Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bleeding Art
Euphoric King
Mayor Gravity
Euphoric King
Mayor Gravity
Well, every state has some amount of poverty.

Think about looking for a Mcdonalds job and needing a degree. That kinda poverty.
I'm fully aware of what poverty is.

And needing a degree to work at a fast food chain isn't poverty.

I am sure you know what poverty is, but I'm just exaggerating to prove a point. I hate this place. Getting a job at all is quite a b***h.

I live in Louisiana and you're full of it if you're actually serious about needing a degree to work in a fast food joint. I live a small 10 minute walk away from a fast food joint that's constantly hiring because people are getting fired or quitting and these people couldn't have two braincells to rub together for warmth if they tried.

All I can say is if you hate this state so much, find the means to get out. I mean hell I live across the street from a drug dealer, I've had shootouts in front of my house, and have the goddamn Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office on speed dial but I still manage to like this state enough. Fact of the matter is, this s**t is EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. You will not live in one corner of this earth that doesn't have something you'll hate and complain about so don't limit it all to Louisiana like we're the most retarded state this country's ever spat out.

EDIT: And this is coming from someone who's lived in Louisiana since infancy. I've seen the nastier sides of this state from New Orleans, across the river, to all the way up north. Yes there is a lot this state needs to work on but we're not the only ones in the world who have these problems, and that's what's ticking me off. Not that you're saying we have them because we do, especially places like Baton Rouge where almost every day a life is taken, but because you want to sit there and pin it ONLY on Louisiana. Facts are facts but don't tunnel vision them.
I'm in BR. it's the only place I think i can stand in La. But parts of it are so damn violent. -.-
I want out. So I can't blame you for wanting the same.

Obsessive Kitten

ILYnaut
Bleeding Art
Euphoric King
Mayor Gravity
Euphoric King
Mayor Gravity
Well, every state has some amount of poverty.

Think about looking for a Mcdonalds job and needing a degree. That kinda poverty.
I'm fully aware of what poverty is.

And needing a degree to work at a fast food chain isn't poverty.

I am sure you know what poverty is, but I'm just exaggerating to prove a point. I hate this place. Getting a job at all is quite a b***h.

I live in Louisiana and you're full of it if you're actually serious about needing a degree to work in a fast food joint. I live a small 10 minute walk away from a fast food joint that's constantly hiring because people are getting fired or quitting and these people couldn't have two braincells to rub together for warmth if they tried.

All I can say is if you hate this state so much, find the means to get out. I mean hell I live across the street from a drug dealer, I've had shootouts in front of my house, and have the goddamn Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office on speed dial but I still manage to like this state enough. Fact of the matter is, this s**t is EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. You will not live in one corner of this earth that doesn't have something you'll hate and complain about so don't limit it all to Louisiana like we're the most retarded state this country's ever spat out.

EDIT: And this is coming from someone who's lived in Louisiana since infancy. I've seen the nastier sides of this state from New Orleans, across the river, to all the way up north. Yes there is a lot this state needs to work on but we're not the only ones in the world who have these problems, and that's what's ticking me off. Not that you're saying we have them because we do, especially places like Baton Rouge where almost every day a life is taken, but because you want to sit there and pin it ONLY on Louisiana. Facts are facts but don't tunnel vision them.
I'm in BR. it's the only place I think i can stand in La. But parts of it are so damn violent. -.-
I want out. So I can't blame you for wanting the same.

No you see that was half my point. I know all the bad things that go on in this state and I don't want to leave. The only place I'd leave is BR and that's because I don't like a lot of things that I liked where I lived before Katrina. But I love too much about this state to ever want to leave despite the flaws in many places.

You can hate certain aspects of where you live without trashing it, that's why I got mad. I may be stupid for having a sense of pride for this state but I do, doesn't mean I'm blind about everything, y'know?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff