• Noble Shade 100
I also nominate this thread.

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
[NPC] Carl
PersonaQueen
Good afternoon/morning/evening. I am posting this to point out that many can feel insulted by "Carl" the deer NPC. My RL Fiance is named Carl, and he and I both feel as if he makes fun of men.

My Fiance has been through a lot. We would appreciate it if you either got rid of "Carl" completely(preferred) or at least renamed him.

Thank you.

(Carl glares at you with uncomprehending menace and utters a gruff bugle)

I literally LMAO in real life at this! I love ya, Carl! Best thread ever because of your response!

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Chase October
Ganon Firenight
Okay does Gaia still archive hilarious goddamn threads? So that future generations can come laugh at them, like they did with the How Do I Get Giftrape thread?

I'd like to nominate this.

They archive s**t like this? Oh Jesus, where eek
You can count my nomination for this too xD I still don't fully understand what just happened

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/memorable-threads/f.20/
I wish the OP would explain what she meant by her claim that Carl makes fun of men.
Maybe then my first reaction to this thread wouldn't be to laugh my a** off! xd

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hunter 50
Sakura Parfait
Chase October
Ganon Firenight
Okay does Gaia still archive hilarious goddamn threads? So that future generations can come laugh at them, like they did with the How Do I Get Giftrape thread?

I'd like to nominate this.

They archive s**t like this? Oh Jesus, where eek
You can count my nomination for this too xD I still don't fully understand what just happened

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/memorable-threads/f.20/

I spent 5 seconds looking and found it, but thanks xD

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I am going to post here not to troll the woman who suggested this, but to say merely this:

I HATE CARL.

He tops my hated NPC list here on Gaia under -shudder- Diedrich the fraking grunny with his dumb knowledge. Carl is the elk equivalent of a mad psycho who just got out of the asylum and is thirsty for blood.

Sure he is an elk, but that MAKES HIM EVEN DUMBER. Who the hell CARES about an elk that cannot talk and all he ever does is look at you like he is going to kill you even though you did NOTHING WRONG.

I would like to see Carl get run over by a semi truck carrying explosives so that I MAY NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN.

You can just take him out of Junk in the Trunk and replace him with Ol' Pete who would make a BETTER FIT in that store than a fraking elk!

What is it with Gaia and their damned animal NPCs anyway? Rufus is awesome, but these others... SERIOUSLY!

Rant done.

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hunter 50
Celeste Starfyre
I am going to post here not to troll the woman who suggested this, but to say merely this:

I HATE CARL.

He tops my hated NPC list here on Gaia under -shudder- Diedrich the fraking grunny with his dumb knowledge. Carl is the elk equivalent of a mad psycho who just got out of the asylum and is thirsty for blood.

Sure he is an elk, but that MAKES HIM EVEN DUMBER. Who the hell CARES about an elk that cannot talk and all he ever does is look at you like he is going to kill you even though you did NOTHING WRONG.

I would like to see Carl get run over by a semi truck carrying explosives so that I MAY NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN.

You can just take him out of Junk in the Trunk and replace him with Ol' Pete who would make a BETTER FIT in that store than a fraking elk!

What is it with Gaia and their damned animal NPCs anyway? Rufus is awesome, but these others... SERIOUSLY!

Diedrich is an animal?
Rant done.

6,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
TS Sailor Cronus
Okay, I'm just throwing this out there--

Maybe the OP is trying to make a point about Derpy Hooves from MLP? And is protesting the name change? Although it's an awfully roundabout way to protest...

It's the only thing I can think of. A person or character's name simply should not be taken offensively. Unless such offense is deliberate-- like if someone named a character "N----rface" or something.

Carl Winslow from Family Matters: Not a stereotype, but has strengths and weaknesses, and is an awesome character. Doesn't create male sexism that way.

I met Carl Winslow from Family Matters!!! ABC Family is having a new Christmas movie with him in it. I got to be an extra and talk to him. mrgreen

6,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Woah, this thread has roughly 1/3 as many dislikes as my exchange thread lol Go thread go!

In a relationship with PoshuI

[NPC] Carl's response: Epic.

Angelic Nitemare

This is hilarious. rofl

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
-stares and facepalms-

Wintry Dragon

In any case, thank you OP and room mate. Your thread had the unexpected effect of making people smile this day. I think you could see that as a good thing.

Hi to all the Carl's in the world.
Existential Existence

Dear Carl,

There needs to be a Carl Jr.
I see what you did there.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I love Carl he's one of my favorite NPC's. And I don't see how he's offensive to anyone.

OP: Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean that they're trolls. Maybe if you were to explain why you think Carl is offensive to people, we would take you more seriously. From your one and only post it just says you have a fiance who happens to have been thru some stuff and his name is Carl. So the NPC is offensive because his name is also Carl and he's an Elk. Honestly that's just stupid.

And if you want to close the thread PM a mod and ask them to close it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff