Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Giftrape
One of the newer inside jokes of Gaia was giftrape. What is giftrape? Well, there are two definitions. The Urban Dictionary definition is "To give someone an unwanted and horrible gift." The other definition is what heppens when a user misspells GiftWrap. Combine the two together, and you get this thread. Many users felt it was memorable quality, but sadly, it did not make it. Don't be surprised if you see someone yelling "I'VE BEEN GIFTRAPED!" somewhere... Even a guild for giftrape victims sprouted.

So you can update, it is now in the memorable threads: http://gambino.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=781930

Oh yes, and I was lucky #2 to post on that thread. XD
My fondest memories:

The first thread I ever started was the SWAT bar.....a hangout in the commerce I started for a guild I wasn't even a part of yet. Only had 82 pages.....nothing I've ever started in the commerce has ever been that succesful sweatdrop

When I was a n00b, and was still very new at trading I almost scammed 58mm....(I'm now a very accomplished member of the Blacklist and GEPD)

And recently miyuki stickied my Official Superbowl 38 thread.....the second sticky in the sports forum and the only thread I ever created that was ever stickied.......

My life would be very interesting without gaia.....Happy Birthday Gaia!
Another memory in gaia, hopefully someone will remember, TEH HIPPO.

Some gaians created a thread that I believe started out about who's been banned lately...it ended with side-splitting laughter as teh hippo and 1rteht3h7337 or whatever his name was born....

(note: if a mod or anyone else has a link to that thread, it needs to be put in the memorable threads forum!)

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Rubs hands together*
I suppose I'll post here too. Let me see..
Originally, I'd heard /of/ Gaia from several people I know on Furcadia, but didn't really think too much of it. I dislike the art form that is anime and manga (Although, I am warming up to it of late..), and I figured Gaia was some sort of Anime fan website.
Well, around November, I finally caved to Alania's constant asking me to join, and made an account on this. At first, it was to join my former roleplay guild's sub-guild on this forum, but I found myself spending more and more time on Gaia.
I have screen-shots of my original avatar, made possible by nice donations from others (I never had to go through the whole flame clothing thing.)
User Image User Image

Now that I know that Gaia's much more than an anime website, I often wish I'd have joined sooner to experience the things posted on this thread. I did, however, get to experience the whole Christmas fiasco, as well as several donation releases and the newest item update.
I hope the next coming year will make up for the time I missed on Gaia.
User Image

Edit: Oh yes, and who could ever forget giftrape? xd
February 2004:

we found a new subforum!
--name will remain secret--
Queen Zenobia
February 2004:

we found a new subforum!

Indeed we shall call it Area -Signal Blocked you heard nothing-
Thozmosis
Queen Zenobia
February 2004:

we found a new subforum!

xd
Queen Zenobia
Thozmosis
Queen Zenobia
February 2004:

we found a new subforum!

xd

xd Indeed.
November was a particularly amazing month for me!

Toward the end of November, after reading yet another poor soul's tale of being ripped off for a Donation letter, I thought to myself, there must be something that could be done to make it not possible to scam for a letter!! This is the way Gaia receives funds and if it becomes a trap for people wanting to donate..... what might become of Gaia????

So I thought and thought and thought.... and...... Eurika!! I've got it!!!

Then I went and tracked down a thread where VO had posted and pm'd him with a suggestion to have letters available from the very first day of each month - just unable to be opened until the time the items were released. 3nodding

They liked my idea and presto we started in December and from that month until now the pratice is still being used - and I rarely ever see anyone complaining about being scammed over letters any more!!!

Hurray!!! for shutting down scammers!!!!

Now every time I see a letter... I feel pleased to have been a small part of the growing up of Gaia heart

VO's December 1, 2003 announcement outlined the details!
August was special for me and my daughter beautiful_melinda...

We joined Gaia in August - on the same day of course!

A year ago, my mother died unexpectedly, this caused us to have to move quickly from Texas to Alabama due to my dad's poor health.

I attend a university that is over an hour away from where we are living (to be closer to my dad) and this was creating difficulty for my daughter who was stuck at home (she was already out of high school) in a new place, no friends yet and no way to do much.... while I was at school.

She has a website Beautiful Anime Angels and her counter stats said a guest had come to her site from something called "go-gaia.com"????

She tracked back to the site and was delighted to find so many nice people! Long story short she joined and I joined and now we can easily communicate no matter where I am or she is.... plus we've both made many new and wonderful friends from all over the planet!!!

Thanks Gaia, you filled a real need in our family and have become a part of our extended family... you guys are here for fun I know, but you often provide much more.... thanks again and Happy Birthday - many happy returns of the occasion! ~ We love you! heart ~
I'd like to put a memory out to some of the wonderful people out there called artists ^-^~ FaeKats braught me into the fold of Gaia during December and now I am not only one of the main colourists of the FaeKats but I have made friends and met new people and even cried for them (1000 Cranes for Cigarette) I had been going through a hard time in my life and in Gaia I was able to talk to people and get advice and give advice which made me work out what was going on in the real world. I just wanted to say thanks to eveyone out there for such a wonderful place where people from so many different backgrounds can meet and talk and argue about their differances ^-^~

-Cyrwrynn

Delicious Glitch

30,300 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Cookie Collector 400
Reading through the time line, I really wish I'd been around from the beginning. This day would be so very special if I had, because to be apart of something like Gaia which has obviously grown beyond everyone’s expectations would be such an honour. But I am glad that in the end I'm here (although a late joiner.) And even though my life has ceased to exist now, and I have yet to really feel apart of the community I look forward to being able to celebrate Gaia's 2nd anniversary, with the experience of being there at the 1st. I've made some really good friends on here and I feel as though I've come along way from when I joined -wondering what this strange link someone had posted was all about, to my infinitely faster typing and a better respect for other people. Happy birthday Gaia, and thanks for the fun times I've already had, and for the many fun times yet to come.
edit: and after 3 hours: deleted...

--The new area 64 family has been born!
I remember the Mass Banning of September 4th. Hundreds, maybe thousands of accounts were forever locked, for being mule or ghost accounts, or for running bots to increase gold count.

I do miss alot of those friends who never returned and constantly remember them when I see a pair of headphones.
Oh yeah, I remember when i first joined in september, i was a week before i re-logged into gaia because i didnt get the post-reply stuff (I'm still learning english) and i remember my first clothing was a gift from a girl, it was some flame pants (yeah, still have'em), a nice white shirt, and 500g "For a trading pass and some extra), but i never spend a bit til i got enough for my white tux (which i still adore) it was such a nice experience. I told almost all my friends abotu the site, and most of them still are around her xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff