? It's because for some stupid reason you can't put in text when it's zoomed in xp STUPID PROGRAM!

I had the same problem until I looked in the help file to see what I was doing wrong.
Anrea
Rhapsody
I was reading the old thread when the Chopper came up. Then I added it to my story to add more words. My main character's mother was obsessed with As Seen On TV and she had 3 Ultimate Choppers! xd The infomercial was also used in a scene to cause sexual tension. whee

How in blazes does one accomplish creating sexual tension using an Ultimate Chopper infomercial? eek

Hiya Sesh, Tal, Icy, and everyone else from the guild that I managed to miss ^^;;

I'll probably do it, if I can find a story that doesn't need major world building between now and June 1. (I s'pose I could do one of my "realistic" ones, but those are just boring.)

So my main character lost her memory. She realizes (remembers) that she's in love with her best friend and not her fiance. So, her friend is talking to her and she's pretending to be engrossed in the Chopper infomercial. Then her friend gets all frustrated and starts trying really hard to get her attention... See where this is going?

Yes... the Chopper can be used as a plot device in many ways.
Can I direct link to different people's buttons to post in the first post as samples?
I may participate after all. Cuz while in school I forced myself to write approx 1k a day, so why not that much now, if not more? Stupid lack of schedule threw me into a semi-block, well, not a block, a lack of motivation to write what's already in my head.

So, unless I find a job next week (which I AM trying to do) I may participate. Not seriously but it'd be fun. Cuz I only have around 60k words left of my novel TO write. LOL
Seoha
I may participate after all. Cuz while in school I forced myself to write approx 1k a day, so why not that much now, if not more? Stupid lack of schedule threw me into a semi-block, well, not a block, a lack of motivation to write what's already in my head.

So, unless I find a job next week (which I AM trying to do) I may participate. Not seriously but it'd be fun. Cuz I only have around 60k words left of my novel TO write. LOL

Don't let jobs get in the way of writing. I'm probably going to be working full time all summer... you just find creative times to write. Like between taking phone calls and entering invoices and while you're waiting at red lights! Disclaimer: I am not liable for any auto accidents that may ensue.
Is anyone publishing their NaNo online? Blogger gave some awards and front-pages to people who did theirs last November.

I might get into this, even though I'm a little late and short on ideas (well, substantive ideas at any rate). I've been meaning to get back into writing after my creative writing class last semester.
Rhapsody
Can I direct link to different people's buttons to post in the first post as samples?

Sure. I don't mind.
Rhapsody

Feel free with mine.

Edit: here's the link to it if you want.
http://www.boomspeed.com/greeneriffic/NaNos.JPG
Rhapsody

Be my guest

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces