Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kurai Tensei's Husband

Salty Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
A friend and I were discussing the other night how feminists have ruined the men of our generation. We agreed that while women have risen up and changed their views, mentality, and their desirable roles in our culture (moving away from the home and being more prominent in the workplace), that men haven't really followed suit so much on the paradigm. We've found that it's given a lot of guys an excuse to be lazy, underachievers, wanting to sit around and play video games and coast along in life riding on their girlfriends/wives' incomes.

Questionable Borg

Akina
A friend and I were discussing the other night how feminists have ruined the men of our generation. We agreed that while women have risen up and changed their views, mentality, and their desirable roles in our culture (moving away from the home and being more prominent in the workplace), that men haven't really followed suit so much on the paradigm. We've found that it's given a lot of guys an excuse to be lazy, underachievers, wanting to sit around and play video games and coast along in life riding on their girlfriends/wives' incomes.
I think that's true in every generation.

Dangerous Visionary

Akina

The problem is while women are allowed to break traditional gender roles men aren't. We had this dicussion in a lot of my Early Childcare classes how we don't see a lot of men in that field because society thinks it wrong for men to care for small children and there's little to no help for single dads in non-metro cities. So yeah let's not blame women but society as a whole for this. Without the feminists of yesterday please believe you wouldn't have the right to express yourself as such or much else. Feminism isn't a dirty game.
I think it's interesting that bras were once considered to be rather freeing. Not sure if they factored into feminism much, but it beat the pants off wearing corsets.

Dangerous Visionary

Idia
I think it's interesting that bras were once considered to be rather freeing. Not sure if they factored into feminism much, but it beat the pants off wearing corsets.

Indeed. Though I opt out those for camisoles.. even better really.
Miss-dark8607
Idia

We are comfortable with what we are comfortable with. Once I decided to actually spend money on a bra everything got better.
But sweating ruins everything anyway.

Dangerous Visionary

Idia
Miss-dark8607
Idia

We are comfortable with what we are comfortable with. Once I decided to actually spend money on a bra everything got better.
But sweating ruins everything anyway.

Too true. Like how my cousin pretty much stopped shaving and waxing so much. She happy and is pretty much saving buttloads of money. I'm not that bold yet.

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Miss-dark8607
Idia

Must be nice getting away with no bra. I'd have a wiggly jiggly mess on my hands if i didn't wear mine, lol

Kurai Tensei's Husband

Salty Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Miss-dark8607
Akina

The problem is while women are allowed to break traditional gender roles men aren't. We had this dicussion in a lot of my Early Childcare classes how we don't see a lot of men in that field because society thinks it wrong for men to care for small children and there's little to no help for single dads in non-metro cities. So yeah let's not blame women but society as a whole for this. Without the feminists of yesterday please believe you wouldn't have the right to express yourself as such or much else. Feminism isn't a dirty game.

I'm all for the gals that allowed us the right to vote, work outside the home, and be seen as individuals that can contribute to society. I'm saying that the feminists of our generation have taken things beyond what our predecessors had intended, and the ideals have become warped and twisted. Women are not entitled to special rights any more than men are, and yet we are. You stated yourself some of the privileges women have over men. In addition, the court is heavily biased towards women in custody battles. I'm not blaming women, or I'd be blaming myself. I am saying that the current feminist movement is an issue. Feminists do not have to be women, there are male feminists.

The answer is not to downplay the role of a man and put women on a pedestal. By doing that you are keeping the same gender inequality issue, but simply reversing which gender is seen as prominent. If men believe their role is less valuable to society than their female counterparts, what would motivate them to work hard or believe they can achieve anything great? This is the issue my friend and I were discussing. We are tired of seeing men our age being unmotivated.

Angelic Blob

With elections this year... I think women should really start speaking up about what is happening with these politicians.

Dangerous Visionary

Akina

I'm all for the gals that allowed us the right to vote, work outside the home, and be seen as individuals that can contribute to society. I'm saying that the feminists of our generation have taken things beyond what our predecessors had intended, and the ideals have become warped and twisted. Women are not entitled to special rights any more than men are, and yet we are. You stated yourself some of the privileges women have over men. In addition, the court is heavily biased towards women in custody battles. I'm not blaming women, or I'd be blaming myself. I am saying that the current feminist movement is an issue. Feminists do not have to be women, there are male feminists.

The answer is not to downplay the role of a man and put women on a pedestal. By doing that you are keeping the same gender inequality issue, but simply reversing which gender is seen as prominent. If men believe their role is less valuable to society than their female counterparts, what would motivate them to work hard or believe they can achieve anything great? This is the issue my friend and I were discussing. We are tired of seeing men our age being unmotivated.

BINGO! Some of them are becoming like our oppressors of yesteryear and all the in-fighting isn't helping either. To be a feminist you must be for equality for ALL. You must value person-hood. I'm all for a man's right to opt-out of care-care IF they sign some sort of prenuptial beforehand. (We would still have loopholes but hey if women have the right to carry to term or not MOST of the time) Then men should have the right to have to fund said kids when they really, really, really didn't want to have them and told the woman BEFORE HAND their feelings. Now if they are just sexing it up all over the place that's their bad. Sex has to be mature than it is now and people need to use common sense and more importantly BIRTH/STD CONTROL! I know now that isn't possible for all but hopefully someday it will.

And I totally agree how SOME women are acting way too macho and hating on "girly girls" and even "gay men" because femininity is for the weak. And then if you break it down to race OMG. emotion_facepalm I mean yes white women, Black women, Latina women, Middle Eastern Women, and of course Asian women will have a different variety of issues but the main issue is that all of us collective is undervalued in some way but if we keep dividing ourselves because we don't link up 100% well we are just shooting ourselves in the foot. Sure we may not all be able to wear the same shoes or even afford shoes but it all about being on an equal playing field or at the very least as equal as we all seem fit.

Dangerous Visionary

Yuekazehime
Miss-dark8607
Idia

Must be nice getting away with no bra. I'd have a wiggly jiggly mess on my hands if i didn't wear mine, lol

Yeah I wish bigger girls could have same support with just wearing camisoles or just something better than a bra. I don't think bras are very comfy no matter how many times they try to re-invent them. To me they do feel like corsets.

Kurai Tensei's Husband

Salty Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Miss-dark8607

Um, I'm not sure where some of those issues you just stated come in to play with what I was discussing, but at least we both agree there needs to be a stop on segregation of race, gender, etc and demanding to be treated specially over others, or otherwise inequality will continue to be an issue. Like I've mentioned to friends before, I couldn't care if your natural skin color is purple, you're not better or less of a human than anyone else.

Dangerous Visionary

Akina
Miss-dark8607

Um, I'm not sure where some of those issues you just stated come in to play with what I was discussing, but at least we both agree there needs to be a stop on segregation of race, gender, etc and demanding to be treated specially over others, or otherwise inequality will continue to be an issue. Like I've mentioned to friends before, I couldn't care if your natural skin color is purple, you're not better or less of a human than anyone else.

Yeah we agree. sweatdrop Sorry your comment just opened the flood gates and I just recently had a discussion with another member about something very similar. So yeah. redface I'm passionate about equality for all people while respecting our differences.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff