Welcome to Gaia! ::

(Please Tell me i'm not the only jew on gaia....)

Happy Purim!!! ^.^

Dapper Fatcat

I was wondering whose Holiday that was...

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Happy Purim! Would you like to tell Gaia what this holiday commemorates?
Ratttking

Oh XD it's a long story. Basically:

There was this king Achhashvaros, who sent his queen away and then held a contest for the new queen. Ester, a jewish girl, won, but did not tell the king her religion. The king's advisor, Haman, hated the jews (mostly because Ester's cousin/uncle Mordechi would not bow to him). He made a plot to kill the jews, blah blah, ester risks her life to stop him, now we dress up and celebrate purim.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Captain Kissel
Ratttking

There was this king Achhashvaros, who sent his queen away and then held a contest for the new queen. Ester, a jewish girl, won, but did not tell the king her religion. The king's advisor, Haman, hated the jews (mostly because Ester's cousin/uncle Mordechi would not bow to him). He made a plot to kill the jews, blah blah, ester risks her life to stop him, now we dress up and celebrate purim.
Cool. What are you dressing as?

That is the Haman for whom Hamantashen are named? Man, I want some now!
Ratttking
Captain Kissel
Ratttking

Cool. What are you dressing as?

That is the Haman for whom Hamantashen are named? Man, I want some now!

That's right. And last year i was green lantern, this year i was "Super Camper", trying to recruit people for my camp XD
Never heard of that before. What do Jews usually do on that day?
Kim Haruko

Usually they hold some mind of carnival. We dress up and give presents- to our friends and to the poor- and come together for the Megillah Reading, which is the story of purim (see previous posts). There's lots of yelling and cheering and noisemakers and candy and sweets ^.^
Captain Kissel
Kim Haruko

Usually they hold some mind of carnival. We dress up and give presents- to our friends and to the poor- and come together for the Megillah Reading, which is the story of purim (see previous posts). There's lots of yelling and cheering and noisemakers and candy and sweets ^.^

I believe I know that story ... Anyway sounds like lots of fun. Save some candy for me ^^
Kim Haruko
Captain Kissel
Kim Haruko

I believe I know that story ... Anyway sounds like lots of fun. Save some candy for me ^^

That's only if i can save some fron my little brother and sister!
Happy Purim!
mark272
Happy Purim!

Thank you ^.^ To you as well!

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
YEAH!

User Image

...Oh. Sorry, OP, I thought you said "Happy Purin."