Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, it has been quite a fun little ride, but it's sadly time to say goodbye to the old girl.

Ever since the early days of April '04, the FAAFN has provided many with what they were looking for on Gaia, and I'm not just talking about avatar art either.

People have found friends, people to love, people to help through real life crisis', people to help them through their own crisis'. People have seen many people to influence how they think and feel, and have met kind people to help them enjoy their time on Gaia. But most of all, just about everyone here has found a place to belong to. Not just a thread on an internet message board, but a group of people that fit together like cogs in a machine.

This thread holds a fair amount of sentimental value to everyone too. I know that for me, while it wasn't the first thread that I hung around on, it was definantly what I would consider a Home on Gaia. Unless I was busy in real life, each day I would always come to the FAAFN first, before I did anything else online. The people are something special, and all the fun times that I had will always be fun, no matter how long ago they happened.

But, as they say, out with the old, and in with the new. While it is sad to see the old girl retiring, it's not so bad. I was able to wrangle a Moderator into moving it to the Memorable Threads forum, and with the new, and hopefully improved FAAFN up, we should be able to continue the fun!

So....To you FAAFN, I have but one more thing to say...

User Image
Farewell FAAFN.
It has been fun and
frivolous, and really
freaky, sometimes even
f***ed up at times.
But rest in peace old one...

Cheers,
King Nebuchadnezzar.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
crying th e thread that started so many crying

O.G. Hunter

6,475 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Well I must be going. So I'll start my last post.

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

O.G. Hunter

6,475 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I've been here for mone then a year and even thoght I havn't realy goting much art I've had a great time. All the fun people I meet. All the nakey days. Well thats all I have. Not one for talking.

*Leaves plate of cookies*

Fury

Xilo Pryce's Wife

Dangerous Lover

10,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Guess we're leaving.
King Nebuchadnezzar
Well, it has been quite a fun little ride, but it's sadly time to say goodbye to the old girl.

Ever since the early days of April '04, the FAAFN has provided many with what they were looking for on Gaia, and I'm not just talking about avatar art either.

People have found friends, people to love, people to help through real life crisis', people to help them through their own crisis'. People have seen many people to influence how they think and feel, and have met kind people to help them enjoy their time on Gaia. But most of all, just about everyone here has found a place to belong to. Not just a thread on an internet message board, but a group of people that fit together like cogs in a machine.

This thread holds a fair amount of sentimental value to everyone too. I know that for me, while it wasn't the first thread that I hung around on, it was definantly what I would consider a Home on Gaia. Unless I was busy in real life, each day I would always come to the FAAFN first, before I did anything else online. The people are something special, and all the fun times that I had will always be fun, no matter how long ago they happened.

But, as they say, out with the old, and in with the new. While it is sad to see the old girl retiring, it's not so bad. I was able to wrangle a Moderator into moving it to the Memorable Threads forum, and with the new, and hopefully improved FAAFN up, we should be able to continue the fun!

So....To you FAAFN, I have but one more thing to say...

User Image
Farewell FAAFN.
It has been fun and
frivolous, and really
freaky, sometimes even
f***ed up at times.
But rest in peace old one...

Cheers,
King Nebuchadnezzar.

You always *were* long-winded whee

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
I came to Gaia by the suggestion of a friend for an rp. I did not join that rp but i found myself a home still, here in the FAAFN. I found this place on Febuary 24, on page 9865. Ava was the first to speak to me and told me to read the first page. My first post involved me giving another newbie some help.

I have been here on my good days and on my bad. This place has always brightened me up. I have been here since my begining and now this ending. I have seen many people come and go but they will never be forgotten. The greatness that has coem from the FAAFN shall never be forgotten.

I love everybody and this thread and i can't wait to make as many..no wait MORE new friends and memories in the next version.

Fare thee well old girl, ye shall be missed but never forgotten.

heart Midoriwa
I've only been coming here for three days now, but it's the first thread Where I've ever felt, well, at home. Thanks to jewel, puddin, dragon, mido, and everyone else who was nice to me. Long Live Nakey day. mrgreen
ShadoKiller
King Nebuchadnezzar
(Insert farewell post here)

You always *were* long-winded whee
I would reply...But I don't want to make any more work for Lizzy... xd

...Dammit... sweatdrop

But yes....Yes I was blaugh

*pokes*

I guess that I should verify that any non-goodbye post after that long one by me might be deleted.....Prolly...I was pretty tired when Lizbot came on last night... xd
Ravens last post: I love this thread beyond all reason and I hope we will remeber to look back on it, to look back at the old days with Spazz and the others and when we each met one another and even these more current days and I hope that this thread will always be with us! It has brought me awesome friends! It was my first "home" on gaia and I shall never forget the good times we had here what with pants stealing, cracker/ water fights, meeting my glomping buddy and just growing on gaia here! good bye thread! I love ya! heart
Well, since everybody else seems to be doing it, I'll do it too 3nodding

I been here since page 400 an' somethin'...Even though I left in the middle 'cause I was haxx0rd sweatdrop I came back, and now I have to leave again.

Always in my memories...The holes, the Wars, the Beadbombs...The dying xp

My first and *only* thread that I can and could ever call my own...Not that I made it, I just live here blaugh

G'bai
~Shado

Xilo Pryce's Wife

Dangerous Lover

10,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I have been coming to the FAAFN since my first day on gaia. This has become my home. It's been over a year now, and while I'm sad to see this thread retired, I'm also excited about the prospects of starting an all new thread.

It makes me so happy to know this thread won't just fade away, but will live in the memories section of Gaia forever.

To all who see this post, remember to come to FAAFN 2 available here.
If you are familiar with the old FAAFN, it would still do you a great deal of good to read the new rules. heart

Love, Riona
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas