Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Hi anyone wanna share their frustrations on Clamp's xxxholic with me. IM DYING HERE. Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome manga but i just can't handle the story plot. I JUST CAN'T ;~;
The plot in a whole, the fact that it's treated as Tsubasa's b***h, or the fact that it never truly ended?

[[please note that I very much like TRC, just not Clamp's way of handling the crossover
series together]]

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
ShippoFoxfire
The plot in a whole, the fact that it's treated as Tsubasa's b***h, or the fact that it never truly ended?

[[please note that I very much like TRC, just not Clamp's way of handling the crossover
series together]]

both actually, clamp is the worst when it comes to crossovers. tsubasa alone and xxxholic alone are already awesome and they just had to mush it up together exclaim question
azalea814
ShippoFoxfire

series together]]

both actually, clamp is the worst when it comes to crossovers. tsubasa alone and xxxholic alone are already awesome and they just had to mush it up together exclaim question

I think it's quite the concept (crossover series, that is). However it
only works for me when both series are excellent which they were
until the obvious abuse of holic.

The treatment of Watanuki's character and how he declined into this
sullen being was realistic, I suppose, but incredibly depressing after
being given such a lively character throughout the series. His state
of being we were left off with was horrendous.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
ShippoFoxfire
azalea814
ShippoFoxfire

series together]]

i know right. but then i kinda liked his depressing personality, but the cliffhanger for this manga is just too frustrating. what happens to the egg??
azalea814
ShippoFoxfire
azalea814
ShippoFoxfire

series together]]

i know right. but then i kinda liked his depressing personality, but the cliffhanger for this manga is just too frustrating. what happens to the egg??

I wish that he calmed down a bit and matured but I, just my opinion, hate to see
such an energetic character slip into such a paralyzed state. He's trapped to the house
and it's sad to see everyone grow up around him while he just sits there.
Not that he hasn't proved to be useful at his "job" but .... I don't think that job ever
truly fit him. But I might be completely wrong.
I'm not sure what happened.

-edit-

Do you know what xxxholic rei is about?

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
ShippoFoxfire
azalea814
ShippoFoxfire
azalea814
ShippoFoxfire

series together]]

I wish that he calmed down a bit and matured but I, just my opinion, hate to see
such an energetic character slip into such a paralyzed state. He's trapped to the house
and it's sad to see everyone grow up around him while he just sits there.
Not that he hasn't proved to be useful at his "job" but .... I don't think that job ever
truly fit him. But I might be completely wrong.
I'm not sure what happened.

-edit-

Do you know what xxxholic rei is about?

I know, it's just about one event where yuuko is still alive, and watanuki is doing some kind of a mission for yuuko as usual.

Destructive Bunny

Unless the manga is really short, Clamp can be quite bad at endings. X/1999 is in a permanent coma state.

Tsubasa's ending didn't satisfy me either.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Starshine
Unless the manga is really short, Clamp can be quite bad at endings. X/1999 is in a permanent coma state.

I KNOW RIGHT! the story plot is all fantastical and super duper and then the ending just kills everything.

Destructive Bunny

azalea814
Starshine

I KNOW RIGHT! the story plot is all fantastical and super duper and then the ending just kills everything.

I have the feeling since the plot became more twisted than a pretzel the mangakas took the cheap way out instead of a proper resolution. lol xD

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Starshine
azalea814
Starshine

I have the feeling since the plot became more twisted than a pretzel the mangakas took the cheap way out instead of a proper resolution. lol xD

I totally agree. its a pity bc tsubasa is a very good manga (although the plot is twisted as hell) lol I just hope that clamp can actually finish xxxholic. im dying to know everything

Destructive Bunny

azalea814

I totally agree. its a pity bc tsubasa is a very good manga (although the plot is twisted as hell) lol I just hope that clamp can actually finish xxxholic. im dying to know everything

Haha, I'm actually wary of reading Kobato and Gate 7 and their newer projects because of their past track record with endings.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Starshine
azalea814

Haha, I'm actually wary of reading Kobato and Gate 7 and their newer projects because of their past track record with endings.

YES!! I KNOW RIGHT!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces