Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like others here, I really don't know what to say. When I was more of a regular here I always saw Lord Shishio as a great guy; he always stood out on these forums for who he was. My condolances go out to his friends and family who must be suffering through this.

The one thing that comes from my heart in this is that you will be missed. Above everything, you will be remembered and missed by those who knew you.

Vicious Warlord

good bye Lord Shishio, I havent misspelled your name ever since you went on to the next life. Pretty lame of me.

Anyway, much strength to friends and family of Brian.

PS: if anyone (maybe from the netherlands/belgium) is making a card, could you please add me to it, its rather hard to send a card from the Netherlands to the US, but I would still like to send the family my condolences.

Jo's Spouse

Assimilated Hunter

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Wow. I can't believe this. We've PMed a lot until recently. I'm really shocked.

My condolances to all that knew him, especially his friends and family.

This is... unreal
Brian, I'm too new to have ever gotten to know you personally at all well. But even in this amount of time I could see the impact you had on Gaia. Thanks for taking care of the Writers Forum for all of us.

Even those of use who hardly knew you as more than a comforting name at the top of the screen will miss you. And thanks for dropping by the Chatterbox thread that one night. I still smile when I think about the conversation that your appearance led to.

I can't believe you're gone.
It's absolutelly a tragedy; to lose someone so wonderful.

I don't want to say much, because I feel that I didn't get to know him nearly as well as I would have liked. The times that I did speak with him, however, were enough to let me know that he was a very special, kind, and caring person. He'll be deeply missed. And I'll keep his memory, his family, and his friends in my heart and thoughts. heart
My sympathies to family and friends.

I only had the pleasure of talking with him once and due to being new, I didn't know him well, but I knew him well enough to know what will be missing.
There is almost nothing I can say - be assured I am in tears. You - who I would come to when Gaia was down. "You live in the Gaia building, right? Go down the the subbasement and kick the server!" I'll never get to be an idiot with you on AIM again. I'll never see you in Cranky Writers. Gone, gone. I feel the urge to write wangst, so I'd better wrap this up.

Brian, Shishio, where-ever you are, I'll miss you. crying crying

I hope you have found your own personal brand of afterlife... this ends my Whitetext tribute to Shishio. ninja crying

Ich werde in die Tannen gehen
Dahin wo ich er zuletzt gesehen
Doch der Abend wirft ein Tuch aufs Land
und auf die Wege hinterm Waldesrand
Und der Wald er steht so schwarz und leer
Weh mir, oh weh
Und die Voegel singen nicht mehr

Ohne dich kann ich nicht sein
Ohne dich
Mit dir bin ich auch allein
Ohne dich
Ohne dich zaehl ich die Stunden ohne dich
Mit dir stehen die Sekunden
Lohnen nicht

Auf den Aesten in den Graeben
ist es nun still und ohne Leben
Und das Atmen faellt mir ach so schwer
Weh mir, oh weh
Und die Voegel singen nicht mehr

Ohne dich kann ich nicht sein
Ohne dich
Mit dir bin ich auch allein
Ohne dich
Ohne dich zaehl ich die Stunden ohne dich
Mit dir stehen die Sekunden
Lohnen nicht ohne dich

Wheezing Regular

I guess I never got a chance to tell you why I called you "Steve" did I?

I'll always remember the sadly few interactions we had, like our little cheesy RP fight in the 111, or my constant pesters over PM. I had no idea you touched so many lives but it doesn't surprise me.

Every time I pick up a Discworld book, I'm going to think of you.

So long, Brian. I hope that wherever you are, the weather's nice and anime and Discworld are plentiful.
This is for real...??? Oh my god...

I had gotten a PM from him on Sunday... You shall truely be missed, my friend.
"I hear you calling me,
I wanna wad you up into my life...
Let's lop up to make a single star in the sky
To you, oh to you..."

-- Que Sera Sera, Katamari Fortissimo Damacy

First person to make me feel welcome in the WF... cheers, Brian. You know the rest.
I never really knew Shishio outside of 111 and Cranky Writers, besides the occasional IM in which I needed a moderator and none was active. In 111, though, and the few times that he showed up in Cranky Writers, he was one of the nicest WF regulars; he didn't get terribly impatient with the n00bs. I don't think I ever, ever saw him flame. He was just kind of... well, above that, in a way.

Shishio, we will miss your voice of reason and good-natured attitude. We will miss you.
Shalom, Bryan.

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
...I haven't words...

He was always there to tell me when my sig was messed up... crying I knew I should've taken Terradi's advice and introduced myself to him.

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I wasn't close Shishio, but he was a great guy from what I've learnt to know of him.

Once again, we are being reminded how important it is to treasure people around us, because you never know what will happen.

My condolences to his family and friends. sad
Even if Shishio has left us, he will live on in our memories.
Shishio was the first person to welcome me here. I wish we could have known each other better...this has taken any coherancy out of my typing. You will be missed, Brian.

A writer forum without Lord Shishio...it just doesn't fit. cry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces