Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
I miss you, Brian. I'm still trying to disbelieve. I expect you to IM me any minute now and set up plans for the holidays. I wish I could have told you what a friend you were to me. I'm sorry.

I will finish the art I owe you. I will do my best to help finish Jaridien. I will... I will always remember you.

You meant so much to so many of us, Brian. And I know that somewhere, despite my actions, you're telling me not to cry, and that it won't change anything. I know this Brian. I know it won't change anything. But just this once. Just this once, please.

We miss you.
God damn. I didnt even know this Brian and Im crying. just reading wot all of you have writen makes me think how Id feel if I had lost a best friend suddenly. My deepest condolences. Truely.
Rest in Peace brother...
<center>Made this for you guys...

User Image

Quote:
User Image

Just remove the asterix
Quote:
<center>Made this for you guys...

User Image

Quote:
User Image

Just remove the asterix
whee
I suggest you change it to .png instead of .bmp.
Btw I am Tim and I will inform everyone on the details of the dedication when I get them. As for publishing a book of all his work it will take a bit of time and probly a lot of money but once everything is in the works I will let everyone know.
I am so shocked I didn't know this person but is very impressive that you all cared so much about him it sounds as if I would have really liked him. I have been wandering around the site and had seen many signatures about him is there anywhere I can read his work? If you already said so in a post I'm sorry I didn't have time to read them all. MAY LORD SHISHIO REST IN PEACE! crying
To everyone...happy holidays...
I haven't been around the forums in a while but I'm shocked. The Riddle Room will be quite lonely without him.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Thankyou for the information on the locked account. I had assumed but didn't want to pry.

Everyone has already commented on Shishio's (I never knew him in life, so Shishio it is) wit, and his wonderful job here as a moderator... I'm going to mention a few memories, in hopes that they heal more than they hurt. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas all.

I remember him getting modship and congratulating him on it. At the moment I really just thought of it as some extra help for the Writer's Forum in keeping everything in order. It wasn't until a lot later that I realized and began to appreciate the tremendous amount of work he had done around the other forums as well. wink It wasn't until later that I worked up the courage to start harassing him to move stuff around in Welcome to Gaia, another of my home forums.

Saturday, weekend before we lost him, I sent him the usual list of threads that needed moving around Welcome to Gaia .. then for one of the first times, I continued to pm him and chat over pm's. It's not something I like to do often .. feels like such an inconvenience but I wanted to talk to him and get to know him a bit better, I guess. I am exceedingly glad I did .. and that I spent my gold early to give him his gift. Knowing that he knew I'd sent those things and that I did value him as a friend is a precious gift, and I'm so glad to have it.

I still remember catching him on something minor. This happened exactly once.. still not sure how. I think it was who sang a song originally. I pretended to be shocked over the fact that a moderator could be wrong and he mock-threatened to edit my post so it looked like he was right all along. I know that happened somewhere in the eleventyone thread .. I'm just not motivated enough to attempt to find it ( sweatdrop I think few are ..)

Random bits .. random pieces ..

I remember randomly asking if a mod showed up as blue for a friend or in their modly color. Shishio friended me then, much to my surprise and honor. (Modship outweighs friendship in color, for the fellow curious.)

I remember catching someone complaining about Shishio disabling a signature and just completely going off on an irrational tangent. I said something short, just a few sentences saying that I'd never seen him be anything other than fair. He thanked me for that ... another letter sitting in my savebox from him. He deserved so much more than that .. but it was good to do something small in defense of such a wonderful person.

sweatdrop Seems like such trivial things .. funny how little they seem yet they mean so much.

Forgive my ramble .. it seemed like something worth saying at the time. I don't have the strongest claims to him as a friend, but I am grateful for what I did know of him.

Desirable Fatcat

"Rawrg! i didn't realize till a few days ago he had died, this was when i decided to check his journal. crying i thought he was cool and i will miss his funny comments.

i'm just wondering though, it says he was attending school in phoenix? i live in pheonix so i'm just wondering where this library is or whatever they are building. i might have to go there just because it's named for him." wink
....This is what I get for not checking WF as often as I should... to find this out NOW after it happened so long ago.... eek

I probably didn't get along well with the man, I don't get along well with most people with strong opinions, but I have to say I respected his ability to write an eloquent opinion (even if I didn't agree with it sweatdrop Sorry...) and I'm sure he'll be published. I'm sorry to say I haven't read any of his stories... if I see a book with his name as the author, I'll check it out of my library instantly.

I'll conclude by saying the gods were kind enough to take him quietly wih as little pain as possible in that situation. cry
*a tear rolls down her cheek* Lord Shishio was so nice to me.. He was my fav mod and helped me on my birthday on the third of this month... I cant believe he is gone... I didnt even know untill now when someone on a thread told me... I will remember you for the kind person you were..
Quote:
Thankyou for the information on the locked account. I had assumed but didn't want to pry.

Everyone has already commented on Shishio's (I never knew him in life, so Shishio it is) wit, and his wonderful job here as a moderator... I'm going to mention a few memories, in hopes that they heal more than they hurt. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas all.

I remember him getting modship and congratulating him on it. At the moment I really just thought of it as some extra help for the Writer's Forum in keeping everything in order. It wasn't until a lot later that I realized and began to appreciate the tremendous amount of work he had done around the other forums as well. wink It wasn't until later that I worked up the courage to start harassing him to move stuff around in Welcome to Gaia, another of my home forums.

Saturday, weekend before we lost him, I sent him the usual list of threads that needed moving around Welcome to Gaia .. then for one of the first times, I continued to pm him and chat over pm's. It's not something I like to do often .. feels like such an inconvenience but I wanted to talk to him and get to know him a bit better, I guess. I am exceedingly glad I did .. and that I spent my gold early to give him his gift. Knowing that he knew I'd sent those things and that I did value him as a friend is a precious gift, and I'm so glad to have it.

I still remember catching him on something minor. This happened exactly once.. still not sure how. I think it was who sang a song originally. I pretended to be shocked over the fact that a moderator could be wrong and he mock-threatened to edit my post so it looked like he was right all along. I know that happened somewhere in the eleventyone thread .. I'm just not motivated enough to attempt to find it ( sweatdrop I think few are ..)

Random bits .. random pieces ..

I remember randomly asking if a mod showed up as blue for a friend or in their modly color. Shishio friended me then, much to my surprise and honor. (Modship outweighs friendship in color, for the fellow curious.)

I remember catching someone complaining about Shishio disabling a signature and just completely going off on an irrational tangent. I said something short, just a few sentences saying that I'd never seen him be anything other than fair. He thanked me for that ... another letter sitting in my savebox from him. He deserved so much more than that .. but it was good to do something small in defense of such a wonderful person.

sweatdrop Seems like such trivial things .. funny how little they seem yet they mean so much.

Forgive my ramble .. it seemed like something worth saying at the time. I don't have the strongest claims to him as a friend, but I am grateful for what I did know of him.

i too knew him only on gaia
we usually remember men for their actions as opposed to their words
shishio's words were his actions
and i will remeber him well for them
I remember seeing some of his two cents in a couple of the threads here. I didn't talk to him much, but respect him greatly. Even in loss, Shishio, I thank you for being.
I only knew Brian as Trace, I only spoke with him because I had a problem accepting PM. He was almost mererally an exisentice to me, but I felt his disappearence, everyone did. Kat dosn't need as joyfull ever sense 12/13/04, may the date be always remembered in our hearts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff