Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Design a Snowman Contest!

Merry Modmas! If you would like to enter this contest, all you have to do is grab this base and design a Snowman. When finished, pm it to Meeki. Submissions will be judged more on concept than talent as this is meant to be fun! If you have no way to digitally design the snowman, you are welcome to print it out and use a traditional means for your design, such as crayons, pencils or markers. You would need to be able to scan it or take a picture of it to be able to enter it into this contest. We can't judge what we can't see!

While this contest is simple and fun, I must point out a couple of requirements. The rules of this site must be followed when submitting any design. Also, only one design per user may be submitted. I will be judging on January 1st.

Prizes
1st Place: 1,000,000 gold
2nd Place: Prince of Thieves
3rd Place: Cheerful Conjuror

Honorable Mentions: Funniest, Scariest, & Cutest will each get a Thank You Letter for June 2006

♥ Entries will be kept in my journal since there's so many. ♥

wahmbulance CLOSED! wahmbulance
Winners posted Here!

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to my art contest!

I have a bit of a soft spot for art contests, and I've been wanting art of my friends and me for quite some time. So naturally it made sense for me to host an art contest for Modmas! Please send all entries by PM to my Sunlit Angel account so that they don't get lost in the bottomless pit that is my inbox of my mod account. Make sure to title it something like "Modmas Art Contest" or mention that it's for the art contest in the PM so that I know why you've messaged me. 3nodding And thank you val for the extra letters go with the ones I had. heart

All art must be 100% your own.

Winners announced here!

Prizes

Overall Grand Prize: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image 150,000 gold *

2nd Place Overall: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image 100,000 gold

3rd Place Overall: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image 50,000 gold

Best Pandi and Friends: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image 50,000 gold

Best Pandi: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image 50,000 gold

* Overall grand prize will also win either win a head shot like this OR a full body chibi like this. It's one or the other, though, not both.

You can only win once, and there may be honorable mentions thrown in here. 3nodding

Click here for entries!

What to Draw

Draw me alone, or draw me with friends! I don't have any preference on this. However, please do not draw my friends without me in the art.

My avatars

The two avatars with the pink petals on the floor use the Astra-14: Sakura Breeze (the animated item), so the petals should be falling.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image

Valenas

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaidin

One thing to note on Gaidin is that the fish masks are actually his face. if you're still adding notes, it's basically just the idea that I'm chilling with little feeshy friends, doesn't have to be so cluttered or have them all, blah blah

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Xya

For the outfit with the blue butterfly wings, please leave the wings off.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Zero Omega

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Invisible Heckler

13,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User Image

Welcome, one and all, to the festive days of Modmas, a celebration of goodwill to all Gaians!
As we all know, holidays aren't truly holidays unless you can hear them over the radio waves far in advance.
In that spirit, this contest sets out to find 100% original revisions of the "classic" carols which permeate your car rides and grocery stores this time of year.

All Carols must:
~ Have a Gaian focus; this includes NPCs, Admins, and Staff (Artists, Devs, Mods, FAs), in addition to zOMG creatures.
~ List the classic reference you have used so we have a tune to follow.
~ Have clear and legible lyrics / audibility- we can't sing along if we can't read!
~ Be submitted by PM ONLY to Flameinexile with the title Modmas Carol Contest - any other title and it may get lost or misplaced.
~ Be 100% original and new; NO resubmissions of last year's works.

Carols may:
~ Reference Gaian places / items / forums in lieu of people / creatures as their Gaian focus.

Carols may not:
~ Focus on Prommies or users
~ Have a negative focus D: No unhappy holidays here!
~ Break the ToS

Additional Criteria-
~ Follow the tune / rhythm of the chosen reference.
~ Legibility / audibility are key.
~ Users may enter both contests (using the same or different modmas carols).
~ Each user may submit a maximum of 2 carols per category, but no user will win 2 places in one contest.

Categories-

Written lyrics - Submission of Modmas carol lyrics via PM

Singer-songwriter -

~ Submission of both lyrics and a video clip of you the user singing your very own modmas carol.
~ You may ask friends to sing with you, and you may use whatever effects you like for your video but at some point during the video, your username MUST be visible for this on a piece of paper or something similar. Digital alterations to include it afterwards will not be accepted.

Prizes for Written Entries:
1. Ballad of Orpheus
2. Nartian Rock 8th Gen.
3. Rock Hard

Prizes for Singer-Songwriter:
1. Ballad of Orpheus
2. Nartian Rock 8th Gen.
3. Rock Hard

Honourable mentions will receive Cary's Guitar

Submissions MUST be in by 11.45PM GMT+1 December 23rd.
Judging will subsequently follow, with prizes awarded no later than December 28th.

Gaidin's Wife

Stone-cold Witch

Winter Kissy Kisses

A Goosie and Val Christmas Contest

UPDATES

We have finished our deliberations early! Prizes are as follows!

1st Prize - killdoll
    2nd Prize - Lumieera
    3rd Prize - Nyuka

Favorite Romantic - Primordial Shadow
    Favorite Holiday - Passive32

Goosie's Pick - Yukiko168
    Val's Pick - StrawberryJeli

Thank you so much to everyone who participated, it was great to see your entries 3nodding .

As promised, everyone who didn't win one of our prizes will still be receiving a trade with an amount of gold at or above 5000 gold!

This is a super easy contest! Just draw Valenas and I together, being cute, celebrating the holidays, as friends or more (I don't care). 3nodding

Simply by entering you are guaranteed at least 5000 gold!

To submit your artwork please send Goosies Moosies (that's me!) a PM with a link to the art. Please ensure that somewhere in the title it mentions the contest!

For those of you who don't know what we are like together, which is probably most, just treat me like the loving, caring stalker and Val like the reluctant, hostage beloved. Or whatever you want to do!

What to Draw

Option One

You can use our avatar/tektek image references.

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Larger Version ////////////////////////////////////// Larger Version

Option Two

Draw our sims! There's plenty of other samples in the tumblr itself so if nothing works take a quick peruse and see what you can see? Their dynamic is pretty well laid out in the story/character profiles. 3nodding

Goosie McMoosie // Other Ref 1 // Other Ref 2 // Other Ref 3

Michael Valentine // Other Ref 1 // Other Ref 2 // Other Ref 3

Main Prizes

First Prize User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image// Aprox. ~850,000 User Image in value!

Second Prize User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image// Aprox. ~650,000 User Image in value!

Third Prize User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image// Aprox. ~500,000 User Image in value!

Bonus Prizes

Favorite Romantic - User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image // Aprox. ~700,000 User Image in value!

Favorite Holiday Themed - User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image // Aprox. ~700,000 User Image in value!

Goosie's Pick - User Image + User Image + User Image // Aprox. ~425,000 User Image in value!

Val's Pick - User Image + User Image + User Image // Aprox. value to be determined upon the letters' opening. Probably around 430,000 gold.

Don'ts & Do's

Don'ts...

There's only a few things we won't be accepting.

• Poorly photographed/scanned traditional artwork (ie: pencil sketch taken on an iPhone in crappy lighting). Basically, make sure your art is legible and nicely represented.
  • Banners, other graphics.
  • Writing/non-visual art.

Do's...

• Traditional mediums
  • Digital mediums
  • Animated
  • Sketches
  • Basically anything not listed above
  • Any fullbody/headshot/whatever formatting is fine

Guidelines & Contest Info

• Art must be 100% your own original work. (Including pixel art bases).

• Every submission will receive a thank you prize of at least 5000 gold for entering, which will be distributed at the same time as the main prizes, on January 8th, 2013.

• Submissions that do not meet the criteria above or which are submitted late can be disqualified at our discretion.

• A minimum of 10 unique submissions will be necessary in order for prizes to be distributed (this is because as it stands there are spaces for 7 unique prizes to be handed out meaning that there needs to be some small amount of competition in order for the contest to actually be a contest.)

• If minimum submissions are not satisfied, anyone who submitted artwork will receive 1 letter from the first, second or third prize category, and one letter from the themed categories/pick categories, as a thank you for participation.

• Deadline for Submissions is December 31st.

• Judging will take place from January 1st to January 7th by Goosies Moosies, Valenas and Pandilicious as a potential tie breaker.

• Winners will be announced and prizes will be distributed on January 8th by Goosies Moosies.

Entries

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image
Calling all Cheapskates! This is the contest for you! Build me a Tektek of an avatar that's equal to or under 1000 gold!

Winners are chosen! You can see them all here in my journal! Trades to the winners have gone out!

If you are or know the user known as Kenzi Meow Meow Williams, please have her / him contact me to get their prize!

How to Enter:

Simply go to Tektek.org and make an avatar that adds up to exactly or under 1000 gold. Save it with the keyword "modmas cheapo" then PM me the link to your entry. You MUST put "Modmas Cheapo Entry" in your Subject line or else you run the risk of it getting lost in my regular flood of PMs.

4laugh 4laugh Prizes 4laugh 4laugh

First Place: Sumi Tribe item, and 50k gold

Second Place: Cryptic Path CI, and 40k gold

Third Place: 30k gold

Special Category - Best Cosplay: December 2012 Letter

Special Category - Best Holiday-Themed Avatar: TBD

NOTE: YOUR ENTRY MUST EQUAL OR BE UNDER A 1000 GOLD! IF IT IS NOT YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!

Specifically I will check the Tektek once I get it or shortly after and it must be 1000 gold or under then. Since the marketplace changes constantly it is okay if it goes above a 1000 gold later on, but at the time time of entry it MUST be a 1000 gold or under!

Rules

1. Keep it (fairly) clean! No entries that violate the ToS or Gaia's Rules and Guidelines!
2. Be creative! I don't want to see the same old things for every entry.
3. You can use Prize and Joy items, but their Marketplace value is what counts, not the ticket value.
4. Try not to use too many items from a single set. Variety is and being clever counts!
5. Winners will be chosen by me and announced by 11:59 PM Eastern time on January 1st 2013.
6. I may award additional prizes to entries I particularly like at my discretion.
7. You may enter as many times as you want, but please limit it to one per 24 hour period.
8. You may use any hair or eyes from Salon Durem you want, they do not include in the cost.
9. You may use any of the basic bases available in SkinTyte: any human, elves, orcs, vampire, centaurs, imp and Zurg bases as long as they are available in Skintyte.

I will take entries until December 30th 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5). Winners will be announced by January 1st 2013 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (GMT-5). Trades with the prizes will be sent shortly thereafter. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

I Noticed You's Problem

Snarky Bear

50,840 Points
  • Live Fast! Die Garish! 500
  • Garish Bear! ʕ•㉨•ʔ 500
  • 捕まりました☆ 500
Riyoyo's Enviro Contest~!

Riyoyo
Winners of my enviro contest are located here! I am sending trades to the winners now!

Riyoyo
Wow guys! I had an AMAZING turn out for my avatar contest. So many entries, this is gonna be a tough one to judge.

I have put all the entries in a thread if anyone wants to look, Clicky clicky. It is really image heavy, as there are 128 avatars.

I will be making my decisions in the next couple of days and prizes should be sent out Friday at the latest. Thank you so much, everyone. :3

Contest is over, I am no longer accepting entries.

Hello and welcome to my enviro contest. biggrin

The purpose of this contest will be to create me a fabulous holiday avatar using the items from my inventory. I am going to update the enviro as it changes.

The Rules
Please keep in mind the details of the avatar below.
PM all entries to l4tul4 pyrop3. If you send the entry to this account it will not be included in judging. That link is to directly PM that account, no excuses. :3
ONE ENTRY PER USER. No mules. You are only eligible for one prize.

The Enviro
Here is the link!
DISREGARD THE HALO. IT IS A BORROWED ITEM AND I WON'T ALWAYS HAVE IT.
Use whatever hair you want. I want the eyes that style (or an item), but they can be any color.
Feel free to remove the items that are there, just didn't want to see her naked. biggrin
Must be Christmas themed or Wintry.
Please assume that I only have one of each item, unless it a gold shop item.
You may add items up to 200k. EDIT: CLARIFICATION: This means items outside of my inventory up to 200k. You can use anything that is in the inventory.
I like cute, matchy, and layering. Just a hint.
PM any questions to the mule entries go to. <3

And finally, the good part: The Prizes!
1st Place - 500k
2nd Place - 300k
3rd Place - 100k
Cutest - 20k
Best Matching - 20k
Most interesting layering - 20k
More prizes may be announced.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Ho, Ho, Ho!

It's that time of year again. The holiday season is upon us - a time to reflect on all our blessings and the wonders that make our lives so rich and full! One of things I always have loved best at holidays is spending times with friends and family, and reminiscing about past holiday events and happenings. Some stories are funny, others heartfelt and touching, and some are just, well, holiday horrors!

For my contest, I'd love to hear some of YOUR best holiday stories - those events and happenings that you remember as remarkable; the ones that stand out amongst all the other holiday happenings as being the most holiday defining moments in your life. If your story is picked as on of the grand prize winners, you'll score an AWESOME prize pack containing:
Quote:

* A Forgotten Pages Bundle item
* A G9 Laptop item
* 50,000 Gaia gold

Check out the official contest thread here: Sisky's "Tales of Holiday Joy or...Horror!" Contest Thread

Happy holidays and have fun - can't wait to hear your stories! biggrin
Sisky

Link to us with one of these banners! The bottom two are sig-friendly.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83475477/][img]http://www.angelfire.com/anime/animeuniverse0/Gaia/Modmas2012/banner.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83475477/][img]http://www.angelfire.com/anime/animeuniverse0/Gaia/Modmas2012/banner.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.83475477/][img]http://www.angelfire.com/anime/animeuniverse0/Gaia/Modmas2012/bannersmall.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

User Image

Quote:
I just wanted to thank everyone that helped with setting up Modmas, especially those that donated items to the Modmas mule. Happy Holidays!

- Pandilicious

Quote:
Merry Modmas to all, especially to all the staff helping with Modmas and to all the users participating in reverse Modmas <3
~coldheartedangel.

Quote:
Thank you, everyone, who has made Gaia 2012 so excellent. Here's hoping for 2013 to be as awesome!

~ Xya

Quote:
Ding!
-mcm

Quote:
Dong! (like a bell you weirdos)
-Shirlox

Quote:
Merry Modmas everybody! Sorry I couldn't play a bigger part in this year's event but I have work to do on the actual site event and that's taking all my time ><. Hope you have fun!

-Uncle Kenny

Quote:
First off, I'd like to thank my mom and dad and... crying Thanks for an awesome 2012! Onward to 2013! 4laugh

-starzXnight

Quote:
Happy Holidays! Please allow me to express my gratitude by-...wait! No! Come back! I don't bite hard!

- Razumi Yazura

Quote:
Merry Modmas everyone! Thanks for making 2012 such an amazing year, here's hoping 2013 is just as great!

-Darien S.

Quote:
There you go, Pandi.

-Valenas

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

[K!ng]'s Partner

Omnipresent Elder

Merry Christmas to everyone. This will be my first year having a "White Christmas" since i recently moved to the other side of the world. I'm use to having a cold lunch by the pool/at the beach for Christmas, so we will see how i survive xD.

But enough about me, this is about you. Yes you, reading this. Merry Christmas and many happy returns. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and get to see your family, no matter who you call family. Thank you for making this site what it is.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
HAPPY HADOUKEN HOLIDAYS! scream AND A MERRY MODMAS TO ALL YA'LL!

Destructive Genius

15,900 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Happy Holidays!

Ruthless Wench

heart Merry Modmas!

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

User Image Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of Gaia's users!
May your life be full of cheer and family (no matter who you call family)!
I'd like to give a shout-out to all my friends who've been supportive of me
and the RL friends who I've invited to join the world of Gaia!
To all the friends I've made from hanging out in art shops and the GCD and Q&A,
you're all wonderful and so very kind!
To all the wonderful Gaia staff (including the mods & FAs!),
you guys have inspired me to help the community in any way I can! emotion_bigheart
I love you Gaia! Here's to another year of fun and community! yum_coldone
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas