Welcome to Gaia! ::

Valgav
Kain has the right to his belief, but more importantly, we have the ability to ignore it. Please do, rather than debate the issue with him. Kain, not to invalidate you posts, but you have said your piece, so please refrain from reiterating it in the future. This is a thread for remembering Shishio one last time, and if you are not going to do it in an noninflamatory manner, then you don't belong in here.

Thank you.

I shall back away then, respectfully. Though I do pity those who grieve, no matter who calls me cold hearted for stating that. I've had my own experiances with death; ones far more devastating, and some of my own personal encounters. I pay my respects to the man, but only as a foe.
Everyone will miss him. He was a good role model to those who knew him.

Dapper Elocutionist

Kain Odium
I shall back away then, respectfully. Though I do pity those who grieve, no matter who calls me cold hearted for stating that. I've had my own experiances with death; ones far more devastating, and some of my own personal encounters. I pay my respects to the man, but only as a foe.

The truth of the matter is that while Brian would probably say this was silly, he knew that people needed to mourn in their way, not his. And I'll be upholding that sentiment. Thank you for complying.

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Valgav
The truth of the matter is that while Brian would probably say this was silly, he knew that people needed to mourn in their way, not his. And I'll be upholding that sentiment. Thank you for complying.

I don't want to seem heartless, but religious belief makes it impossible for me to mourn his death, nor celebrate it. He's passed. We have to deal with that. And while tribute to the man is honorable, Kain said one thing that makes sense: clinging to his memory jealously is foolish. We should be sharing his memory. Let us move on, each to our own paths, using what we learned through knowing him to help and better this world of ours. We all know, that though a few of us have had our toes stepped on, or openly came against him, we all learned something through knowing him. Let's use those memories and keep them as our small tribute to both him, and the world he would have liked.

Dapper Elocutionist

Punk Fox TH

I don't want to seem heartless, but religious belief makes it impossible for me to mourn his death, nor celebrate it. He's passed. We have to deal with that. And while tribute to the man is honorable, Kain said one thing that makes sense: clinging to his memory jealously is foolish. We should be sharing his memory. Let us move on, each to our own paths, using what we learned through knowing him to help and better this world of ours. We all know, that though a few of us have had our toes stepped on, or openly came against him, we all learned something through knowing him. Let's use those memories and keep them as our small tribute to both him, and the world he would have liked.

I agree with all of that. We should move on... after we have accepted his death. So many people do not know yet. That is why this thread is here. I may have known since Monday, but some of his friends might have not heard yet. And we would like for there to be a place for those who are just learning of this, to comment.

But as it said in the first post. He is not an icon or an item. Past deaths on Gaia have been overblown and overmourned, and Brian thought those were silly. (The responses, not the deaths) And so we will not let it get that way, if that is what some fear.

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Valgav
Punk Fox TH

I agree with all of that. We should move on... after we have accepted his death. So many people do not know yet. That is why this thread is here. I may have known since Monday, but some of his friends might have not heard yet. And we would like for there to be a place for those who are just learning of this, to comment.

But as it said in the first post. He is not an icon or an item. Past deaths on Gaia have been overblown and overmourned, and Brian thought those were silly. (The responses, not the deaths) And so we will not let it get that way, if that is what some fear.

*hugs* Oh, Val . . . sad
Valgav
Punk Fox TH

I have to thank you for putting up the thread and spending so much time on this Valgav. I just found out what happened and cant believe it. he was one of the first friends i made on Gaia and he wont be forgotten.

Shishio's death is going to be hard to get over, and but getting over isnt forgetting. its just learning how to smile again. he wouldnt want to look down and see all of us upset. im still trying to get it across my head that he's gone. sad
crying Emotion cannot be put into words right now.

Dapper Elocutionist

Well, Xanilus wrote up the thread. Chauni and I made small edits. But it was a group effort. We're glad we could help you, his friends.

Quotable Autobiographer

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The world has lost a valuable person, and though I did not know him very well, I offer my regrets to his family and friends. I hope that you can continue your lives in the way he would have wanted, and I hope that everyone who reads this will take the time to think about how percious their own friends and family are.
Heres his christmas present that i made for him... just a good 'ole memory of his avatar and his french maid whee

here

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Lady_Brimstone
Heres his christmas present that i made for him... just a good 'ole memory of his avatar and his french maid whee

here

That's cute.

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Nice job LB, nice job!
Yeah nice job, he would have liked it
Im Gedachtnis des Lord Shishio ich schwoere um eine Neueperson nie wieder zu beleidigen. crying

As a side note, any time I see an avatar with a Diamond Yukata, I think it's Shishio, back again. But then I look closer and realize it isn't. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff