Welcome to Gaia! ::

<CENTER>User Image</CENTER>

FREE AVATAR ART FOR NEWBIES is a thread dedicated to welcoming newbies to Gaia and helping them get into the flow of things. Newbies are welcome to hang out here regularly. We will answer all your questions and reward polite newbies with free avatar art and the random item or bit of gold.

<center>User Image</center>

Avatar art can be very expensive. People make thousands off selling their art to those willing to pay the price, and many Gaians are. As a reward for newbies who know how to handle themselves on Gaia and contribute to the betterment of the site, artists from all over have volunteered to give free art to newbies--art that would usually cost hundreds of gold that newbies simply do not have.

<CENTER>User Image</CEnter>

I'll keep the rules simple. Please follow all the rules and play nice.

1 You MUST be a n00b. I'm leaving the definition of "newbie" up to the individual artists. wink

2 You MUST NOT PM an artist unless they say it's okay. wink

3 Become a regular. If you post on page 1450 and an artist gets on at page 1672, s/he's not gonna browse through past pages looking for newbies. You're best bet is to visit often so artists have more of a chance to see you. wink

4 No cybering and no sexually explicit material or RPing. This is a PG-13 Forum. wink

5 Follow all of Gaia's Rules and Guidelines. Click on the link and read them if you are not familiar with them. If you see anyone who is in violation of Gaia's rules, please PM either the person, or me, so that we can get the situation fixed and prevent further harm to the thread, others, and the offenders. wink

6 No spamming, no posts that stretch the page, and no excessive quoting, please. wink

Articubone Clears Things Up

Alright, I'd like to take advantage of this being the second post by telling all those newbies who didn't read/understand the first post:

The point of this thread is to talk. Not bump, not spam, not come in, say "Draw me" then leave immediately, but TALK. If an artist thinks you're worthy (ie, you've returned to this post over a few days, you try to use proper spelling, you've made friends with all the regulars) THEN we may decide to give you an artwork. In fact, there are so few newbies around, if you stay for a week and have DECENT UNDERSTANDABLE conversations, it's ALMOST a guarantee that you'll get artwork.

Get it? 3nodding
Wow. That's very nice of you.
<center>Contest Info</Center>

If anyone would like to host a contest off this thread, PM me and we'll talk about it. wink

Shadowy Gaian

Note: Please don't PM me. I do not have the time to do free avatar art anymore. gonk If you would like a portrait now, I'd like atleast 100g. sweatdrop It just takes too much time for me, to do it for free.

If you want to be an artist, PM me with the following info:

Name, What you draw, How often you will draw, PM-able--yes or no, and if you want your name to link to a sample of your art, the URL of that sample. All artist descriptions will follow that format.

aitaijini461 -- Does avatar portraits and chibis. Art will be rare or random. Do not PM.

Ak` -- Does abstract avatar headshots and busts. Art will be whenever she feels like it. You may PM.

Alex Denton1 -- Does avatar edits with weapons/other avatars. Art will be weekly. You may PM.

alestrial -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Alizatina -- Does signature pics and avatar portraits and chibis. Signature art will be often; avatar portrait and chibi art will be random. You may PM.

Articubone -- Does lineart. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Atlimar Zero -- Does avatar/weapon edits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

avatarcentral -- Does signature pics. Art will be often. Do not PM.

carebear51 -- Does b/w avatar chibis. Art will be whenever she feels like it. Do not PM.

Centaura Eblan -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. You may PM.

ChocolateStrawberry -- Does avatar portraits and chibis (specialty- female. Materials- Pencil, sometimes color pencil or marker). Will draw whenever she has the time. You may PM.

Copelin Armayas -- Does avatar/fireworks edits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Deijii -- Does avatar busts in colored pencil or CG; may do occasional full portrait). Art will be whenever he feels like it. Do not PM.

Diamond_Wales -- Does avatar edits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Dyamond Jewel -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Fraildamore -- Does avatar edits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Gh()st -- Does avatar portraits. The first few people to PM will get art, but after that, art will be random. You may PM.

gubins -- Does portraits. Art will be rare. Do not PM.

HypnoticSheep -- Does avatar/pet and avatar/weapon signature pics. Art will be random. You may PM.

Irial -- Does avatar edits and random art. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Jenikyula -- Does avatar chibi and full body portraits. Art will be a few times a week. You may PM.

Kalide -- Does avatar sketches in chibi- and full-form. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Kamibashi -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be daily. You may PM.

King Nebuchadnezzar -- Does lineart. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Kiosukette -- Does black and white avatar portraits. Art will be rare. Do not PM.

Kuyri -- Does sketched headshots and busts and avatar edits. Art will be on a regular basis. You may PM.

Le Aura -- Does avatar portraits and avatar edits. Art will be random. You may PM.

LenaMaxwell -- Does signature pics. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Lilismiles -- Does avatar head portraits. Art will be 3-5 a week. You may PM.

Los Angeles -- Does portraits, pencil sketches, and some CG. Art will be rare. Do not PM.

LunaBee -- Does Oekaki. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Majorkami -- Does avatar/anime edits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Masquanade -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM. Click on his name to visit his shop.

Miali -- Does avatar edits and photoshop portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

MWashu -- Does pencil sketches. Art will be rare. Do not PM.

Ndoki -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Neo-Zander211248 -- Does black and white avatar portraits. Art will be 3-4 pieces a week. You may PM.

Papillion du Nocturne -- Does lineart and PSP portraits. Art will be random. You may PM for lineart but PSP is strictly random.

_Reimori_ -- Does avatar sketches (sometimes colored) and avatar Oekaki portraits. Art will be whenever she has time/paper. You may PM.

snow monkey -- Does CG, avatar portraits and requests. Art will be not too often. You may PM.

Soranoko -- Does portraits. Art will be whenever she feels like it. Do not PM.

stormavencore -- Does does avatar lineart, watercolors, CG and charcole portraits and original characters. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Supahken -- Does avatar sketches. Art will be random. Do not PM. (You may MSN.)

Syric -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. You may PM. (Will work for hire.)

Tagt -- Does Oekaki and sketches. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Tetrarch -- Does portrait. Art will be rare. Do not PM.

The Swordmaker -- Does avatar/sword edits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

thugsrus0790 -- Does signature pics. Art will be whenever he's on. You may PM.

TiltedHaloPs44 -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be whenever her list is not full. You may PM.

xXxWillowxXx -- Does signature pictures. Art will be weekly. You may PM.

xesacra -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

YKN -- Does avatar portraits. Art will be random. Do not PM.

Yun -- Does male avatar portraits. Art will be whenever she feels like it. Do not PM.

If you would like to volunteer your services for free giveaways, a Q&F official, a thread greeter, or any other service that would provide good, quality assistance to the thread and new newbies, please PM me with a description of the service you would like to employ and I will respond.

Gil-Galad_Master -- He will answer questions about Gaia. PM your questions to him. He will be randomly giving out gold whenever he gets it and feels like it. Do not PM him about gold.

HolyDragoon -- He will answer questions about Gaia. PM your questions to him. He will greet new people to the thread. Please respect him and the rules.

King Nebuchadnezzar -- He will answer questions about Gaia. PM your questions to him.

Lovableteekerz -- He will answer questions about Gaia. PM your questions to him. He will be randomly giving out gold whenever he feels like it. Do not PM about gold.

Tealia -- She will answer questions about Gaia. PM your questions to her. She will be randomly giving out gold and items. Do not PM about gold and items.

If any volunteers want info on them changed, feel free to PM me.
This makes me wish I were a n00b...

Shadowy Gaian

MWashu
eek Oh really!? That would be awsome!!! blaugh

Sure. ^^ I need to practice my CGing skills. whee
<center>Wanna support this thread and free n00b art?</Center>

Then put this banner in your signature. (PM me or check out a FAQ if you don't know how to edit your signature.)

The picture looks like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To put it in your signature, just copy and paste this code:
[url=http://tinyurl.com/38xak][img]http://tinyurl.com/3gm6q[/IMG][/url]

Thanks a bunch for your support, everybody! And to all you n00bs: Keep posting and get Free Art! biggrin

<CENTER>Freebies</CENTER>

littleBIG
Free ballons for n00bs.Actually,the first one's of my former long-haired self sweatdrop
User Image

Thank you, littleBIG! blaugh

Shadowy Gaian

I'll lurk/bump here for now. whee
Do you have samples of your work? 3nodding

1 Creation of the Pimp Daddy Zero Fan Club!
2 HolyDragoon was the first poster on page 100 and won 1000 g!
3 Treighlynn was the first newbie to be deemed The Worthy One, and received her free art!
4 Articubone did lineart for TinkerbellGoneBad!
5 SakuSatinam got an avatar edit!
6 Suzumi Aogiri was the first poster on page 200 and won 2000 g!
7 Tei was the first poster on page 300 and won 3000 g!
8 Tei was the first poster on page 400 and won 4000 g!
9 Atlimar Zero did an avatar edit for Tei!
10 Tetrarch was the first poster on page 500 and won 5000 g!
11 Atlimar Zero did an avatar edit for Bacardii!
12 Tetrarch finished a drawing.
13 Irial did an avatar edit for Lord Brendon.
14 Irial did an avatar edit for Tei.
15 Irial did an avatar edit for Shadolite.
16 Irial did an avatar edit for ShadoKiller.
17 Irial did an avatar edit for BlackDraagon.
18 Irial did an avatar edit for dragon_orc.
19 Irial did an avatar edit for King Nebuchadnezzer.
20 Irial did an avatar edit for Vanslaz.
21 Irial did an avatar edit for Lawenia.
22 Irial did an avatar edit for Rionastar.
23 Irial did an avatar edit for CloudLionhart.
24 Irial did an avatar edit for Tyega Valen.
25 Irial did an avatar edit for Nyfera Mersena.
26 Irial did an avatar edit for Lenna Velmeria.
27 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Shadolite.
28 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Nyo23.
29 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for DjRainbowBrite.
30 HypnoticSheep did an avatar/pet edit for Fae08.
31 Irial did an avatar edit for Centaura Eblan.
32 Irial did an avatar edit for Dark_Drew.
33 Irial did an avatar edit for HolyDragoon.
34 Irial did an avatar edit for Goddess Autumn.
35 Irial did an avatar edit for Jeanemon.
36 Irial did an avatar edit for KyElf.
37 Irial did an avatar edit for The Swordmaker.
38 Irial did an avatar edit for Pong Chikako.
39 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Centaura Eblan.
40 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Tei.
41 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Lawenia.
42 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Rionastar.
43 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Jeanmon (Twice!)
44 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Fae28.
45 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Saku.
46 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait for Xilo.
47 King Nebuchadnezzar did an avatar portrait of himself and Centaura Eblan.
48 Irial did an avatar edit for avatarcentral.
49 Irial did an avatar edit for Centaura Eblan.
50 Irial did an avatar edit for Jeanemon.
51 Irial did an avatar edit for Tei.
52 Irial did an avatar edit for Clair_Sommaa.
53 Irial did an avatar edit for HitokiriAdam.
54 Irial did an avatar edit for HolyDragoon. (Twice!)
55 Irial did an avatar edit for Jace Scott.
56 Irial did an avatar edit for BlackDraagon.
57 Irial did an avatar edit for Thugsrus0790.
58 Irial did an avatar edit for Irial. (That's himself, BTW. wink )
59 Irial did an avatar edit for Pong Chikako.
60 Irial did an avatar edit for Black_Halo2.

Shadowy Gaian

Oo, I see. ^^

This is my favorite piece, made it from scratch. I draw everything with my mouse. ^_^ http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6396175/

Anyone who is not a n00b but wants art anyway and wouldn't mind supporting the artists who are very generously giving their time and skill to a Worthy Cause, I doubt the artists would mind if you PMed them with an offer in gold for some nice art. ^_^

Also, if anyone out there would like to offer up their skills for the sake of the Worthy Cause, then feel free to PM me with your offer, and I will add you to my list of artists (or benefactors, like Lovableteekerz). Any and all participation would be greatly appreciated by all of us here at "Free Art For N00BS" and all the Worthy N00bs out there! blaugh

<B>All new updates are in bold.</B>
If you know of something good to come from this thread and it has not been added to the list already, PM me so I can get it up there!

Update:

I have started re-doing the layout, so please bare with the changes until they are all done. And remember! If anyone has any ideas to make this thread more user friendly, PM me your thoughts. School's out in a week, so I'll probably get around to updating the layout, etc by then if I havn't yet.

Shadowy Gaian

^^ Yep. XD I draw for all my friends. For free, of course. 3nodding

Because I'm not that good. sweatdrop
<CENTER><B>Blacklist</B></CENTER>

Well, guys, I didn't want to, but it seems that we need one. If you break the rules and I find out about it, *thwap* up your name goes on the Blacklist. And if your name's on the Blacklist, you cannot get gold, items, or art from the artist and you are declared ineligible for any contests. In other words, If your name's up here, we don't like you no more! Go away!

1. TheShadowstorm
Under Construction.......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas