Welcome to Gaia! ::

******** Initial D. Understand Takumi is supposed to be an unbeaten downhill legend, but goddamn, there's really only so much you can do with an old beater. You may have an awesome engine, and updated suspension, but the original systems are still kind of there, holding the car back (no s**t against 86s, they are drift machines, and fairly rare now). Also, Takumi toward the end of the series doesn't really improve, and there is a steep decline in character development. And he doesn't lose. I mean, in racing, sometimes you learn more from a loss. Winning all the time gets kind of boring, and makes everything predictable as hell. Then at the end, it just leaves us ******** hanging with him driving his dads Impreza, with no word on if he even replaced the 86's engine. I MUST KNOW. I would hate to think he scrapped it. And then the plot twist with the ending having most of the point of the series being about Ryousuke... WTF Shigeno, how about no. Then there was the problem of the ending chapters being just 9 pages of crappy car drawings, and no dialogue or narration. I think the shortest chapter was 5 pages!
I don't think it made me view the series as a whole differently though. It really got me into cars, and other racing manga (Wangan Midnight anyone?).

Creeper Bunny

I dunno if you heard of Nononono, by the same guy who wrote Elfen lied. It's about a girl who want's to compete in ski jumping.
I kinda figured that the author liked giving everyone freaky faces, but
WHY THE HECK DID HE PUT A MURDEROUS PSYCHOPATH IN THE LAST COMPETITION? I mean, yeah, people had their problems, and some people had anger issues, but it was about a freaking HIGH SCHOOL competative sport. Why are people suddenly dying in that last 10 chapters?!!? AND WHERE THE HECK IS THE MAIN RIVAL IN THE END? Why is he in some foreign competition instead of actually appearing in the manga? And Nono just continues crossdressing into the Olympics, which aren't shown?
But, it did make me appreciate the fact that women's ski jumping was added to this year's Olympics, which was pretty cool.

I'm still putting it out there, even if it was built up to: Bunny Drop's ending freaks me out a little.
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei was weird, too.

Liberal Gawker

1,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
death note aaah death note... how to say ... WTTTTF yagami alias << L >> ... * are striking

death bed * you succumbed to your own suffering .. Ryûk laught and pulls the string thou dance

before your grave for eternity ... romantic! Peace and rest..... requiesca in pace..thy sins be

absolved forever talk2hand

Powerhouse

xxx Holic - Biggest scam CLAMP ever pulled.

I was waiting for an ending patiently, but it never came. Everyone dies and Watanuki has to spend an eternity in that house, Yuuko descends and does not return even with Watanuki waiting for eternity. I mean the man gave everything up, his love, his freedom, his memories probably even more.
And the thing with the golen egg - biggest scam ever. stare

Gaian

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
MxO
Negima!
Double Arts
Soul Eater
Beelzebub

In a relationship with Every GDer

Fallen Star

17,990 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
TsukimiAndTheJellyfishes
xxx Holic - Biggest scam CLAMP ever pulled.

I was waiting for an ending patiently, but it never came. Everyone dies and Watanuki has to spend an eternity in that house, Yuuko descends and does not return even with Watanuki waiting for eternity. I mean the man gave everything up, his love, his freedom, his memories probably even more.
And the thing with the golen egg - biggest scam ever. stare

but xxxholic is still running. its now called xxxholic rei

Lonely Lunatic

You talking about Gantz?

Cuz, I mean... Gantz's ending... just...

Alien Cosmonaut

The Usagi Drop anime was so wonderful and perfect, but reading the synopsis of the manga ending was such a bad decision. Just....why....? That's borderline incest....
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this one, but Soul Eater had a HORRIBLE manga ending. I love the series to pieces, but the ending was just a bunch of fanservice and not well thought out nonsense, I thought.

KuroToAoi's Waifu

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Shaman King.

Versatile Gaian

19,375 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
Definitely Red String.
It's actually a webcomic, but it has manga esque elements in it.
To make a long story short, the quality of the story and art dropped dramatically partly because she got bored of the story and focused way too much on the second love interest of the main character. That probably isn't much of a big deal, but it is infuriating when you follow a story for years only to be given the middle finger.

What's so hilarious is that the author thinks that people hated the ending because of the love triangle. One reader said it best, "If even the people that wanted the pairing you chose hated the ending, it's not shipping that's doomed your story."

nusagi-chan's Significant Otter

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i had a really serious problem with the fact that with Shaman King, even though it was still going in japan, they cut it off completely here in the states. wtf! i really wanted to know how it all turned out! it was totally bogus! im kinda hoping that other people understand this. ive been pissed about since it happened

Demonic Shounen

Ousama Game
The initial Battle Royale-ish plot was initially appealing, but I'm almost certain the author gave up half-way through. Absolute waste.
Metal Fennrir
You talking about Gantz?

Cuz, I mean... Gantz's ending... just...

Definitely.

Dangerous Werewolf

10,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
one manga:
GANTZ

User Image
Zombies and The Pixels

Quick Reply

Submit