- Posted: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:53:21 +0000
yum_pie Happy Pi Day everyone! yum_pie
What is Pi day you ask?
Pi Day is a holiday commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is celebrated on March 14 (or 3/14 in month/day date format), since 3, 1 and 4 are the three most significant digits of π in the decimal form. Wiki
Here are some ways you can celebrate Pi Day:
Take the Pi Day Challenge!
Learn the Pi song.
Make a Pi cake or treat.
* Did you know you can use the stars to calculate Pi.
* Pi has inspired a literary genre where the number of letters in words successively follow the Pi digits.
* You can calculate Pi with some needles and lined paper
* Every book ever written is coded within the digits of Pi.
* Pi is the number of times a circle’s diameter will fit around its circumference.
* There is no zero in the first 31 digits of Pi.
* Pi has 6.4 billion known digits – it would take a person approximately 133 years to recite all of them without stopping.
* Pi Day is also Albert Einstein’s birthday!
* The symbol for Pi (π) has been used regularly for 250 years.
* Pi has been studied by the human race for 4,000 years.
* If you printed a billion decimals of Pi in ordinary font it would stretch from New York City to Kansas.
Want to win 3,141g? Its simple, using the RNG, generate a random number between 1 and 1000. If you get 314 then you walk away with 3,141g!
If you generate 314 please PM Finc Das with the page number and you will be awarded your gold prize.
I will also award 3,141g to the 314th person to post in this thread!
(Please note that these contests are valid until 23:59 central time)
Pi Day Winners: