Welcome to Gaia! ::

lol how do you get a shy boyfriend to not be shy? wink
Well I was kind of meaning personality wise. ^^ I seem to suffer the same fate a lot of *guys* do...eternal best friend syndrome. -_-;;

I think it's because everyone always sees me as "one of the guys". ~makes a face~
AngelinRunes
Well I was kind of meaning personality wise. ^^ I seem to suffer the same fate a lot of *guys* do...eternal best friend syndrome. -_-;;

I think it's because everyone always sees me as "one of the guys". ~makes a face~

::scratches chin:: Hrrrm....

No idea. I suffer the same fate with most girls I know. If anyone ever figures it out, I'd appreciate to know how.
Dori-mingu

No idea. I suffer the same fate with most girls I know. If anyone ever figures it out, I'd appreciate to know how.

Well, I've had that happen a lot too back home...If a good guy friend likes me I tend to be oblivious but it's great when they speak up about it. OSmetimes it's hard to see them as anything beyond a friend(it'd be like kissing your brother sometimes!) but sometimes it can go a step in the right direction. I guess either way there's a fear of rejection and stuff...or if you do tell them they make fun of/ignore you. So cruel. ToT
AngelinRunes
Well, I've had that happen a lot too back home...If a good guy friend likes me I tend to be oblivious but it's great when they speak up about it. OSmetimes it's hard to see them as anything beyond a friend(it'd be like kissing your brother sometimes!) but sometimes it can go a step in the right direction. I guess either way there's a fear of rejection and stuff...or if you do tell them they make fun of/ignore you. So cruel. ToT

Yeah, I've been through the oblivious phase a few times, and even tried the steps in the right direction once or twice, but it always fell apart in the end. I'm not really good at any of that relationship stuff. ^_^;;
I think alot of times people don't feel attracted to their friends is because they know them well enough to know that they're not the type they're want to be in one with. ^_^;;

Last year my best male friend told me he liked me and asked me out, and I accepted, conveniently making myself forget all the things I'd hated watching him do with other girls. While we dated, I saw all those things manifest, but I cared too much about him to break up with him. He's the cuddly, touchy-feely type of boy. He needs constant contact, all the time, and I'd known that. Eventually, he broke up with me, because I was too apathetic and unfeeling. I "wouldn't even kiss him".

If we had just remembered that we <b>already knew</b> these things, we wouldn't have dated. Attraction isn't the only thing to think about in a relationship. n_x;

Being "one of the guys" is good. Better than "that girl I used to date"
Dori-mingu
AngelinRunes

Well, if the people you're dealing with consider you "one of the guys" then you really should be thankful. Friends that are willing to stand by you to endure the test of time are near impossible to find. If you've let someone you know aware that you're interested in them and they've treated you no differently, accept it for what it is. They don't see you that way. If they're unaware of your interest, playing dumb or just not interested is debateable, but the actions go to show, "you're just a friend," you'll have to respect that.
hello...
e-gads, i hope that you don't
date a shy guy because you
hope to make him un-shy...
you should date him to love
who he is and to cherish him @w@

(of course, that
might make him
unshy anyway...
but still! date for love!)
well in this situation i understand the problem is not knowing if the friend ALSO likes you or could do if they knew u liked them and weeeell i was in a similar position soooooo i invited female friend over to my house, watched shrek and while doing so we had many a drink. she was staying the night so i offered her my bed and myself the floor (and this is where it gets cunning),she could of said ok and thats the end of that buuut she said nooo dont b silly we're friends doesnt matter if we sleep in the bed. and so we did. and then painfully slowly move yourself so close u can make out the individual pores in her skin (while shes awake or this is just creepy) and then at a certain distance the magic should happen if she/he breaks away then u can blame it on the alcohol. however funnily enough in my situation we were one step away from the "monkey dance" but was stopped because she knew one of our mutual friends that liked me.. cry

anywho so yeah like all great mysteries of the human nature apply alcohol and bobs your uncle
...sounds like "Stock anime plotline #07b-4" eek
~chuckles at Jaden~ Mm..sounds like a plan..too bad I don't drink. XD
Hey hey, I'm back from a busy weekend.

Special thanks to VO, surprise guest poster and member of Team Gaia. Your repsonses were so on, I don't know what else to add =O

Kinda hard to get back into gear but, ganbaremasu!(I'll do my best!)...

Dear Miori,

Sluts, players...the definitions have already been well-covered. Lemme throw in some stuff that hasn't been said.

To me, a slut is a girl that gives it up to everyone not because she enjoys sex, but because she has low self-esteem and gives up when pressured into sex. She has no self-respect, and maybe does these things for attention, or for validation of her self-worth. Kind of sad.

For the girls who have lots of sex cuz THEY want it, know how to enjoy it, and pick the men they explore it with : pay no mind to all those haters, playa. There is a small contingent of men out there who can respect your "open lifestyle". You are an empowered, self-knowing - and hopefully responsible, woman.

I'm not saying all girls should or can be players... just that engaging in sex because YOU feel it, is a positive thing.

Random bonus advice for hapless guys: a REAL MAN is not a selfish lover. He's patient, and controlled. He enjoys his lady's pleasure until she peaks, and joins her simulatneously, or shortly after =) Just my opinion.

The Demon
hmm.. any advice for an overly shy girl with a who is too self-consious and who has developed automatic subconsious "get away from me/leave me alone"-waves that are extremely hard to control?

Lucky Elder

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Dear Demon,

I notice a lot of guys spit on the ground fairly often. Why do they do this?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games