Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I went once like 2 years ago, when Galveston was really starting to bounce back from all of the hurricanes. I don't get the allure of it all. I mean, most of the women that were there and flashing for beads were traaaaaashy. I love boobs. I love them, I love them, I love them. But not saggy boobs. Or boobs with acne. Or fake boobs. Or boobs on someone who looks like they do too much coke.

It was expensive too! I think that was the last year where it was free to go to it. Last year, I remember they charged. I was supposed to go with a ton of my friends. But I live like an hour and a half or so from where it takes place. I used to live like 35 minutes away. But they called me at the very last minute, like 20 minutes before they were going to go. And like 10 minutes before the parade had ended. By the time they got there, the parade was over. They had to wait in line for 30 minutes to get in. Then an hour later the police started to clear the streets because it was over. They had an awful night.

This year, a few of my more distant friends have still been intent on going. But I still don't get the allure of it.

Whenever I went, we were there for about 2 hours, the parade had ended. But the crewes were still tossing beeds and people who lived there were tossing beads out of their windows. Or people in the motels there were tossing beads out of the windows. But there were like 5 fights. The place was trashed. There were some assholes throwing rocks at windows because they were mad that someone ran out of beads or didn't throw any to them.

Food was expensive, beer was expensive, water was expensive.

I was also sober though. So that might be why I didn't like it. Apparently there is a saying that mardi gras is a drunk man's festival. At least my grandpa said that while we were at lunch last week. It actually seems true. Everyone I was with was drunk and they left me to be DD, as always. But I was cool with that because I was like 18 and really didn't want to risk getting arrested.

I think I'll try and hit Bourbon street next year, when I'm 21.

Shameless Elder

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Even though I've been living in Houston all my life, I have never gone to mardi gras. I think it's because not really interested, and my friends really aren't interested, but oh well.

6,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't get why you would suffer through all that and still go and suffer through it again. Come on it's a ridiculous a$$ festival and I think they are celebrating it is because they are retarded.....If you like boobs so much grow your own because it's much cheaper and easier....

Fluffy Girl

maybe you should go to the family oriented ones at the seawall next time. they're free, dont gotta wait in a line just park n pick a spot to stand and girls arent flashing for beads. plus they have the carnival at the seawall this year. my sister said they'd be there all february i hope that's true

unless you just wanna get drunk next time and let loose haha then idk i've never been to the parades at the strand

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Shakespeares_Sister
Even though I've been living in Houston all my life, I have never gone to mardi gras. I think it's because not really interested, and my friends really aren't interested, but oh well.

Yeah, after last year, 99% of my friends have lost interest. But it's all hear abut on Facebook, haha.

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
LaDy_LuCkE
I don't get why you would suffer through all that and still go and suffer through it again. Come on it's a ridiculous a$$ festival and I think they are celebrating it is because they are retarded.....If you like boobs so much grow your own because it's much cheaper and easier....

Well, all of the people I know are chicks, who are going out and flashing their tits for beads. I would just ninja beads or get the ones that got dropped and no one realized it, hahaha.

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
fIorence
maybe you should go to the family oriented ones at the seawall next time. they're free, dont gotta wait in a line just park n pick a spot to stand and girls arent flashing for beads. plus they have the carnival at the seawall this year. my sister said they'd be there all february i hope that's true

unless you just wanna get drunk next time and let loose haha then idk i've never been to the parades at the strand

Yeah, the ones on the Seawall seem like they're a lot more on my level. As much as I love being drunk, I don't love being drunk surrounded by assholes and ugly chicks putting their super sized boobs in my face. xD

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

I had no idea Galveston did their own festivities, though I really should have. o 3o We always go to the ones in Port Arthur, the parade is free to attend, I think even the carnival had free admission. (though I'm not sure about it, we just go for a parade. xD )

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Esdella Vie
I had no idea Galveston did their own festivities, though I really should have. o 3o We always go to the ones in Port Arthur, the parade is free to attend, I think even the carnival had free admission. (though I'm not sure about it, we just go for a parade. xD )

I believe the reason they started to charge was because Galveston was dead broke after being hit by Ike. I'm assuming you know the area to some extent, but I drove to Galveston a couple of months after that, and it was still a mess in some of the poorer areas, and it was dead compared to every other time I had been there. I think they realized that they didn't have the money to put all of the cops on overtime and get a massive clean up crew, haha.

But there are like 2 different parades and carnivals. The ones during the day are very child friendly and free. The ones at night are all about getting drunk and naked. Yeah. I got danced on by a naked guy...as a human being and a lesbian, I was grossed out, haha, he was not a good looking guy, and lacking in the lower regions. XD

Maybe I've just had a bad experience, but it was trashy and not fun. I would rather go to the ones during the day, but I have stuff to do during the day, and I don't want to drive an hour and a half there. XD

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

warpedmind41
Esdella Vie

I believe the reason they started to charge was because Galveston was dead broke after being hit by Ike. I'm assuming you know the area to some extent, but I drove to Galveston a couple of months after that, and it was still a mess in some of the poorer areas, and it was dead compared to every other time I had been there. I think they realized that they didn't have the money to put all of the cops on overtime and get a massive clean up crew, haha.

But there are like 2 different parades and carnivals. The ones during the day are very child friendly and free. The ones at night are all about getting drunk and naked. Yeah. I got danced on by a naked guy...as a human being and a lesbian, I was grossed out, haha, he was not a good looking guy, and lacking in the lower regions. XD

Maybe I've just had a bad experience, but it was trashy and not fun. I would rather go to the ones during the day, but I have stuff to do during the day, and I don't want to drive an hour and a half there. XD

Ah, that would make sense. We passed through there in December of that year, and yes, it was horrible.

rofl Whoo, that is awkward! I'm sorry. That's something I never thought about before, honestly. The day parades being more child friendly, I mean. We usually go to the one in the day and it's great, but this year we went to one at night. It was the first time we heard anyone ask to see boobies, and oh yeah, they were drunk. XD (My sister lifted her top, but she was wearing an undershirt. The cries of disappointment were hilarious. x3 )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff