Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to the 4th annual Modmas holiday event! We've worked around the clock to come up with bigger and better contests, prizes, and fun for everyone to enjoy this year. Whether you're here for free art from staff and mods, to participate in one of our many contests for fabulous prizes, or just to hangout with your friends and maybe be lucky enough to snag a few free gifts from friends, anons, or our very own Modmas NPC, we hope you have fun. Whatever your reason for coming, we hope you stick around and have a good time with all of us. So we hope you have a Merry Modmas and Happy Holidays.

Table of contents

Page 1

And there even MORE contests on the second page so keep reading to find out about those! - Page 2

Page 2

Contest Guidelines
  • Unless otherwise stated, all contests will end on December 31st
  • Unless otherwise stated, all prizes will be awarded by the first couple weeks of January
  • If you have a question about a contest, please read through the contest and contact the contest holder
  • All awards and prizes given out are at the discretion and approval of the contest holder and/or Gaia Staff

Rules
  • Please do NOT spam. Even though this is an event thread, you are expected to follow the forum rules.
  • Please do NOT steal any images made for this thread or hosted in this thread. Give credit where credit is due please.
  • Please keep all of your posts legible (i.e. no bright colors), and make sure your posts are clean enough that the content can be found without needing to resort to detective work.
  • Please do NOT quote any of the contest posts.
  • All Gaia Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines restrictions apply. We want to give you nice things; don't give us reason to take them away.
  • This is not the place to bring up issues such as bans, warnings, or any complaint regarding Gaia with the Moderator staff.
    • To ask about a ban or warning, you can send a PM to any Moderator.
    • To contest a ban, please file a General Account Inquiry ticket in the Help Center, found by using the Contact Us link.
    • To file a complaint about a Moderator or staff member, please send an email to usertalk @ gaiaonline dot com.
    • To report a hacking, please use the Report a Hacking form.
    • To report a scamming, please use the Report a Scamming form.
    • To report abuse or harassment, please use the Report Abuse or Harassment form.

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

Welcome to the 2012 Modmas Art Giveaway! Since Modmas' inception, mods and other staff have come together to create art for the users to give back to the community during the holiday season. We all have different art styles and skills sets, so we hope you'll find someone here whose art you just can't live without!

How to get Art: Participate in this thread! Additionally, some of the mods have special requirements, so please read through the information listed below and make sure you follow their guidelines.

Name: Aminah
Samples: a one a two a three
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: It's going to be pretty random. Hanging around gets you a better chance :3

Name: Bunny Cakes[MB]
Samples: {X} {X} {X} {X}
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I'll be doing art mostly at random, however if you really want to be considered quote me in the Modmas thread and hangout with us a while. Please do not post on my profile or PM me.

Name: Dlin
Samples: Show the kind of art you're willing to do for users one two three
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?:In the modmas thread, quote me if you want art and have something in your post that is both holiday related and funny. If I laugh out loud or it's really sweet, I will do art for you. Limit two users per day. Some people might get color... I have new software on my iPad and users may end up as experiments as I learn it.

Name: Flameinexile
Samples: Puppyraffle Puppyraffle Art raffle
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: All individuals wanting something should post a comment on my profile stating that they would like to be entered in the raffle(s). Those who would like to be in the art raffle should be dressed in a festive spirit (my discretion) when posting! Those who wish to be entered in the sign raffle should state so specifically!

Name: Lyca_Watyre
Samples: Click the nails for the full image.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Most art is random! However Those who quote me or drop me a comment on my profile are more likely to grab my attention. If I see a particularly interesting (and simple) avatar, I just might make an animated gif out of it!

Name: Meeki
Samples: One // Two // Three // Four // Five
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I'd love to randomly doodle active thread posters. I favor girls as my boys look feminine. Super chibi boys would be fine.

Name: Myin
Samples: One . Two . Three . Four Something kind of like those?
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Second poster on every 500th page. emotion_yatta This should help me get some practice in. I also have to put that I cannot draw companion animals.

Name: Pandilicious
Samples: x X x X x
More examples can be found on my deviantart
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: Just say in the thread you want art from me. Please don't PM me or comment on my profile for art. My PMs get backed up enough. crying

Name: pugnacious banana
Samples: x x x x x something like those
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: first post on pages ending in 52

Name: Razumi Yazura
Samples: [x] [x] [x] [x]
More art in my deviantArt
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: In the Modmas thread, quote me and say that you're interested in getting art from me and say periwinkle somewhere in the post. Please don't PM or comment in my profile.

Name: Toriki-chi
Samples: Noodle || Doll
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: First poster on every 100 pages will get a Noodle. First poster on every 500 pages will get a Doll. emotion_awesome Other than that, I'll give out arts randomly.

Name: zieLiz
Samples: Most likely sketches like [x], [x] or [x], but maybe also colored ones like [x] or [x]
Any special requirements for getting art, or is it random?: I like doing art that tells a story or shows an action rather than drawing the avatar as it is. Please post in the Modmas thread, quoting my username for attention, and let me know you want art. To increase your chances, tell me a little about yourself or your avatar - likes, dislikes, etc.

If you're a Gaian that would love to join us in the spirit of community and giving, we'd love to have your art as well! Just fill out the form below by posting in the thread, and send me a Private Message on my Sunlit Angel Account with the page number that your post is on. I'll find it and add it to the thread here. Make sure to also include something in your PM stating that you want to give away art since I'm also hosting an art contest and don't want to get PMs confused. Remember, this is for giving away free art to other users, not for receiving art. You can also make your own thread in the Art Freebie's Forum. Let me know and I'll link it here!

The Form:
[b]I'm a Gaian that would love to gift spam art to other Gaians![b]
[b]Name:[/b] Your username. If you want to remain anonymous, you can certainly go ahead and send user's artwork on a mule or by including a link to the artwork when using the anon gift system, you don't HAVE to post here to send users art. This is mainly for users that would like to gift art but want people to follow certain requirements and such. :3
[b]Samples:[/b] Links to your samples
[b]Special Requirements[/b]: List here if there's anything you want users to do such as wear holiday avatars, comment on your profile, write a quirky holiday poem, etc, before they can receive your art!

Gaians that have signed up to give art

Name: Aiieve
Samples: { album }
Special Requirements: Quote me please! Respond with your favorite emoticon like so: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ and tell me if you have any specifics ♥ I'll pick by avatar/request kinda randomly. Also if I see you in the thread and think you're cool, I may just randomly quote you with free art. Notice that I have maaany different styles. I'm quite partial to the last sample myself. I wonder what kind of art you'll get.

Name: TheAnneh
Samples: Like these But in color.
Special Requirements: I don't celebrate xmas since I'm not Christian, so there are no real requirements avi-wise. I like avis that look good and that match

Name: Captain Incapable
Samples: [x][x]
More Samples: [DeviantART]
Special Requirements: The usual. Make me laugh, amuse me with conversation, or even just be in the right place at the right time. My selections will be completely random. I won't draw a whole lot of Avis due to college and work, but I'll definitely draw some of you. (I don't draw clutter, sorry.)

Name: The-cat-of-lost-words
Samples: La, If you're rull lucky, aaand La (I know it's a WIP, but you get the idea)
Special Requirements: My art giveaway will be kinda random. However, If your post makes me ultra lol or if your avatar looks especially pleasing, I'll probably end up drawing you.The samples don't necessarily reflect the complexity of art that I plan to do. Like, probably mostly chibis and a few full sizes but the background probably won't be all that. Thank you so much for this opportunity! cat_3nodding

Name:Chernobylpets cat_4laugh
Samples: http://chernobylpets.deviantart.com/gallery/
Special Requirements: Quote me saying ud like a chance at free art. On December 24th, I will select 3 gaians from all the quoted replies and draw something of their choosing. I work in all traditional media - pencil, pen, copics, watercolor etc. I'm not currently taking commissions and would not like any pms requesting art. This offer for free art only stands during modmas ^_^. (as i am a busy college student 24/7)

Name: Cloud Strife - Legacy
Samples: x | x | x | x | x
Special Requirements: Make someone's day. Make them smile, cheer them up, teach them something, be a friend, a good citizen, a hero.
Tell me the full story of how you did this. Screenshots and pictures are both awesome and recommended. It doesn't have to be on Gaia but it does have to be recent, as of between Dec 5th and Dec 31st.
I ask that you quote me in this forum, with your story and pics, please.

Name: xXFallen_NitexX
Samples: Sample1, Sample2, Sample3, Sample4, Sample5, Sample6, Sample7,
Manga Style (Digital)
Traditional Copic (RARELY)
Special Requirements: Request by PM. Avatars will be chosen at random (Hint: I don't like clutter). I can also do traditional pen lineart or pencil drawing if requested (I can finish this artwork the fastest).
*There is no definite day when I will finish the digital artwork*
-This giveaway lasts from now until the thread is closed or December 25th, 11:59 PM PST.
-Attach a link to the avatar you want me to draw (must be a GaiaOnline avatar)
-One request per person. I will either decline or accept your request with 'Yes' or 'No Thank You' and will tell you which sample type I chose to use.
-Finished artwork will be given via PM and may be posted onto dA.
-I get to decide which sample type (though you can still ASK for a specific sample type)
-For Sample3 and Sample4, state the color you want the drawing to be done in (Since it is monochrome) in your PM
-Quoting me via forum post will not get my attention
-Please be grateful for accepting the artwork even if it turns out not as you had expected
To make sure you actually read this, include " owo " in your PM or else I will automatically decline

Name: The Furry Fuzzball
Samples: Devintart Gallery - Colors 3D Gallery
Special Requirements: If You Wish Art From Me, You Simply Need A Catchy Avatar. An Original And Uncluttered One That Looks Fun To Draw. :3 Your Art Will Be PM'ed To You Personally, AND, Posted Here. (Worry Not, I'll Quote You.) You Can Also Simply Quote Me Asking. Ill Tell You YES or NO... It Couldnt Hurt To Ask... Right? :3 I LOVE to Draw. I Will Be Using The 3DS Or Computer For These. So It Will Be Graphic Artwork.

Name: Give a Pig a Pancake
Samples: Better Average Best
Special Requirements: Here is my ruling: I am gone quite often since I play a winter sport. Please quote me if you find my art to your wanting. I will get to it in due time. My art is different depending on my mood, so please do not be upset that it doesn't look as good as my examples. heart

Name : GraciePandaFaec
Samples: Headshot thing, another drawing thingy thingy,and a little doodle
Special Requirements: Just post a comment on my profile if youre interested QUICK NOTE: I usually don't color but if your avi is festive then maybe I'll try to color it for you~

Name: illitar
Samples:
yum_puddi Normal Drawings yum_puddi LINK 1, LINK 2, LINK 3, LINK 4
gaia_angelleft CHIBI gaia_angelright link 1 link 2
Special Requirements: PM me if you want stuff drawn and tell me want you want, either a normal one or a chibi.

Name: Lyricuri
Samples: [Profile art] -- [Deviantart] -- I will most likely be doing headshots or mini chibis.
Special Requirements: I don't like drawing men too much, but I WILL draw them under certain limits. No clutter, and please, PLEASE do not beg for art from me. //shot'd. I will not take commissions at this point in time, so please also do not PM me about commission details. Anyways, to receive art just simply post in this thread c: I will choose people randomly. I also might not post that often -- since I have a lot of things going on atm.

Name: Mentally_Challenged
Samples: Sample1 Sample2
Special Requirements: People can quote me if they want art, and if I don't have any that are backed up, I'll give it out randomly. The ones I pick randomly will be people who write something which makes me laugh. Be ready - funny people!

Name: MizMizter
Samples: chicken scratch sketches (I mostly do it traditionally but if your lucky I'd be doing it digitally)
Special Requirements:I love themed avis but no clutter(sorry) and i like little stories behind your avis. I'd like to have PMs with a title "Gift Me Art" sent to me with a tektek so I know what I'm drawing or a quote will do w/ tektek, this includes you writing anything specific you want in your art. PMs will be most like be chosen because it gets really busy in forums. Once in a while a quotes will be picked and I choose randomly for both. (*ΦωΦ*)ノMew, Merry Holidays

Name: MoonlightKo
Samples: Chibi#1 and Chibi#2 (Deviant Gaia Gallery)
Special Requirements: For Chibi#1, just quote me saying that you want one. It is for everyone. For Chibi#2, quote me saying that you want one and then chat with me in this thread. If you are wearing some sort of Christmas gear, you might receive your art before others!

Name: My Scarlet Death
Samples: I will give away animated pixel art | sample sample sample sample | , regular art (it's pg-13 I promise) , and chibi art. c: It's all grab bag though so I can't promise you'll get a full body regular colored art or anything.
Special Requirements: Quote me saying that you are interested in getting art from me. ♥ PMs will be ignored. I will randomly draw people that appeal to me that have quoted me. You must have at least 10 posts in the Modmas thread so I know you've been at least a little active there. Just bumps do not count. XD Chat a little! Merry Modmas everyone! ♥

Name:Puppytier
Samples:Tumblr
Special Requirements: It will be completely random, you have bonus if you're having a conversation with me or Spirited! Everything will be current avatar.

Name: Revolution Panda
Samples: Regular Super Chibi Chibi
Special Requirements: If you would like some art, be sure to stick around. You may quote me to get my attention if you want some art. If I find anyone who makes me laugh, I will make them art. I am currently experimenting on my drawing style - I will try my best to give out at least one sketch everyday.

Name: Sahara Leontre
Samples:
Traditional-[x]
Paint- [x]
Special Requirements: have to be a cat lover! would love to see some cute cat pics. just post to my profile that you would like art, and perhaps a pic of your kitty? cat_4laugh

Name: Sanutamar
Samples: Full Body Chibi 1 and Chibi 2
Special Requirements: I will give away my art pretty randomly to active Gaians in this thread. If your avatar really intrigues me and doesn't have too much clutter, you'll have a better chance of getting art from me - but you will only get a chibi. To earn a full body piece you have to quote me so that I know you are interested and I will give everyone that quoted me a number. At the end of each week I will draw a random number for who I will make full body art for. So I will give away a total of 4 full body pictures. I do this mostly so I don't get overwhelmed since it takes me quite a while to do full body pictures.

Name: Tollador
Samples: I'm always trying out new things, so it might not end up being exactly like any of these. =3
Chibi Sample, Human-ish Sample, Chibi-ish Sample, Human-ish Sample
Special Requirements: Either Quote me here, or Write on my profile with your references, three likes and three dislikes of you or your character, and give a Holiday Greeting! ^_^

Name: vitzeke
Samples: http://sillycoyfish.deviantart.com/gallery/
Special Requirements: it's going to be a trust. but i'd like them to promise to help someone else in need. a stranger. do a random kind to a stranger whether it's holding the door for a mother, saying thank you to your parents before getting dropped off at school. things like that.

Name: W3DN3SD4Y
Samples: Chibi 1 Chibi 2 Normal 1 Normal 2 Doodle
Special Requirements: I will be handing out free art to those who show kindness and appreciation for the Christmas holidays I love comments on my profile and people who enjoy in fun converstaions! heart Although I will not be able to draw art until this weekend because I have finals for school! Woo-hoo for winter break! I'll have random doodles flying around too!

Name: Zavits W
Samples: {x}{x}{x}{x}{x}{x}{x}
Special Requirements: Check here for Changes on special events and slots avaiiable

Name: Zero Solstice
Samples: X X X X
Special Requirements: I can't keep up with thread posts! Post a comment and your avatar must not be cluttered! Please post reference in the comment, I do not know when you will change! I range from sketch to full on color, depending on your avatar! I'm glad to be giving away art!

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
User Image

Happy Holidays!

Christmas is near and the holiday cheer is in full swing.
It's the time of the year where you get to spend time with family and hey even kiss the one you love under the mistletoe! romantic I know but lets move on.
We all know that Christmas is all about the presents,ornaments, lights, trees and cute decorated cookies for Santa to eat...which now brings us to the contest.
3nodding

Wait, you're holding a contest?
That is correct but not any contest, it's a photography contest.

The theme has to deal with the holidays and must include a short description of one of the following reasons
☑ Why taken picture relates to the holidays.
☑ Why or how is taken picture your favorite part of the holidays.

Contest Rules & Guidelines
✔ Follow the rules & tos.

✔ As mentioned above it must somehow relate to the holidays.

✔ Photo must have your username in it, written on a piece of paper. sample here

✔ You need to upload it to any image hosting site. For example, you can use photobucket.com, tinypic.com, imageshack.us, flickr.com, or any site of your preference that allows image uploading.

✔ Entries must be PM'ed with the title "Modmas Photography Contest" or quote summon me along with the entry. (see entry form)
I do encourage you to share your shots with the community. smile

✔ If you have any questions, don't post it here. Just send me a PM and I will reply as soon as I can.

✔ Please
DO NOT quote this post or you'll get a lump of coal.

✔ Have fun and stay safe.

Entry Deadline: Dec 28, 2012

Entry Form
✔Photo must have your username in it, written on a piece of paper. sample here

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Photo:[/b] [spoiler][/spoiler]
[b]Explanation of the picture:[/b]

[quote="Simply Angle"]Yo Angle, view my entry. :dowant: [/quote]

The Prizes

1st: 1mil

2nd: 500k

3rd: 250k

Entries
MintyNerd22 [via PM]
The Furry Fuzzball [x]
ReptarBars [via PM]
ScarletLies [via PM]
Shirochi Snowpaw [via PM]
IcetheRockstar2012 [via PM]
Angel_of_Death1665 [x]
HwellYwah[via PM]
Rain_Chuu [x]
flickadur [x]
avarcoe1 [via PM]
Horror Star [via PM]
Epic Penguin Ninja [via PM]
angelpinkydoe [x]
Allikatisakat [x]
Ziarinaa [x]
Bite My LollyPop [x]
FullSkull_Alchemist [x]
Raven1117 [via PM]
suraaaah [x]
iMutt [via PM]
Chibi Shippo Chan [x]
evil_deadteddy [via PM]
Desariea [x]
Miseka [via PM]
Purplesnoopy [via PM]
Bell Kalika [via PM]
Everlasting Lust [via PM]
Platonic Purple Panda [x]
-skittle-flavored-pocky- [via PM]
Magic_Loveliness [via PM]
Innocent Kitteh [via PM]
Zakiyyah Xocthitl [via PM]
SilverSeptember [via PM]
Daikooti [via PM]
Kitten of the Devil [via PM]
Narrutos-Sister-Axelfire[via PM]

Winners
1st~Kitten of the Devil

2nd~Angel_of_Death1665

3rd~ -skittle-flavored-pocky-

Destructive Genius

15,900 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image

I've decided to have a contest for art of my favorite holiday avatars from the past. Most of them come from different years on Gaia and all remind me of special things on Gaia. Please note this is a contest for art, it is not a dress up or tektek contest.

Rules

Follow Gaia's ToS
You can chose more than one avatar per entry if you wish.
Multiple entries allowed
I accept all skill levels so do not be afraid to try.
All entries must be original work (No TekTeks, commercial images, or art used for other contests.)

Important Dates
Start Date: Decemer 3, 2012
End Date: December 31, 2012

Prizes
First Place - 1 million gold
Second Place - 700,000 gold
Third Place - 400,000 gold

I may also award prizes to honorable mentions that do not place.

How to submit

PM all entries to The Rabbit of Seville with the title "Bunny's Holiday Art Contest Entry"

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

If you have questions please quote me in this thread and I will respond as soon as I can. Please do not PM me
[quote="BunnyCakes[MB]"][/quote]

Tektek item lists for each avatar can be found here.
You can see the current entries in the contest here.

Winners

Tied For First Place
User Image
User Image

Second Place
User Image

Third Place
User Image

Honorable Mentions
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

I don't normally do art contests, so this is my chance to award prizes to some Gaians for awesome art!
Entering:
Send your pieces to my mule account, ZeloOmega. Title the PM, "Art Contest"

Feel free to do art of any of the following avatars:

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image

Judging:
It's all my personal opinion! I'll figure out which pieces I like the most and award based on that!

Requirements:
You're the artist, you're the talent, so I'm giving you complete creative freedom to do what you want with my art! Just make sure it abides by the Terms of Service. If you want me in a serious pose, make it so! If you want me in a silly pose, then I'm fine with it! Let your creative juices flow freely when creating!

Deadline:
Submit your entries by December 31, 2012! Winners will be announced on January 6th!

Prizes:
Everyone loves prizes! Here are the prizes:

Grand Prize: A complete 2012 Letter set! – A 2.3mil value!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Second Place: A 2012 CI set, that means every individual CI that has been released starting from the Radiant Galaxy (January 2012) to the Trinket Heart - A 1.3mil value!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Third Place: 200,000 gold and a December 2012 Letter!

Get to arting!

Entries:
Entries can be found here:
http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/FirstTalis/library/Modmas2012/ModmasArt2012

Winners!:

To be announced

User Image

So a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away Casrial sent me a Gender Bender Potion which I was supposed to use to make my avatar female. Well, I lack the creativity to make a decent female avatar and would ultimately hide any sign of it being female. So that's why I'm leaving it to all of you to create this for me! You will be using my inventory within the TekTek creator to create my female avatar. You can find the TekTek environment here: TekTek Environment

Entering:
After you have created your masterpiece, then send a PM to my mule, Irregular Zero with the title of, "TekTek Contest." Please include the TekTek URL so I can see all the items used.

Rules:
- A maximum of two entries per person, please try to keep your entries in one PM.
- You are free to use items that are not within my inventory.

Deadline:
Submit your entries by December 31, 2012! Winners will be announced on January 6th!

Prizes:
Here are the prizes for this contest.

Grand Prize: Two December 2012 Letters and me wearing your avatar creation.

Second Place: 100,000 Gaia Gold

Third Place: 50,000 Gaia Gold

User Image

My inventory is pretty lack luster, I collect items here and there but not nearly as many as I want. As a result, that leaves me with some pretty dull looking avatars and not many choices to use. So I want you to build me a list of items to purchase, I don't even know where to start anymore! This contest is simple, just create a list of items that you think I should have. I typically like blue items, but am open to use many other colors.

Entering:
Once you have created your list of items, send a PM to my mule George the Domozilla with a list of your items and estimated gold cost for everything.

Rules:
- Your list must have a minimum of 20 items.
- Duplicate items are allowed.
- You must include an estimate gold cost for the entire list.
- Linking to a couple of TekTek avatars with the potential avatars these items could make is nice, but not required.

Deadline:

Prizes:
Here are the prizes for this contest.

Grand Prize: One December 2012 Letter.

Second Place: 100,000 Gaia Gold

Third Place: 50,000 Gaia Gold

Devoted Fairy

11,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie For All! 300
User Image

Merry Christmas

and a

Happy New Year

I hope you all are having a good holiday season so far! I know I am. Christmas happens to be my very favorite holiday, for a variety of reasons. Mostly the chilly air, the beautiful Christmas lights and decorations, and the spirit of giving and being with your family, friends, and loved ones. Yes, pets count as well! But I digress; you didn’t come to listen to me chatter, after all! You’re here to learn about my Tektek contest.

So… let’s get right down to the nitty gritty of what this is all about!

Rules & Guidelines

Follow the Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines, as always
The TekTek has to relate to the winter season, and preferably have some Christmas-y or New Years vibe.
Must be simple in style and not cluttered.
The TekTek should have at least one blue item on it, simply because blue is my favorite color. ninja
Explain what the theme of your TekTek is and why you think it should be the one to win. Be creative and include a back-story, if you want! ^^
Entries must be PMed to my inbox with the title "Misty's TekTek Contest", otherwise I'm afraid that I will lose your entry.
Questions? Concerns? Issues? Quote summon me with the code provided below or simply send me a PM. ^^
Above all... HAVE FUN!

FAQ on the Contest

Is it one entry per person?
            Nope! You can enter as many as you would like to. The amount of times that one enters has no bearing on whether they have a greater chance to win, just bear in mind. I'll simply choose which one I like best, regardless of how many times that person has entered.

Will you include an enviro? If not, should the base (skin, eyes, hair) be the avie you have right now?
            An enviro is not important. ^^
            By no means do you have to use the base that I have now. Go crazy! biggrin

How much gold could it be? Does there have to be a certain amount?
            Nope! There is no price-cap, nor is there a minimum amount. Go crazy!

For your tektek contest, does it matter if we use Dream Free?
            It does not matter. You can use it if you like, but you don't have to. ^^

if I already entered a Avie (that I made) into zero Omega's Man looks like a lady contest, would that same Avie be elligible for your contest?
            I'm going to say no, just because it has a shot to win in another contest. It doesn't seem fair for that Avie to have a chance to win twice. You're more than welcome to create another TekTek for my contest, though. ^^

Deadline: December 31st, 2012, New Years Eve
WOW. I did NOT realize I would have so many people interested. Due to the many amount of responses, I've cut the deadline back to December 25th, 2012, Christmas Day. This will give me time to catch up and judge. Anything received after December 25th will be rejected.

Entry Form
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]TekTek:[/b]
[b]Explanation:[/b]

Questions? Concerns? Issues? Just want to Chat?
[quote="RiverMist20"][/quote]

Enter your text here! ^^

Entries

Thread for entries for me to post in.

The Prizes
First Prize: 1 million gold
Second Prize: Inari's Beads 7th Gen
Third Prize: 100,000 gold

Winners

First and foremost, I would like to thank every single person that entered the contest. It was a very large turnout, and I am more than happy with how the contest was able to be run. So a big shout out to all of you that put in your hard work to make this contest wonderful!

Second, I want to say that deciding upon who wins first, second, and third was not easy. There were many, many wonderful TekTeks and it's been very difficult to choose only three. That being said, everybody that entered has received a little gold just for that. So if you have not done so already, please take a moment to check your trades. ^^ You might be surprised.

Third, there are a few of you that have changed your names and now I can't find you anymore! If you'd like your gold, PM me with the name that you were previously. I'll check and see if it matches up, and then you can get your gold!

Now, without further ado, here are the winners!

First Prize
bumblebee1888
Explanation:Her name is Melinda. She's madly in love with the nutcracker. with her vivid imagination, and her powerful love, nutcracker came to her existence. Nutcracker protects her with his own life from the evil clutches of holiday villains, snow witch and the king rat. With the nutcracker on her side, and her trusting fuzzy companion (the rabbit), Melinda can forever live long in peacefull serenity.

Second Prize
LonelyTraveler13

Explanation: Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol was the inspiration for this piece. The clothing style holds more of that Victorian feel that is an icon when it comes to the "traditional" Christmas. The white crystal whisps and the lifeless background along with the billowing scarf show the chilly scene of winter without distracting the viewer from the character.

Third Prize
lapsis stella
Explanation: During a winter's full moon, she takes a walk. Her layers of clothes keeping her warm as she gracefully strolls through the night. Winter is her favorite season and she can't keep her enthusiasm sealed as she sneaks away to meet her only love, the winter moon.

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

13angel9's Princess

Timid Cat

13,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

År𝖙 𝕮on𝖙es𝖙

User Image
Notice: winners
Description
I want art of the above avi before December 24th.
On December 25th I will decide which submission I consider the best and award prizes.

Rules

• Do not send things to my inbox
  • All entries will be posted in this thread
  • Do not remove/break the image before winners are announced
  • All questions should be posted in the modmas thread (quote me when asking)

Prizes
First Place
1.5mil
Second Place
1mil
Third Place

User Image

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Happy Holidays!

It's that time of the year again, where you're holding your arms in the freezing cold, wearing the most puffiest of coats, and wishing you had a nice warm mug of hot cocoa. Except you're here reading my contest! So lets get right down to what this contest is! This is simply as the title says, a fishing contest! I love to fish on Gaia, so I'm holding a competition of it for this year's Modmas. If you're interested in joining, just go ahead and do so! But first, go read the rules!

Rules

✘ Follow the ToS and Rules and Guidelines.
✘ Everyday from the start to the end of the contest, I will post what the fish of the day is. You must catch this fish and then state the new phrase I announce alongside what fish you need to catch as well as putting the day's date. Here is an example: Example.
✘ You must quote me, the first who do so win each day's points. Do NOT PM me. I must be notified by quoting me correctly for it to count.
✘ Posted screenshots must be viewable to all using places such as photobucket or tinypic.
✘ Cheating will be considered scamming. This means no taking screenshots of pre-caught fish and then editing the photo so that you post first.
✘ Each day, the first 5 people to quote me with a link of their photo will receive points, the person with the most points at the end wins.
✘ Sometime between 11am to 1pm PDT each day is when the fish for the day will be posted (It's possible they could occur at different times as it is finals week soon and I will be moving and driving back home for the holiday break).
✘ First person to quote me gets 3 points, second and third receive 2 points, and fourth and fifth will receive 1 point.
✘ Now and then I might post a fish to be caught, but only one person would receive 2 points for catching it first, this is to give others more of a chance to score points.
✘ In the off chance of a tie, there will be a fish off. At a time where both contestants are on and can fish, a tie breaker will decide who will win with a random fish I will say I want you to catch. The same rules will apply that you will have a special phrase and date to say in the chat.
✘ Have fun fishing, enjoy Modmas, and have a happy Holidays.

Prizes
Prizes for this competition will be as the following:

1st Place:
User Image
Cryptic Path Bundle

2nd Place: User Image & User Image
Prince Cardinalis & Sunset Spirit

3rd Place: User Image
Monthly Collectible Letter for November 2012

CONTEST IS OVER

The final standings are:

Wakatau - 41 points
Marie-Cris - 30 points
Kyuui Kiwi - 26 points
Nikkly4Ev - 24 points
Loserpantsmcgee - 13 points
soulgirl99 - 12 points
Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals - 7 points
SnowbaIl - 5 points
Zubatt - 4 points
Niccolo Ammaniti - 3 points
Sincerely-Cynthia - 3 points
ReptarBars - 3 points
Oriqui - 2 points
Freddus - 2 points
Mustachioed - 1 point

Fish so far:
12/31/12 - Gray Striper
12/30/12 - Dicy Tuna
12/29/12 - Sand Boldur
12/28/12 - Didn't have internet for the posting time
12/27/12 - Blue Bass
12/26/12 - Frozen Trout
12/25/12 - Christmas, no fish
12/24/12 - No fish for the day
12/23/12 - Pyrite Biter
12/22/12 - Witchling Catfish
12/21/12 - Bubblegum Balloonfish
12/20/12 - Slate Mutant Crab
12/19/12 - Tigerstripe Catfish
12/18/12 - Icy Tuna
12/17/12 - Ten-Second Racerfish
12/16/12 - The Black Bubble-Eye Goldfish
12/15/12 - Was driving all day! No fish this day :c
12/14/12 - Acidic Jelly
12/13/12 - No fish, wasn't able to post one
12/12/12 - Ectomane Hellfish
12/11/12 - Ochiba Koi
12/10/12 - Titanium Ironjaw
12/9/12 - Blue Biter
12/8/12 - Green Seedkin
12/7/12 - Green Striper
12/6/12 - Brown Pebbo
12/5/12 - Orange Guppy
12/4/12 - Cool Trout

This contest will begin on December 4th and the final day will be December 31st, 2012 (PDT).

Here are some quick links for you!
Fishing Links | How to catch/filter | Fishing Store

An Art Contest

Woah! Something unexpected?! Yep! I'm having a mini art contest!

My pet guppy, Bosley, needs some art. He's all ready to be drawn but has yet to find anyone to show the world how beautiful he is!

So what do you need to do? Just simply draw Bosley!
I also have a special offer, if you draw Razumi with Bosley, you'll be entered to win a special prize, meaning you could win a bonus prize! All you need to do is draw Razumi squishing Bosley's cheeks! Raz can't seem to stop doing that....
Psst, click Bosley!

User Image

Rules

✘ Just like the other contest, follow the ToS and Rules and Guidelines.
✘ PM all entries to me, title your PM's "Bosley Art Contest".
✘ You can simply draw Bosley or you can draw him in some kind of background.
✘ Art must have Bosley in it obviously.
✘ Winners will be decided by me based upon my personal preference.
✘ There is no limit on entries sent in, but you can only win one prize (unless your art includes Razumi, as this enters you in to win the bonus prize as well).

Entries

RoseRainn
[x]

FullSkull_Alchemist [x]

Oriqui [x]

Nikkly4Ev [x]

x-WhattaBeastt [x]

SilentBreeze90 [x]

Aeronn [x]

Rain_Chuu [x]

jazz the dragon ninja [x]

Prizes

1st Place: 300,000 gaia_gaiagold

2nd Place: 200,000 gaia_gaiagold

3rd Place: 100,000 gaia_gaiagold

Bonus Razumi Prize:User Image

Monthly Collectible Letter for November 2012

The winners are:

1st Place: Aeronn

2nd Place: FullSkull_Alchemist

3rd Place: Rain_Chuu

Bonus Prize Winner: Aeronn (I would like to state that because the focus of this part of the contest was with Razumi, I had Raz help me judge the pieces of art submitted that were part of this contest because well, it's his face being drawn!)

CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS

And to those who didn't win, you all are excellent artists, keep up the amazing work!

This contest will end on December 22nd, 2012 (PDT)

Simply Angle's Husbando

Jaeger Pilot

User Image
User Image
User Image

Care for a little something different? Then you've come to the 'write' place. (Haha. 'Write' place. Get it?) This contest is a little different from your average writing contest. You see, this one takes on that "creepypasta" vibe to it. Yup. You got it. It's a spooky writing contest. Instead of just scary, we're aiming for a holiday theme to these scary stories to tie in with the season.

Are you up for the challenge?

Contest Rules
☠ It goes without saying, but please follow the Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines. This includes not submitting anything that depicts excessive violence or gore.
☠ As this is a holiday themed contest, please have some aspect of the season (snow, gift giving, family gatherings, friends on a holiday skiing trip, etc). Don't forget though, the main thing we're after is something overall spooky!
☠ The story does not have to be Gaia-themed, but it can be.
☠ The story must be your own. Please do not submit anything that you have not written or created yourself. Plagiarism is bad, mkay?

How to Enter
☃ Entries are to be posted here. The thread linked there will serve as the holding area for the contest in order to keep things neater and all in one place. Stories posted anywhere else will not be judged.
☃ PM the entry form to Aleksei or Darien S..
☃ Please title your PM with "Modmas Story Contest."

Prizes
❅ Best Overall Story: 300k (One Winner)
❅ Funniest Story: 150k (Two Winners, one picked by Aleksei and the other by Darien S.)
❅ Honourable Mention: 50k (Two Winners, one picked by Aleksei and the other by Darien S.)
❅ Best Gaia-Themed Story: 1 each- November 2012 & December 2012 Thank You Letter (One Winner)

Technical Information
☞ A word count is in play for this contest. The minimum word count is 100 words and the maximum is 10,000. Please do not go over this. If you need help in finding out how many words your story is, feel free to use this site that I totally didn't just pick a random word count site when Google searching (as we'll be using it to verify the word count of the entries): http://www.wordcounter.net/
☞ Judging will be done by the tag-team duo of Aleksei and Darien S.
☞ Deadline for entry is 22 December 2012, 11:59 PM PST.
☞ You can enter multiple entries, as long as you're only submitting entries for different categories.
☞ All prizes will be awarded by 5 January 2012, 11:59 PM PST, and winners will be announced here.

Winners

Thanks to everyone that participated! It was tough going through and deciding a winner with all of the great entries but here are the winners below:

Best Overall Story: Malevolents - The Case of Eli Sesket

Funniest Story (Aleksei): angry_secks_robot O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How Deadly are Your Branches
Funniest Story (Darien S.): rabbit and coyote Entry

Best Gaia-Themed Story (Aleksei): Nyuka The Dark Side to Modmas
Best Gaia-Themed Story (Darien S.): No entry submitted gonk

Honourable Mention (Aleksei): Chumsicle Frost

Honourable Mention (Darien S.): D1ary_of_the_Vampz Entry

Entry Form

[b]Title:[/b] [i](This is optional. You don't have to have a title if you don't want one.)[/i]

[b]Word Count:[/b] [i](Please be sure to check the technical information for the limits.)[i]

[b]Story Category:[/b] (General spooky story, spooky with some funny thrown in, Gaia-themed)

[b]Link to Story:[/b] [url=LINK_GOES_HERE]Here is my entry.[/url] [i](Please don't forget to edit in the url to your story, otherwise we may overlook it.)[/i]

Infamous's Wife

Rainbow Hero

User Image

Update 12/20/12: WINNERS!!!

Congratulations to the following:

Quote:
Humor/Gaia:

1st: Name: iMutt

Haiku Beware of Diedrich
He filled my stocking today
Hope those lumps are coal...

2nd: Name: Seremela Nolatari

A cake draped in snow.
The snowman counts one candle.
It was not a lie.

3rd: Eris_Lenore
Name:You do NOT want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Hippopotamus
Would not make a good present
They will sit on you

Seasonal/Nature:

1. Name: TsukiShotatsu

The snowflakes whisper
the secrets of winters past
To frigid silence

2. Username: Clannibal
Name:Arch nemesis.

An airborne moment,
Life flashing before my eyes.
We meet again, ice.

3. Name: AngelicAcid

Holiday Kittens
Green Fur and Red Fangs Tumble
No More Christmas Tree

Here are some others we liked:

Quote:
taka9tori
Name: holiday food woe
this years hanukkah
i am not dating a jew
make my own latkes.

Name: Yukiko168

Just joined Gaia, want
Winged Anklets for dream avvie.
Selling my kidney.

Username: nakedlink
Name: Waiting

The color of snow
Shades of Christmas long since passed
A bell rings elsewhere

Name: floyo

Children spot "Rudolph"
His nose glistens with fresh blood.
Carl feels joy.

Name:purplegnomes

The star on my tree
Falls off every single year
Now I use duct tape.

Username: Taj the Impaler
Name: Holiday Haikus

A holiday Elk!
with hot breath and glowing eyes;
Do not throw snowballs.

Username: Kagemorou
Name:Warmth from the Cold

The North Wind blows cold,
But I fear not winter's chill.
Friendship keeps me warm.

What are haiku?

1. Haiku are three lines long.

2. Each line of a haiku is limited to a specific number of syllables. The first is 5, the second 7, and the third 5.

Example:

Quote:
This is a haiku.
There are no rhyming lines here.
Oh, goodness gracious!

*****Example modified due to regional differences on pronunciations which affect the syllable count. Yay, less confusion!

What are the rules?

1. Two submissions per person.

2. Original Haiku only (no submissions of haiku you find on the web!) Plagiarizing may result in eviction from the contest.

3. Submissions are due by the 16th of December, 5:00pm pacific. Results will be announced and prizes awarded by December 21st.

4. Please post haiku in the thread, then send a private message to Casrial with a link to the page your haiku is/are on. This ensures we won't miss your entry, while allowing everyone else to enjoy your poem, too! Here is a form you can use to post:

[size=20][color=red]HAIKU PARTY[/color][/size]
[color=green]Name:[/color]
[color=green]Category:[/color]
[color=green]Haiku[/color]

5. Please make sure haiku are holiday and/or Gaia themed!

What are the categories?

1. Humor/Gaia themed
  • First prize: June 2011 monthly collectible
  • Second prize: May 2011 monthly collectible
  • Third prize: 20,000 gold

2. Seasonal/Nature themed
  • First prize: January 2011 monthly collectible
  • Second prize: May 2011 monthly collectible
  • Third prize: 20,000 gold

Other prizes not listed here will be awarded based solely on our subjective feels.

What criteria will you use to judge?

1. Originality

2. Humor or poignancy. Excellent imagery is a bonus!

3. Flow

O.G. Seeker

User Image

There we are, it's this time of the year when we get ready to celebrate Christmas/Yule!
Some of us are not so fond of it irl, but it's always a blast on Gaia! It's the time for fun games,
new seasonal items, festive avatars, gifts exchange and massive shopping spree to find the perfect present for each of your friends.
I can't wait to share some of the fun with you all in this thread!
Good luck to you all! And Merry Christmas / Bonne chance à tous ! Et Joyeux Noël :]
Love you,
Prince~
User Image
User Image Instant Chance Giveaway: Win 2k12 Chance Items!
How to play:
- Post in the thread, chat and have fun. :]
- Watch out for Kikis Noël (Christmas Monchichis) cards: whenever one is posted, be the first to quote the post!
- First user to quote the Instant Chance post wins a random Chance Item from 2012.

CIs to be given away: 30~
Want to preview what the cards look like? Click the Spoiler button for an example:
User Image
Note: Quoting the sample card WILL NOT get you any item.

Simple rules:
- Don't use mule accounts to raise your chances to win. If you do you'll be disqualified from all contests. :/
- The maximum number of prizes you may win during the event is 3 overall to make sure prizes won't all go to the same users.
The more winners, the better! :]

Winners log:
- Lady Grey Coffee - Digital Rainbow - p.45
- The SKULL Candiii - Forgotten Reverie - p.60
- AstraMorningstar - Forgotten Reverie - p.195
- KaguraSakata - Forgotten Reverie - p. 707
- Zavits W - Runic Challenge - p. 776
- Red-Zan - Digital Rainbow - p. 1097
- unlucky black tiger - Champion Halls - p. 1376
- Dark_princess_Chrissy - Dark Reflection 2 - p. 1482
- ReptarBars - Cryptic path - p. 1538
- Angel_of_Death1665 - Forgotten Reverie - p. 1716
- ReptarBars - Runic Challenge - p. 1874
- Lucentas - Champion Halls - p. 2134
- myzkyti - Runic Challenge - p. 2188
- Duchess-of-Pink - Champion Halls - p. 2271
- gironde - Radio Havok - p. 2401
- angry_secks_robot - Dark Reflection 2 - p. 2621
- ReptarBars - Champion Halls - p. 2682
- Red-Zan - Cryptic path - p. 2769
- Dragon_Prince_Arutha - Forgotten Reverie - p. 2798
- Riku Lucifen - Runic Challenge - p. 2911
- Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals - Radio Havok - p. 3028
- MoonlightKo - Dark Reflection 2 - p. 3142
- ChipmunkChucker - Runic Challenge - p. 3272
- MrsPandaSins - Forgotten Reverie - p. 3330
- kerrowe - Dark Reflection 2 - p. 3416
- Angel_of_Death1665 - Cryptic path - p. 3569
- Red-Zan - Champion Halls - p. 3595
- Ellili - Radio Havok - p. 3637
- Firiel Glas - Runic Challenge - p. 3734
- Purplesnoopy - Trinket Heart - p. 3783

User Image
User Image Mod Stalker Trophy Contest: You like Mods? You're a stalker good at finding information? Then this Trophy was designed for you! Become a millionaire by showing you're the best Mods Stalker!

How to play:
- I'll be posting 20 Mods-related questions during the event (you can read them below).
- Once you gathered the answers to the 20 questions, send them all to me in a PM titled "Mods Stalker Trophy".
- The Trophy will be awarded to the first user who sent me the correct answers to all questions.
- Time limit to send me the PM is December 31st, 2012. Contest is now over!

Rules:
- Please read the Rules and Tips sections before PMing me with questions. Note: quoting me in this thread will more likely get you a quicker reply.
- Don't use mule accounts to raise your chances to win. Only send one participation.
- DO NOT post the answer to any question from this quiz in this thread, nor in any other thread or forum.
- DO NOT message any Moderator to ask them for help (concerning this contest, of course), or to ask them to check your answers.
- Any other form of cheating will also get you disqualified from this and all contests.

Check out the tips below to help you in your Trophy quest!

- Questions are about Moderators only (no Admins or Forum Assistants). This includes any category of Mods: Site, Global and Omni - in other words, anyone with a green username. ^^
- There is no accurate/up-to-date Moderators list... However, note each forum and subforum has its own list of Moderators you can see by clicking the [view Forum Moderators] link at the top left of every forum homepage. Make sure you check them out!
- Quiz questions don't require you to actually irl stalk every Mod on their way back from school or work!... a simple visit on their Gaia profile should already give you lots of precious info.
- Don't wait for all the questions to be disclosed to start searching for answers! Every question will require research time, so you won't be able to make it to first place if you have all the other questions yet to answer when I'll be giving the last one.
- Save your replies somewhere, for instance on a (notepad / Word...) file on your computer so you won't have to type them all again in your PM. Don't keep them on Gaia as anyone could find them and steal them, unless you do so in a private journal entry (the kind no one else can read but you).
- Once all 20 questions have been posted, I'll post a form you can easily copy/paste to your PM to make things easier. :]

Prizes:
Note: I adjusted the main prizes distribution so it would reflect the entries better and be fairer to users who actually found the right answers to all 20 questions.

Mods Stalker Trophy:
awarded to the first Gaian who sent me the right answers to all questions
1,000,000 Gaia Gold User Image + User Image The Case of Pietro (9th Gen)
Great winner: Ametenshi Vlos Valsharess

First runner-up:
second Gaian who sent me the right answers to all questions
1,000,000 Gaia Gold User Image
Winner: Gamine

Runners-up:
Gaians who sent me the right answers to most questions
1 random 2k12 MC letter each User Image
Mirukis, Pyro Kaerf - (19 correct answers)
x wildfyre x, SomebodyThatYouUsedToKnow

Thank you all for your participation! <3

List of questions below: Now with answers!

Question 1 - Find 3 mods with a number in their username.
Dragondude3 / Samt03 / Nate_17 / RiverMist20
Question 2 - Which moderator is a specialist of cosplay?
A Purple Duckie
Question 3 - Which My Little Pony character is Tuba Toothpaste's favorite?
Pinkie Pie
Question 4 - Which moderator is Edmund's number one fangirl?
Reichiru Tomoe
Question 5 - Who has the longest username in the moderators team?
Newzpop Reporta Tyro Bong
Question 6 - Find 5 mods who live in Europe.
Froggy / Empty_Memories / zieLiz / Warden Watts / gum disease / Flameinexile / AngeIsThanatos / ...
Question 7 - Which moderator is Commander of the Zurg Hive?
Lyca_Watyre
Question 8 - What is Valenas' favorite emote?
: ninja :
Question 9 - One moderator is a coldhearted one, and another comes from down-under. What type of supernatural being are they?
angels
Question 10 - Which moderator has yorkies?
Flameinexile
Question 11 - Which moderator is the author of the main Gaia Fishing reference guide since 2005?
Gaidin
Question 12 - Find two moderators who are Computer Science majors.
starzXnight / Morbid Gnome / Sakeyaki / (+ Pandilicious could also be accepted as correct)
Question 13 - Which moderator's avatar gives away their passion for snakes?
Scarbi
Question 14 - What is Riyoyo's favorite webcomic?
Homestuck
Question 15 - Which moderators (there are two of them) have the shortest usernames in the mod team?
Xya / mcm
Question 16 - Which moderator's avatar is known to always wear a Diamondback Lion Mask?
Appeal
Question 17 - Find the real mods usernames behind these 4 wanabee doppelgangers: 1) BizarreFowl - 2) DelightPink - 3) gingiva illness - 4)Vacant_Recollections.
OddBird / JoyRose / gum disease / Empty_Memories
Question 18 - What famous video game franchise was Chocobo Princess' username inspired from?
Final Fantasy
Question 19 - Which moderator's profile theme is related to the answer to question 18?
Key Somniorum
Question 20 - Last question! You know what an acrostic is? If so, you'll easily find our last mystery moderator thanks to the following phrase: "Day Lost In Night". Now see that smiling animal on their profile? Tell me what's on its head and you got the last answer to this quizz! ^^
a flower

I hope you had fun looking for answers. cat_whee
Some questions were indeed harder than others, so I'm glad we have winners in the end!
Best wishes for this new year~

User Image

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

User Image
Well hi-diddly-ho neighbor! Welcome to the official Modmas thread, and to my contest! We're gearing up and getting ready to go into December with Christmas cheer! Oh, what's that? You're asking what my contest will be for? Avatar art! You'll be drawing one (or more if you want!) of my avatars and giving them an Xmas twist!

Rules~
        • Follow the Gaia Online ToS and Rules & Guidelines!

• Please, please, please do not quote this post!
          If you wish to get my attention, it is best to use this:
          [quote="Crystal Sparda"][/quote] Your text can go here!

• If an avatar isn't wearing a festive outfit, that means you're welcome to be creative and
          either draw them in festive versions of their outfits, or draw them doing Christmas-y things
          (decorating a tree, baking cookies, opening gifts, caroling, building a snowman, etc)!
          Your art must be festive in some way, otherwise it won't count!

• Use the entry form to fill out and send to me in a private message labeled "AviArt Modmas Contest Entry".

• Contest deadline is December 23rd @ 6 PM EST (3 PM PST)!
          Winners will be announced some time on Christmas Day!

• You may draw however many avatars of mine as you want as an entry.
          The only limit is that you can only draw each avatar once.
          If you draw more than one piece of art for me, all of your pieces are counted as one entry.

Prizes~
          1st Place: A shopping spree with my Gaia Cash*! Current total: 1100 GC
          As the month goes on, this prize can increase, as I love watching video sponsor offers!

2nd Place: A Lumiere Noire (1st Gen!) + Thank You Letter for August 2009 + Noire Chevalier!

3rd Place: The Suspended Traitor + Philosopher's Cache: Ruby!

* As Gaia Cash cannot be transferred from one account to another, the grand prize winner must tell me what they want from the Cash Shop and I will gift the item(s) directly to them. Total price of items chosen must not exceed the total listed above.

These are the avatars you may choose from! Make them as festive as you want!
          User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Entry Form~
          I'm entering your contest!

[url=direct link to your image goes here]Here[/url] is my avatar art!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :bigheart:

Winners!~
          1st Place: MidnightESPRESSO with this beautiful art!
          2nd Place: nicolecole with this adorable art!
          3rd Place: II L u c k i i II with this sexy art!
          All users who entered and followed my contest rules (but didn't place) will each get an adorable item!

User ImageUser Image

Oh, what is this? I've created another contest? A dice-rolling and a random number contest? Awesome! Everyone get their dice out, this is gonna be a good one!

We'll be rolling ten 12-sided dice for this contest!

Roll a total of 10, get a Heartful Punch!
          Roll a total of 12, get a Rainbow Jubilee!
          Roll a total of 14, get a Solar Sash!
          Roll a total of 115, get a Solar Sash!
          Roll a total of 118, get a Rainbow Jubilee!
          Roll a total of 120, get a Heartful Punch!

For this contest, we'll be using the random number generator! Only one person will win this contest, so the best of luck to you all!
      Generate a random number between 1-2575.
      Whoever gets a 783 first wins a Pistolera (first gen)!

If you get one of the numbers listed above, PM me and make the subject I'm a Modmas RNG/Dice contest Winner!. In the PM, be sure to include either a link to the page your post was on, or a direct link to your winning post! Once I get a winner for the number, I'll put a strike through it. Only the first to roll the winning numbers can win!

Fashionable Hoarder

User Image

NEWS AND UPDATES: PLEASE READ!

UPDATE: January 04, 2013:
Oh no, I'm so sorry for the delay! Unfortunately I did not have internet access during the Holidays as we were visiting family, and we actually ended up getting snowed in an extra 5 days from when we were supposed to return. To top it off, we only just got back into the Gaia office for work after New Year's (on Wednesday) and I've now fallen sick with a cold/flu and have been forced to bed rest and was unable to work or even get online redface . We are however, as I type this, going over the entries right now and hope to pick a winner later tonight or tomorrow at the latest, promise!

UPDATE: DECEMBER 13, 2012:
Kenny and I will be spending the holidays with our families, which means we'll be limiting our internet use starting next week until after Christmas Day, because we would like to dedicate that time to our families and real life first. We'll still try to log in at least once a day to check on things and update any entries, but some days we may not be able to. Rest assured we will update as soon as we can! If you have any questions please continue to post them in the thread and quote us, and we'll reply as soon as possible too!

User Image

Happy Holidays!

Uncle Kenny and I have always had a lot of fun planning and organizing Modmas the past few years but this year we've stepped back and let others have the fun! However, we love Modmas and having a great time with you guys so much that we decided to go ahead and have another avatar art contest this year, so here it is!

Kenny and I both love the holidays, it's our favorite time of the year! For this contest, all you have to do is draw our avatars together, any way you like! It can be cutesy, or holiday-themed, or serious and romantic, anything goes so long as it doesn't break Gaia's rules and terms of services. If you're looking for ideas or inspiration, this year is particularly special to us because we just got engaged! Cute and romantic entries are always loved! Not good at drawing couple art? No worries, there is a separate category for solo entries too!

User Image

Our Avatars
User Image User Image User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image

Rules

• Keep it appropriate. Risque/sexy art is okay, but please don't make it overly sexual or explicit.
  • All Gaia rules apply.
  • Do NOT quote this entire post, please use the quote below.
  • Couple entries only qualify for the couple category, solo entries only qualify for the solo category.
  • Multiple entries are allowed.
  • Any and all entries are desired, you don't have to be excellent at art to participate!
  • All entries must be submitted by December 31st, 2012 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Judging and Winners will be posted January 1st, 2013.

User Image

Prizes!

Prizes for Couple Category
First - 900,000 Gold and your choice of 3 Chance Items and 3 Evolving Items or Rapid Evolving Items released this year!
Second - 650,000 Gold and your choice of 2 Chance Items and 2 Evolving Items or Rapid Evolving Items released this year!
Third - 350,000 Gold and your choice of 1 Chance Item and 1 Evolving Item or Rapid Evolving Item released this year!

Prizes for Solo Category
First - 500,000 Gaia Gold and your choice of 3 Chance Items or 3 Evolving Items or Rapid Evolving Items released this year!
Second - 250,000 Gaia Gold and your choice of 2 Chance Items or 2 Evolving Items or Rapid Evolving Items released this year!
Third - 150,00 Gaia Gold and your choice of 1 Chance Item or 1 Evolving Item or Rapid Evolving Item released this year!

Honorary Mention may also be given out for entries we loved that didn't quite make the cut!

User Image

How to Submit

Please send a PM to either Uncle Kenny or myself, tiranaki, with the title "[MODMAS] 2k12 Art Contest Entry". Include a link to your entry in the PM. Please do not PM us questions, please post them in the thread instead using the format below ->

If you have any questions, please quote me and I'll reply when I can, like so:
[quote="tiranaki"][/quote] Put your question here. Don't forget to mention that it's in relation to the avatar art contest.

Entries and Winners!

Couple
1. Mad~Madisson
2. Suiveur de Dieu
3. iiCelestial F O X

Solo:
1. Verity_Pure
2. Found Insanity
3. OpheliaUnlaced

Honorary Mentions

-FoolishBox-
akia_meyer
Amusingly
drakokatze
II L u c k i i II
FullSkull_Alchemist
exclibur731
Caspian Cobalt
lildarklili
Madeoftime
MissMissie
Mr Felix Delacroix
Nyu0u
Somnolencia
Steffanie Turquoise
Synxified
Zakiyyah Xocthitl

Congratulations! We'll be PMing the top category winners to select their EI/CI prizes. Honorary Mentions have won 1 Super Prize 2012 CI and 1 Monthly Collectible Letter for December 2012!

View all entries here: [Entries]

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas