Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who else celebrates Ostara? :3 *dances*
How would you even go about celebrating it? Never done it and never known anyone that celebrates it, so I have no idea.
No. There's nothing about it to celebrate over, IMO.
Amporan
How would you even go about celebrating it? Never done it and never known anyone that celebrates it, so I have no idea.

Well you don't have to physically celebrate. But I always like to recognize the symbolism. I love Greek mythology, and I resonate well with Persephone. So, as the myth goes, she is to spend six months of the year on Earth with her mother, and six months with her husband, Hades, in the underworld. (Interesting story, if you get the chance, look it up!)

This is just me though. The question is really, what are your beliefs? :3
Everlasting Radiance

:3 I respect it. I like to think of it as the beginning of light coming back. Imbolc/Imblog/Candalmass are sort of the time between Yule and Ostara to remind you the light is returning.

But as I said, not every one sees in my eyes! <3 I hope you enjoy the month!
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance

:3 I respect it. I like to think of it as the beginning of light coming back. Imbolc/Imblog/Candalmass are sort of the time between Yule and Ostara to remind you the light is returning.

Well you see, I really dislike Spring, and we didn't even really have a winter where I live this year, so the Spring equinox is something I could do without coming this year.
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance

Well you see, I really dislike Spring, and we didn't even really have a winter where I live this year, so the Spring equinox is something I could do without coming this year.

I understand what you mean. It's been unseasonably warm here. So I suppose I will just be happy to still be alive. This winter may not have frozen my family but plenty of bad news, I so just have a different outlook on things. :3 What season do you like, if not spring?
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance

I understand what you mean. It's been unseasonably warm here. So I suppose I will just be happy to still be alive. This winter may not have frozen my family but plenty of bad news, I so just have a different outlook on things. :3 What season do you like, if not spring?

I'm happy to be alive, of course, but I also need to have Winter.

Winter is my favorite season, by the way.
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag

Ah! So you prefer to colder weather and the snow? I acted like a little kid when we got a dusting because we had had nothing at all.
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag

Ah! So you prefer to colder weather and the snow? I acted like a little kid when we got a dusting because we had had nothing at all.

Yes, I like it cold and I like snow/ice. But that never happens where I live. Usually it's pretty nice in the 50s and 60s. This winter 90% of it was in the 50s/60s and now we're in the 80s. gonk

How am I supposed to celebrate Spring when it's already too hot before it even comes, you know?
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag

Yes, I like it cold and I like snow/ice. But that never happens where I live. Usually it's pretty nice in the 50s and 60s. This winter 90% of it was in the 50s/60s and now we're in the 80s. gonk

How am I supposed to celebrate Spring when it's already too hot before it even comes, you know?

I understand what you mean! I live on the east cost, and last year we had a huge snow storm, and this year a dusting! Where about do you live, if you don't mind my asking?
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag
Everlasting Radiance
sexy_stag

I understand what you mean! I live on the east cost, and last year we had a huge snow storm, and this year a dusting! Where about do you live, if you don't mind my asking?

Oklahoma.

And it's funny because the last two winters were extraordinary in both the amounts of snow that fell and the low temperatures we reached. We had our first blizzard warning in recorded history that first winter, and broke the total record snowfall for one season. The second winter we had another blizzard and then we broke that new total record snowfall for one season (something around 30 inches)! The second winter we got 30 degrees below!

This winter all we had was two inches total, and the lowest temperature we reached was like 20.
Everlasting Radiance

Oklahoma.

And it's funny because the last two winters were extraordinary in both the amounts of snow that fell and the low temperatures we reached. We had our first blizzard warning in recorded history that first winter, and broke the total record snowfall for one season. The second winter we had another blizzard and then we broke that new total record snowfall for one season (something around 30 inches)! The second winter we got 30 degrees below!

This winter all we had was two inches total, and the lowest temperature we reached was like 20.

D: You live near my sister. (By near, I mean same state >< wink

We managed to hit about the mid teens, but that was a one time thing. The wind has been nasty and made it feel colder than it really is.

Yeah, 2010, we were breaking records all over the place. It was snowing EVERYWHERE!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff