Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Roisterer

It's Lent now. Stop partying.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

No.

wink

...no straight thing was ever made."

Obsessive Kitten

They turned the hose on everyone days ago. Tourists went home, us natives can still second-line if we wanna.

Dedicated Roisterer

Bleeding Art
They turned the hose on everyone days ago. Tourists went home, us natives can still second-line if we wanna.

Um, native? You look more Fat City Jefferson Parish, son.

I'm playing.

Where Y'at?

Nova Asteria's Husbando

Omnipresent Star

so is valentines, but...

Obsessive Kitten

Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art

I'm playing.

Where Y'at?

You'd be a little right there, I used to roll in Jefferson Parish for a while. Katrina blew me up to Baton Rouge, the city that thinks it's as good as New Orleans. Miss N'awlins every day, especially this time of year. No fun when you gotta drive 70+ both ways for parades. That and the food, you couldn't get decent anything up here if you tried. You want beignets you gotta drive an hour. You want good seafood and a decent mufaletta, same thing.

Dedicated Roisterer

Bleeding Art
Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art

I'm playing.

Where Y'at?

You'd be a little right there, I used to roll in Jefferson Parish for a while. Katrina blew me up to Baton Rouge, the city that thinks it's as good as New Orleans. Miss N'awlins every day, especially this time of year. No fun when you gotta drive 70+ both ways for parades. That and the food, you couldn't get decent anything up here if you tried. You want beignets you gotta drive an hour. You want good seafood and a decent mufaletta, same thing.

Right. And Less shootings. Last time I remember someone getting shot on Bourbon, it was the hell days after the storm. I was living in Algiers, then.

Because the 17th Street Canal is literally in my backyard.

We rebuilt, though, and we're fine now. Still the same land, new house. Lakeview area, all that jazz. I'm blessed to live by the Cemetery District border-lining Mid-City--- fun to sneak in after dark, admire the old tombs.

Obsessive Kitten

Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art
Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art

I'm playing.

Where Y'at?

Right. And Less shootings. Last time I remember someone getting shot on Bourbon, it was the hell days after the storm. I was living in Algiers, then.

We rebuilt, though, and we're fine now. Still the same land, new house. Lakeview area, all that jazz. I'm blessed to live by the Cemetery District border-lining Mid-City--- fun to sneak in after dark, admire the old tombs.

You have my envy. Closest I ever got was a funeral in a security-encrusted family tomb somewhere in Metairie that looked more like a storage facility than a place of rest.

My Godmother lived in Chalmette before Katrina, all she could salvage was her mother's China. Actually had a house come off its foundation and float down the street. We were lucky, just 2 inches but a tree busted the roof wide open and we got looted by, of all people, the guys the landlord hired to clean the place up. But then again we weren't anywhere near the Levy or any body of water that coulda spilled over. My mom actually worked for The Times Picayune before then but lost her job because we had nowhere to stay.

Dedicated Roisterer

Bleeding Art
Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art
Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art

I'm playing.

Where Y'at?

You have my envy. Closest I ever got was a funeral in a security-encrusted family tomb somewhere in Metairie that looked more like a storage facility than a place of rest.

My Godmother lived in Chalmette before Katrina, all she could salvage was her mother's China. Actually had a house come off its foundation and float down the street. We were lucky, just 2 inches but a tree busted the roof wide open and we got looted by, of all people, the guys the landlord hired to clean the place up. But then again we weren't anywhere near the Levy or any body of water that coulda spilled over. My mom actually worked for The Times Picayune before then but lost her job because we had nowhere to stay.

Damn, I'm sorry...

My family had business in restaurants, so we struggled but got through....
My aunt owned one or two, my dad bartended at several places and later at my aunt's, and my mom's a long standing manager at Hard Rock.

Obsessive Kitten

Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art
Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art
Wolfsbane Alpha
Bleeding Art

I'm playing.

Where Y'at?

Damn, I'm sorry...

My family had business in restaurants, so we struggled but got through....
My aunt owned one or two, my dad bartended at several places and later at my aunt's, and my mom's a long standing manager at Hard Rock.

I think everyone's got a bad story from Katrina and Rita. But that's good that you were able to get through thanks to the restaurants. I'm thankful I had family in BR that helped us out until we could get on our feet. Only thing I hated was when they forced us back into school, I was in high school then, there was a big 504/225 war with students like it was a gang turf war. Stupid stupid.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Marshy SOA rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 2, 2, 3, 2 Total: 11 (5-20)

Friends went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and it was the craziest thing ever. There was a shooting, and people getting drugged, wow was it crazy, and yes its over now.

Fashionable Member

7,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items