Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Browser

Similar to the "favorite anime" theme, a sticky was created to accommodate for the "favorite manga" topics and hopefully eliminate these recurring threads.

Here are some possible topics you can reply to:
-Who is your favorite/least favorite mangaka/author?
-Which mangaka/author has the most beautiful art/art style/best stories?
-Which publisher/scanlator is your favorite/least favorite?
-Which publisher/scanlator does the best/worst translations?
-Which manga has the worst/best/most mangled/etc translation?
-Which manga is your favorite series/short story?
-Which manga is the funniest/saddest/scariest/dumbest/etc?
-Which manga is the most over-rated/worst/annoying/etc?
-Which manga is the most obscure/oldest/popular/newest manga you've seen?
-Which manga made you cry/scream/giggle/etc?
-Which manga were better as a anime, and vice versa?
-Which manga do you want to see as a live action or as an anime?
-Which manga do you wish was real/live in?
-Which manga has your favourite scenes? What are they?
-Which manga has the best/worst/most romantic/etc ending?
-Which do you prefer, manga or anime?
-Which manga quotes do you like? What are they?
-Which manga are you currently reading?
-How many manga do you own?

and on the character theme:
-Which characters/villains/fighters/catgirls (whatever you can think of) are your favorites and why ?
-Which characters you think are the most attractive/sexy/bishie/cute/etc?
-Which characters you think are the strongest/dumbest/smartest/etc?
-Which character you want to be/replace/make real/etc?
-Which characters are your least favorite and why you dislike them?
-Which pairings, real or otherwise, do you want to see/like?
-Which animal/creature/mecha/etc are your favourites and why?
-Which weapons/powers/abilities you find to be the coolest/lamest/flashies/etc and which ones you want?
-Which character you'd like to marry/be trapped on an island with/go on a date with/team up with to save the world/kill or humiliate/steal from/bake cookies with (whatever you can think of)?

Also, as noted in the other favorite stickies: all current and future threads in manga regarding these prompts will be either moved to chatterbox or recycled.

Please, do not spam in the sticky. Any spam or non-related post will be removed.

Be respectful to others and have fun.

IRL Gekko

I want to replace the entire protagonist set of Inuyasha... with something... to be decided later. blaugh

Shameless Stalker

Wow that's a lot of things to answer. Lets see how far I go.

-Who is your least favorite mangaka?
Taiyo Matsumoto the creator of Black & White who proves that the Japanese artists should not try making a European style manga espeshally when they only have a vague idea of how to do it.

-Who is your favorite mangaka?
Hiroyuki Utatane for Countdown, Heaven's Prison, and Seraphic feather. Great art, plot, and characterization. He also make the most interesting hentai.

-Which mangaka has the most beautiful art?
Shirow Masamune is the best at this. He makes very beautiful characters and weapons with wonderfully detailed settings.

-Which mangaka/author has the best stories?
Chiho Saito is great with sorties. It is true that alot of them art alike but she does wonderful plots that reminds me half the time of a Shakesphearian work.

-Which mangaka/author has the most beautiful art style?
Kaori Yuki is my favorite when it comes to atmosphere and style. The gothic look is very appealing.

-Which publisher is your favorite?
I really like Del Ray for there great Quality in manga. I also liked Iorn Cat Studios when they were still around.

-Which publisher is your least favorite?
Probably CMX. There quality is very poor for there prices and the editing they do is beyond forgiveness.

-Which scanlator is your favorite?
Anime Waves does a very good job with some very interesting manga that is usually very accurate.

-Which scanlator is your least favorite?
Any scanlator that does it to licenced manga has my hate. I can't forgive anyone that disrespects the mangaka so much by disregarding the fact that their scans are causing people to not buy the mangaka's work.

-Which manga is your favorite series?
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. This is a great manga and a decent anime. THe jokes are fun, the moral is great, the characters make you wish them to succeed, and the plot pulls you into the series even though the art is not top class.

-Which manga is your favorite short story?
Indigo Blue by Satoru Ishihara This is a one shot I found at the end of Ishihara's series called The Boys Kill Tomorrow. This was a beautifully done piece of work and I don't usually consider Yaoi to have a top in anything besides art. And the art was indeed beautiful. The detail of one of the main characters tatoos was amazing and the plot was perfect for a one shot that short.

-Which manga is the funniest?
Perfect Girl Evolution (WallFlower) There is only one other manga I have found with the Main female character shooting blood out through her nose and while I think both are the best for this catagory. I find PGE to have extra charm when it come to jokes and I just like the main characters. Espeshally when Sunako is a chibi.

-Which manga is the saddest?
hmm I find the only sad story I really read was Saikano. But i don't find that sad. It is a great manga though.

-Which manga is the scariest?
I LIKE horror mangas... but they do not scare me. My favorite is Battle Royale. The concept is still fantastic in novel, movie, or manga form.

-Which manga is the most stupid?
Flowers & Bees had my vote for most stupid. Not only is the art bad you find yourself being told an unlikely story of an ordinary kid that wants to be a bishonen. Not only that but he deals with the crap of others and never learns from them or gets a backbone.

-Which manga is the most over-rated?
Inuyasha. No offence to fans but I find Inuyasha long, boring, and repeatative. The characters remind me of characters in the mangaka's previous work and I think the whole thiong is second rate to her better works like Urusei Yatsura or Orange Road.

-Which manga is the worst?
Black & White gets this title. Once again the mangaka tried using the European style... so the art is ugly, the characters are shallow with no depths, the plot is noexistant most of the time, and the violence has no sence to it.

-Which manga is the most annoying?
I find the Escaflowne shounen manga annoying. The character designed irk me beyond anything and the character's personality change from the original anime just make me want to toss the manga into a fire.

-Which manga is the most obscure manga you've seen?
...probablly Let DIE! This is actually a very well done manhwa. About a boy who wishes for his death to be delivered by someone he loves. Thus in order to get the other to kill him he tortures him metally and physically.

-Which manga is the most oldest manga you've seen?
Oniisama e or Lupin the III I really don't look at age all that much.

-Which manga is the most popular manga you've seen?
Inuyasha is the most poplular that I have seen... though I don't know why.

-Which manga was better as a anime?
Cowboy Bebop. I can't call the manga, manga... they felt so much like Doujinshi it was not funny.

-Which anime was better as a manga?
Scryed is one of the coolest mangas ever but the anime ticked me off for being so childish and stupid. Even if the anime was first what the mangaka did to the manga was pure magic from coming from that anime crap.

-Which manga do you want to see as a live action?
I want to see a Live Action of One. A live action drama about Eumpa making his way through the entertainment business would be a great drama series. Espeshally with the full cast of character in it as well.

-Which manga do you want to see as an anime?
I think Natural Honey Dormitory would make a great anime series. True it would be long but some of the jokes in there HAVE to be seen in motion.

None. That would be beyopnd scary though if I had to choose Junni Kokki. While dangerous I think it would be interesting.

-Which manga has your favourite scenes?
Heaven's Prison. Because a boy walking around with a large wooden stake impaling him asking people to help him is damn funny.

-Which manga has the best ending?
Nassica of the Valley of Wind definately gets props for it's ending. True nothing was resolved but it was not suposed to be. it was to show the battle was continuous and there could be no winner to it.

-Which manga has the worst ending?
X-day. I love the series but the ending was a bit TOO open. I felt like more was suposed to come.

Definately a manga fan. I like anime but manga is my hobby.

Song of the Iron Angel

Around 600-700

...and I'll do the rest later.
I'll just randomly pick a question...

My favorite publisher and scanlator is Tokyopop [just because they have the most series] and I don't have a favorite scanlator.
Yay! *picks out a few questions* whee

Hm... I liked The One I Love by CLAMP 4laugh There's some really short stories, but I thought they're so cute and I really loved the kimono design in the first story!

Hotaru no Mori! It was very short manga, but it was adorable. I'd love to see a short, animated movie or maybe a even sequel? heart

I'm collecting and reading the licensed volumes of Fruits Basket, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Full Moon wo Sagashite, and Tokyo Mewmew a la Mode as they're released.
Who is your favorite mangaka?
Yukiru Sugisaki. I like her stories very much.

Which manga is your favorite series?
Inu Yasha, D.N.Angel and Candidate for Goddess.

Which manga is the funniest?
I think, Shaman King is sometimes very funny! rofl

Which manga do you wish was real?
Inu Yasha!!! rofl

Which do you prefer, manga or anime?
Manga

How many manga do you own?
About 40, but I've read about 90 and I want to have more manga. I'm addicted to it... rolleyes
-Which mangaka/author has the most beautiful art/art style/best stories? CLAMP
-Which manga is your favorite series/short story? no really favorite. In the moment my favourite manga is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
And mi favorite charact is Kurogane (obviously XDDD)

Also loves cats girls.

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Hard to say. Wish or Fruits Basket. I've always loved the more girly of manga, no matter how many series youo can toss at me. I love the entire storyline for both series, Furuba (or Fruuba, how ever you like to call it) being the more thought out since it has 11 books and counting. Wish only has 4 volumes.

Don't kill me, but I've cried over Fruits Basket countless times. Especially when it came to Kyo and his inner battles, and Yuki when it came to Akito.

Again, don't kill me, but Yu-Gi-Oh! was much better as an anime (gah, call me crazy, but I -used- to like Yu-Gi-Oh! back in its prime. Now, I'm disgusted with it). When I tried to read the manga, it was like reading a Dungeons and Dragons book. Too many rules for a person to read when half the time, no one even plays the game anyway. I dunno, the anime just suited me better.

But One Piece is definately a better manga. The anime ticks me off beyond belief.

Definately Wish or Tokyo Babylon. Just to see what they would be like.

Hellsing! XD I dunno. I just like them.

Manga. Reading helps teh brain, teh mind, and teh head.

The multiple "Dammit"s or "DAMN"s from Rin-san and Kyo-kun heart

Unfortunately, none at the moment. I just put down Volume 11 of Fruits Basket. I guess I could start reading Shaman King again...

Not very many, since I have a lack of money income. Therefore, I borrow! But I do subscripe to Shonen Jump, and I have about 20 manga of my own.
Favorite: Watase Yuu
Least favorite: Don't have one.

Art: CLAMP, Watase Yuu, and Kaori Yuki all have great art
Stories: Watase Yuu, Kaori Yuki, and Hayao Miyazaki (even though he mostly does anime, not manga)

Favorite: Viz
Least favorite: Brocolli Books kind of annoy me

I wouldn't know, really

See above 3nodding
Fushigi Yuugi and Angel Sanctuary are my absolute favorites

Funniest: Fruits Basket?
Saddest:X/1999
Scariest: Don't know
Dumbest biggrin BZ

Over-rated: Don't know
Worst biggrin BZ
Annoying: Same as worst

Most obscure: Saint Marie (I think they may have stopped printing it, which makes me very sad)
Oldest: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Popular:Fushigi Yuugi, maybe
Newesr: Don't know

None on all counts

Better as anime: Gundam Wing and maybe Gunparade March
Better as manga: Practically everything. Angel Sanctuary most of all

None of them

Fushigi Yuugi

I love any scene in Angel Sanctuary that has the Mad Hatter in it. I just love him/her/it/whatever ^_^

Best: Nausicaa
Worst: X/1999, 'cause there isn't one!
Most romantic: Fushigi Yuugi

Manga

Can't think of any specific quotes

Angel Sanctuary

Oh God, I've lost count

-Which characters/villains/fighters/catgirls (whatever you can think of) are your favorites and why ?
Characters:Nausicaa and Kushana from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, because they are just awesome, Raziel from Angel Sanctuary (not sure why, just do), and Mad Hatter from Angel Sanctuary because he/she/it always makes me laugh. Oh, and Metatron from Angel Sanctuary because he's so cute 3nodding
Villains: Hmm...don't like any of the manga villains.

Want the complete list or the abridged version?

Hmm...Don't know, really
Be: None of them
Replace:Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi (God, I could have done it so much better. She was just too airheaded)
Make real:Umm..all the hot ones? 3nodding

Miaka because she's an idiot. She's pretty much it, really.

Don't much care

Nyozeka, because she's so cute! She counts as a creature, right?

-Which weapons/powers/abilities you find to be the coolest/lamest/flashies/etc and which ones you want?
I'll take anything I can get, even if it is lame. Elemental magic is my favorite, though. That and swords

-Which character you'd like to marry/be trapped on an island with/go on a date with/team up with to save the world/kill or humiliate/steal from/bake cookies with (whatever you can think of)?
Marry/island/date: Again, any/all the hot ones
Team up with. The hot ones...
Kill:MIAKA
Steal from:Umm...Miaka?
-Who is your favorite/least favorite mangaka/author? My favorite mangaka is Ai Yazawa. My least favorite...hmmm, probably whoever created Inuyasha.
-Which mangaka/author has the most beautiful art/art style/best stories? I'd say that's Mitsukazu Mihara, because I've already mentioned Yazawa.
-Which publisher/scanlator is your favorite/least favorite? Lililicious is the best scanlator
-Which manga is your favorite series/short story? Ummm, that's hard...Perhaps the Mari Okazaki 'Sweat & Honey' compilation.
-Which manga is the funniest/saddest/scariest/dumbest/etc? Scariest would be Uzumaki, saddest...too many sad ones, funniest is anything by Kiyohiko Azuma
-Which manga is the most over-rated/worst/annoying/etc? There are a lot of over-rated manga, most things my Yuu Watase are, besides the other millions
-Which manga is the most obscure/oldest/popular/newest manga you've seen? Uhh, I've seen a lot of strange manga lately...Shibiku, Marimite, Pieta...
-Which manga were better as a anime, and vice versa? Clover would be better as an anime, when music is a big part of a story you need to hear it.
-Which manga do you want to see as a live action or as an anime? I'd like to see all of them, really.
-Which manga do you wish was real/live in? I'd like to live in High School Girls...
-Which do you prefer, manga or anime? I prefer manga, so I can stare at certain scenes longer
-Which manga quotes do you like? What are they? 'Oh, you're no good, Tomo' is one I use a lot...not necessarily my favorite, though.
-Which manga are you currently reading? NANA
-How many manga do you own? Around about 100...not all physical, many are scanlations
-Which characters you think are the most attractive/sexy/bishie/cute/etc? I think Yuma of HSG is really, really cute. But, I like most of the characters in my manga. My ultimate favorite is Miwako, from ParaKiss, I just want to hug her till she dies.
-Which animal/creature/mecha/etc are your favourites and why? I love DeathScythe, from Gundam Wing. He's such a cute robot, I cried when he was destroyed.
-Which character you'd like to marry/be trapped on an island with/go on a date with/team up with to save the world/kill or humiliate/steal from/bake cookies with (whatever you can think of)? I want to marry Fuka from Yotsuba&!, kill Rio's stepmom in Pieta, steal from Miss Paper of R.O.D., and bake cookies with the Nanas of NANA.
-Who is your favorite author?
Probably Rumiko Takahashi, though all the girls seem to look the same.
-Which manga has the most beautiful art?
Inuyasha for me, but I don't get around much in the manga world.
-Which manga has the best stories?
Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho
-Which publisher is your favorite?
Shonen Jump, but that's the only one I can remember right now.
Inuyasha, because it's funny, romantic, and also has an interesting setting. Yu-Gi-Oh! next.
-Which manga is the funniest?
Inuyasha by far.
-Which manga is the most popular manga you've seen?
Inuyasha again, no surprise.
Inuyasha makes me giggle and laugh and Yu-Gi-Oh! can sometimes make me cry.
Inuyasha was probably better as anime, but Yu-Gi-Oh! is much better as a manga.
-Which manga do you wish was real?
Hmm...no clue.
Inuyasha. I love the scene in the third book where Inuyasha saves Kagome and Sota from the mask of flesh and expects Kagome to treat him like a hero but then Kagome runs off to her math test and poor Inu is heartbroken. xd
-Which manga has the bestmost romantic ending?
I hope Inuyasha does but I havn't gotten to the end yet.
Manga, I'm a book person.
Kagome: You hate me, don't you?
Inuyasha: You make me retch. ~ Inuyasha
Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh!, FullMetal Alchemist
Twelve. One Yu Yu Hakusho, 3 Inuyasha, 5 Yu-Gi-Oh!, and 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist.
-Who is your favorite mangaka?
Wataru Yoshizumi
Art; I think I am generally more drawn to the modern Korean art style (I.N.V.U. and Kare First Love) and the Shojo art of the 80-90 (Marmalade Boy and Kodocha)
MARMALADE BOY by Wataru Yoshizumi. It took some convincing for me to read it but I'm super glad I did. Very cute and addictive plot. <3 just about all the characters.
Funniest: Love Hina
Saddest: Chobits
Scariest: Battle Royale/Kindaichi Case Files
Dumbest: Maison Ikkoku (sp?)
Manga all the way! It seems much more detailed and it's easier for me to get into it. Plus, the poor dubbing/subbing doesn't get in the way.
80+ (would be more but I have to pay car insurance now... evil )
which manga are you currently reading?
Fruits Basket!!
Kansai_Gal
Similar to the "favorite anime" theme, a sticky was created to accommodate for the "favorite manga" topics and hopefully eliminate these recurring threads.

Here are some possible topics you can reply to:

Also, as noted in the other favorite stickies: all current and future threads in manga regarding these prompts will be either moved to chatterbox or recycled.

Please, do not spam in the sticky. Any spam or non-related post will be removed.

Be respectful to others and have fun.
whats ur faveiot comic
I think Koge-Donbo draws the cutest art and I am obsessed with Fruits Basket!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff