Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

because i'm dumb surprised
Today; happy Mardi Gras. ;P

And look it up; but the main gist is, it's a big party day; more or less meant to be the last hurrah before the Lenten season (at least for the Catholic folks).

Phantom

Sea-Salt Ice Cream

And look it up; but the main gist is, it's a big party day; more or less meant to be the last hurrah before the Lenten season (at least for the Catholic folks).
ohdamn

Savage Hunter

It means Fat Tuesday and it's basically a big fete in countries that have (or had) heavy Roman Catholic influence.
We have it in our country but we call it Carnival Monday and Tuesday.
There are celebrations on the Monday but they are small in comparison to the big parade celebration on the Tuesday.
After the celebrations, the Roman Catholic church begins the Lenten period starting with Ash Wednesday and ending after about 40 days of fasting on Easter Sunday.

Savage Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
So it's today? February 21?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Wrath418

Yes, but it varies each year, like sometimes its in march. I don't get it either. It's always on a Tuesday though.

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
Questing Cupcake Confection. Help appreciated <3
I love mari gras in australia. Its where all of the LGBT community and the whole of NSW stops for a night and aknowledges them. It's a tribute to the LGBT community~

User Image
46k/105k

Shirtless Man-Lover

7,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The date of Mardi Gras corresponds with when Easster will be. Early Mardi Gras means an early Easter.

4,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Questionable Borg

Sea-Salt Ice Cream

Lent is celebrated by mostly everyone, Catholics just go "more-out"

Questionable Borg

Adolph Rayner
It means Fat Tuesday and it's basically a big fete in countries that have (or had) heavy Roman Catholic influence.
There are celebrations on the Monday but they are small in comparison to the big parade celebration on the Tuesday.
After the celebrations, the Roman Catholic church begins the Lenten period starting with Ash Wednesday and ending after about 40 days of fasting on Easter Sunday.
It's exactly 40 days smile

Questionable Borg

albonatious
Wrath418

Yes, but it varies each year, like sometimes its in march. I don't get it either. It's always on a Tuesday though.
It all has to do with when Easter falls, because from Ash Wednesday to Easter is 40 days.

Savage Hunter

Mayor Gravity
Adolph Rayner
It's exactly 40 days smile
I know.
I just put 'about' for no reason.
I was raised a Catholic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items