Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shounen

I forgot what it's called. But it was yummy. @A@
The colors on the cake are supposed to resemble different things..
Like, faith.. And two other things. I can't really remember. DX
Does anyone know the name for it? >w<

Lonely Genius

8,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Izakiko

Psh. We made crepes in my class in seventh grade. With chocolate and strawberries. We made fondue too. blaugh

Shounen

Ronin-Tono

emotion_donotwant
WELL. We're making chocolate eclairs at the end of the year. ;D
MMMMM. emotion_drool

Lonely Genius

8,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You're jealous, aren't you?

Rainbow Werewolf

8,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
We did nothing D8< Fawk, I forgot today even was Mardi Gras. WHATS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN?!?

oh, right....

It's full of ******** ;D
Ronin-Tono
Izakiko

Psh. We made crepes in my class in seventh grade. With chocolate and strawberries. We made fondue too. blaugh

ooo so did my french class, it was so yummy
but nothing compares to actual crepes from paris emotion_c8

Aged Gaian

the cake is called King Cake.

Shounen

Prescription Joker

Ah, right! They also put little figurines in the cake, and whoever gets the slice with the little figurine in it gets to boss everyone around for a day, right? o u o
And what are the three things the colors represent on the cake? o:

Aged Gaian

Izakiko
Prescription Joker

Ah, right! They also put little figurines in the cake, and whoever gets the slice with the little figurine in it gets to boss everyone around for a day, right? o u o
And what are the three things the colors represent on the cake? o:

No, whoever finds the baby has to buy and bring the cake next year.

Gulf Coast king cake

In the southern United States, the tradition was brought to the area by colonists from France and Spain and it is associated with Carnival (also known as Mardi Gras), which is celebrated in the Gulf Coast region, originated in Mobile, AL, but ranging from the Florida Panhandle to East Texas. King cake parties in New Orleans are documented back to the eighteenth century.
The king cake of the Mobile Mardi Gras tradition comes in a number of styles. The most simple, said to be the most traditional, is a ring of twisted bread similar to that used in brioche topped with icing or sugar, usually colored purple, green, and gold (the traditional Mardi Gras colors) with food coloring. Mobile king cakes are traditionally deep-fat-fried as a doughnut would be, and there are many variants, some in more recent years featuring a filling - the most common being cream cheese, praline, cinnamon, or strawberry. A so-called "Zulu King Cake" has chocolate icing with a coconut filing, because the Krewe of Zulu parade's most celebrated throw is a coconut. Also, some bakers have now taken the liberty to offer king cakes for other holidays that immediately surround Mardi Gras season, such as green and red-icing king cakes for Christmas, red and pink-icing cakes for Valentine's Day, and green and white-icing cakes for St. Patrick's Day. Others have gone a step further and produce specialty king cakes from the beginning of football season for Louisiana State University and New Orleans Saints tailgate parties, then for Halloween, then Thanksgiving - and do not cease until after Mardi Gras season with an Easter holiday king cake.
It has become customary in the Southern culture that whoever finds the trinket must provide the next king cake or host the next Mardi Gras party.

Aged Gaian

Also the colors...Rex, the King of Carnival, selected the Mardi Gras colors and assigned meaning to them in 1892. Purple stands for justice, green for faith, and gold for power.

Aged Gaian

traditions vary parish by parish too, but those are general meanings and standings. =shrug=

Headstrong Wyvern

14,525 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Married 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
KING CAKE BITCHES! > : D

We had two this year >///<
OMG!! My French class had a Mardi Gras party! Everyone brought in food. It was sooooo good. smile
Russian Vodka Winter
KING CAKE BITCHES! > : D

We had two this year >///<

My French class had three king cakes this year smile

Frozen Waffles

31,675 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Lol, all I'm gonna do for mardi gras is watch the princess and the frog smile

Quick Reply

Submit