Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Fox

[NPC] Carl
PersonaQueen
Good afternoon/morning/evening. I am posting this to point out that many can feel insulted by "Carl" the deer NPC. My RL Fiance is named Carl, and he and I both feel as if he makes fun of men.

My Fiance has been through a lot. We would appreciate it if you either got rid of "Carl" completely(preferred) or at least renamed him.

Thank you.

(Carl glares at you with uncomprehending menace and utters a gruff bugle)

Carl I love you!

Peaceful Demon

I don't really understand how Carl is insulting... He's just an animal.

/inches away from Carl
I mean... A captivating specimen that epitomizes all admirable and desirable traits that are possible for a member of the male species to possess.

Your fiance should be proud to share a name with him.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
[NPC] Carl
PersonaQueen
Good afternoon/morning/evening. I am posting this to point out that many can feel insulted by "Carl" the deer NPC. My RL Fiance is named Carl, and he and I both feel as if he makes fun of men.

My Fiance has been through a lot. We would appreciate it if you either got rid of "Carl" completely(preferred) or at least renamed him.

Thank you.

Oh my God, this is perfection.

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
Anne Packrat
Really? I can't tell if you're serious or not, but just in case...

He's a rabid elk, and makes fun of no one but other elks. If you so want to protect the name Carl then you have bigger fish to fry than a crazy deer on a random website:

-There's Carl "CJ" Johnson, one of the stars of the Grand Theft Auto games. He regularly steals cars, runs drugs, kills people and uses prostitutes.

-Also there's Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He's protrayed as a fat, lowlife idiot who can't hold a job, and spends all his money on prostitutes and strip clubs.

-Carl Frederickson, the old man from Pixar's Up. He's a grumpy, anti-social old man who runs everyone off his property.

Fix the negative portrayals those guys are giving "Carl" before worrying about our dear antlered shopkeeper.
and lets not forget that llama named Carl who likes to kill people

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Anne Packrat
Virgo Whiskers
Pilotslover
I am hoping this is a troll ..

Sadly, I don't think it is. There's nothing in the post history to indicate trollishness.. and usually there is. But there's always a chance that she's just found a love for trolling.

OP, if your serious.. I just have to say that may be the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard. My name is Wendy.. I don't get insulted that Wendy from Peter Pan is bossy, or anything else that another Wendy may have going on. They aren't directly related to me in any way. [NPC] Carl is not made as a persona of your fiance. If you guys are seriously offended by it, you both are way too sensitive.

Actually in your case, I think the name Wendy originally came from Peter Pan so you are related in a way. xp

@OP: Almost every character in anime I've found named Anne is either dead, a villian or been kidnapped maidens. This doesn't offend me, and no I don't fault those series for portraying people with my name as evil kidnapped corpses.

Yeah, it did come from Peter Pan, so perhaps there is the smallest correlation. But I'm still not insulted by it ^_^

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
My shadow cast before me,
I walk inside your circle.

Tell YOUR Carl to STFU and when he gets tons of Pokemon Jokes aimed at him he can b***h >.<

Protect me, correct me.
You got your orders, soldier.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Are you also offended by cats, dogs, birds, chickens, ducks, fish, turkeys, possums, racoons, monkeys, giraffes, lions, cheetahs, bears, pandas, polar bears, jaguars or other any other animals that are named "Carl"? That's the only way I'm gonna call this a legit complaint.

Feral Friend

Virgo Whiskers
[NPC] Carl
PersonaQueen

Thank you.

You have no idea how much I laughed at this. I'm seriously STILL laughing.

Lmaooo Omg I'm not the only one.

Tory Salazar's Partner

Anxious Prophet

[NPC] Carl
lmao I love you.

Feral Friend

Prism Moon
I don't really understand how Carl is insulting... He's just an animal.

/inches away from Carl
I mean... A captivating specimen that epitomizes all admirable and desirable traits that are possible for a member of the male species to possess.

Your fiance should be proud to share a name with him.

Lmaooooo.

Conservative Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
[NPC] Carl
PersonaQueen

Thank you.

-GLOMPS THE CARL- AHH SO CUTEE!

Feral Friend

This has to be the best thread ever because Carl responded. Lmao.

Feline Paladin

Okay, I'm just throwing this out there--

Maybe the OP is trying to make a point about Derpy Hooves from MLP? And is protesting the name change? Although it's an awfully roundabout way to protest...

It's the only thing I can think of. A person or character's name simply should not be taken offensively. Unless such offense is deliberate-- like if someone named a character "N----rface" or something.

Carl Winslow from Family Matters: Not a stereotype, but has strengths and weaknesses, and is an awesome character. Doesn't create male sexism that way.

Feline Paladin

As for the "no trolling history" there could be the possibility of a computer being usurped or account being hacked... just saying. :/

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I'm sorry, but your fiance is not a unique special snowflake and he is not the only one in the world with the name Carl.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff