Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
Good afternoon/morning/evening. I am posting this to point out that many can feel insulted by "Carl" the deer NPC. My RL Fiance is named Carl, and he and I both feel as if he makes fun of men.

My Fiance has been through a lot. We would appreciate it if you either got rid of "Carl" completely(preferred) or at least renamed him.

Thank you

To those reading this for the first time or to those who have been trolling this thread. I am Persona Queen's roommate. We've both had enough of people trolling her and insulting her when she has only expressed a matter of the heart. She by no means was trying to be rude, so the rudeness given to her was highly disrespectful of the public.
Anyways, this thread is closed. Let it die. It will not be viewed by myself or Persona Queen anymore, so there is no point in insulting her any farther for standing up for her loved one. I hope you all feel satisfied for saying and doing something incredibly stupid. You think she's the troll? Who has been spamming this thread with all the insults? You guys. You guys are the true trolls. Go spam each other if you really want a fight.

Have a good day, heartless trolls of Gaia.

Friendly Conventioneer

20,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
*BIG GUSTY SIGH*

Really?

Please don't tell me that you're serious? :l

How can Carl insult MEN if he's an Elk?

Lonely Phantom

Are you kidding me? emotion_facepalm

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I am hoping this is a troll ..

Tory Salazar's Partner

Anxious Prophet

Please tell me that you're joking...please be joking...

The elk may have the same name as your fiance, but that shouldn't offend people.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
You have the same name as a JRPG franchise I like. I'm offended. Can you please change your name?

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Oh my god. lol You MUST be kidding.
PersonaQueen
Good afternoon/morning/evening. I am posting this to point out that many can feel insulted by "Carl" the deer NPC. My RL Fiance is named Carl, and he and I both feel as if he makes fun of men.

My Fiance has been through a lot. We would appreciate it if you either got rid of "Carl" completely(preferred) or at least renamed him.

Thank you.

(Carl glares at you with uncomprehending menace and utters a gruff bugle)

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Really? I can't tell if you're serious or not, but just in case...

He's a rabid elk, and makes fun of no one but other elks. If you so want to protect the name Carl then you have bigger fish to fry than a crazy deer on a random website:

-There's Carl "CJ" Johnson, one of the stars of the Grand Theft Auto games. He regularly steals cars, runs drugs, kills people and uses prostitutes.

-Also there's Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He's protrayed as a fat, lowlife idiot who can't hold a job, and spends all his money on prostitutes and strip clubs.

-Carl Frederickson, the old man from Pixar's Up. He's a grumpy, anti-social old man who runs everyone off his property.

Fix the negative portrayals those guys are giving "Carl" before worrying about our dear antlered shopkeeper.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Pilotslover

Sadly, I don't think it is. There's nothing in the post history to indicate trollishness.. and usually there is. But there's always a chance that she's just found a love for trolling.

OP, if your serious.. I just have to say that may be the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard. My name is Wendy.. I don't get insulted that Wendy from Peter Pan is bossy, or anything else that another Wendy may have going on. They aren't directly related to me in any way. [NPC] Carl is not made as a persona of your fiance. If you guys are seriously offended by it, you both are way too sensitive.

Helpful Gaian

User Image

So we should rename Carl as what? John? But then wouldn't he be insulting every single John in the world? And for that matter every single man!

Seriously, if your significant other is insulted by a cartoon Elk then he really needs to buck his ideas up.

There are a lot of awful people out there with the name Carl, does your Fiancée feel insulted by all of them too?

If that's the case I'm offended by the NPC Nicolae because he's male and my name is very similar to mine. I don't approve of how he dresses (or the fact that he's a man) while using a version of my real name. Take it away Gaia you monsters!

User Image

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Virgo Whiskers
Pilotslover

Sadly, I don't think it is. There's nothing in the post history to indicate trollishness.. and usually there is. But there's always a chance that she's just found a love for trolling.

OP, if your serious.. I just have to say that may be the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard. My name is Wendy.. I don't get insulted that Wendy from Peter Pan is bossy, or anything else that another Wendy may have going on. They aren't directly related to me in any way. [NPC] Carl is not made as a persona of your fiance. If you guys are seriously offended by it, you both are way too sensitive.

It's a sad day then when a person can be offended by a pixel elk!

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
You are kidding right? He’s a deer that just happens to share your name, he’s not insulting anyone. If your fiancee is that offended by a simple pixel deer
then he’s definetely too sensitive. As Anne Packrat pointed out there are more insulting people (and cartoons ) that share your fiancees name you should worry about.

Gaia Is not going to remove Carl just because your fiancee shares it name and he’s done nothing offensive to warrant a removal.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
[NPC] Carl
PersonaQueen

Thank you.

(Carl glares at you with uncomprehending menace and utters a gruff bugle)

You have no idea how much I laughed at this. I'm seriously STILL laughing.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Virgo Whiskers
Pilotslover

Actually in your case, I think the name Wendy originally came from Peter Pan so you are related in a way. xp

@OP: Almost every character in anime I've found named Anne is either dead, a villian or been kidnapped maidens. This doesn't offend me, and no I don't fault those series for portraying people with my name as evil kidnapped corpses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff