Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Shishio.............................i'll miss you

For Those Who knew Him Personally.....I have a Gift for you......to honor Brian......PM me if you want one..........yes it is Free

Eloquent Elder

Hoshet. I've been hearing rumours about a mod passing on for a few days now, but nobody seemed to know who it was. I think I only met Shishio in passing in a few guilds, so I really didn't know him well. But I seem to have a lot of friends who were close to him. I'm sorry for your loss, guys. sad
Wow, this is pretty shocking. Even though I didnt know Lord Shishio (Brian)personally, I remember seeing him around, and reporting problems to him.

Its a very sad shame indeed to lose such a great Gaian, and an artist too. sad If I ever visit phoenix, I would like to visit that library.

I find it really amazing how the death of a Gaian can touch the whole community. Its quite touching..

I extend my condolances to his family, friends and fellow mods. I'm sure the times are harder than anyone can put into words.
....Not sure what to say... I didn't really know him, but I saw him around threads sometimes, respected him immensely, and...wow. Dead. Kind of funny how the death of someone you never even knew can affect you... Condolences to those who really did know him. Rest in peace, mi'lord Shishio.
Ne.... I was in the Questions and Answers forum when I found a person who posted in my thread. Something in it saying "In Memory of Lord Shishio" and I thought "Uh oh... that doesn't sound good."

So I looked him up on the member list, and read through some of his posts.

From what little information I gathered at that moment, I see that he was a kind person and that he did have a knack for writing. (As well as being very intelligent. )

And anyone that wears a Native American outfit on Gaia has to rock. xd

I'm kind of sad I never got to meet this guy myself. But at least I know he did exist. And with that library, and those works published, he will become immortal. o_o;

Aged Lunatic

In memory forever, my respects are with Brian.
I didn't know Shishio, but I'm crying now. Boy, I'm a wuss.
I didn't know shishio either, I'd heard of him for sure but I never met him on gaia or anything. well even if his death is what it took to bring you two together, then his life had meaning. that isn't near enough to describe someone after they've passed away, but I don't have a lot that I can say. (which I dislike that fact that I don't, I wish I had known him, and I'd have to say that all of you who did are probably both very lucky and I imagine your lives were made a little better because of having him in your life.)

may you be with god and the angels Brian
This song says everything i could ever want to. Its called "I grieve" by Peter Gabriel. if you can find it listen, it helps.

I Grieve
it was only one hour ago
it was all so different then
there’s nothing yet has really sunk in
looks like it always did
this flesh and bone
it’s just the way that you would tied in
now there’s no-one home

i grieve for you
you leave me
‘so hard to move on
still loving what’s gone
they say life carries on
carries on and on and on and on

the news that truly shocks is the empty empty page
while the final rattle rocks its empty empty cage
and i can’t handle this

i grieve for you
you leave me
let it out and move on
missing what’s gone
they say life carries on
they say life carries on and on and on

life carries on
in the people i meet
in everyone that’s out on the street
in all the dogs and cats
in the flies and rats
in the rot and the rust
in the ashes and the dust
life carries on and on and on and on
life carries on and on and on

it’s just the car that we ride in
a home we reside in
the face that we hide in
the way we are tied in
and life carries on and on and on and on
life carries on and on and on

did I dream this belief?
or did i believe this dream?
now i can find relief
i grieve
... I don't know what to think. It's sudden... I'm in shock.
Rest In Peace, Brian.

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
it's sad...i never really think of anyone online as being real...until i've been told they died...and it never ceases to shock me...it's like i can't get it in my head that we are all just here for a limited time, and then poof...gone...

i never met you
nor will i ever
yet i won't forget you
i'll remember forever
your memory will live
it will be held strong
your name will be said
years after you're gone

what other way is there to honor an author?

Liberal Genius

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
I didn't know him, but my deepest condolences go out to those who did. He sounds like he was a really wonderful person.
I must admit, I never knew of Lord Shishio, until I saw the banners of his untimly departure. But being the person I am, I came to read of what happened, and it brang tears to my eyes, but something more importantly, it made me write again. I have had an extreme case of writers block for over a year, and after reading the passage that Valgav wrote, just something in there, motivated me, and I wrote, I wrote only two paragraphs, but its the best damned two paragraphs I've written in a year, and it was becasue of Lord Shishio.

I thought I should post it because he seems the type of person who would have appericated that, and to Brian, I am ever thankful.

Rest in Peace, and may you sleep an enternal happiness.
M'lord Shishio, I didn't know you too well, but for the few times I ever contacted you...you really left an impression on me. You were nice, and had wonderful writing skills, beyond my comprehension. May you rest in peace..

damnit I think I'm going to cry now...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces