Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Werewolf

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
heart I had always watched DragonBall Z, Sailor Moon and Ruroni Kenshin, but the first manga I ever read was Absolute Boyfriend heart Yuu Watase is my idol!

Distinct Perfectionist

I think the first manga I've read was Shinshi Doumei Cross by Arina Tanemura. 3nodding

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Citizen 200
The first manga I ever bought was Pita-ten, and it was also the first series I ever completed 3nodding

I know this forum is uber full already, but I wanted to be part of the discussion too, lol
Like most people, Naruto was the first manga I read. Not sure what sparked me to read it, I'm sure boredom or something.
I guess anime was what introduced me to manga though. I remember watching Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh etc and loved shows/stories like that.
So that's probably how it all came about

FuyuWaffle's Queen

Shy Kitten

14,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
My first manga was Rurouni Kenshin
It was also the first one to get me more interested in manga
Because I actually only saw anime
I was introduced to this manga by a friend
But I learned to know the word and concept manga by my self but I firstknew it as a drawing style xD
But I learned anime because of diffrent friends
My first was La Corda D'oro and I read it because I heard that mangas were a little different or alot different than the anime and also how it goes further

Desirable Darling

13,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
The first manga series I ever read was Tail of the Moon. I was introduced to manga/anime by two of my best friends. That was almost 5 years ago and I've loved anime ever since. smile

Distinct Gawker

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
City Hunter and Rurouni Kenshin in French, bought by my father in Paris (overseas business trip). I bet he didn't even check inside the cover. And there I was, hoping for some Sailor Moon or Card Captor Sakura or something stare

Come to think of it, my mother made the same mistake and bought some shounen-ai manga, again as a souvenir, because of the handsome looking guys on the front. Lesson of the day; Do not, under any circumstances, send your parents to do your manga shopping (at least not without some kind of list)... confused

Fashionable Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

๑I loved this so much! ..I read this countless times at the age of.. umm 6th grade.
I never went back to the series, but, after posting on here,
I'm definitely gonna pick back up on it :3

Greedy Seeker

5,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
What was the first manga you've read?
Bleach.

Which was the first manga that sparked an interest for you in manga?
Bleach.

How/when/by whom were you introduced to manga?
How - Adult Swim.
When - I was 10. (7 years ago)
Whom - Nobody.

Codebreaking Phantom

24,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
The first manga that I ever read was X/1999. But the one that got me really hooked into manga was Hot Gimmick. After that it felt like I had stumbled upon a whole new world. xp

Doting Lovergirl

I remember being nine or ten and looking at the
              manga section at the library. I got Yotsuba&!, Imadoki,
              Alice 19th, and Fruits Basket.

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
First manga well I dont really remember but I have read so much up to this date and well I have a broad interest, Mirai Nikki and Akumetsu are two of my most memorable manga. Well theres too much to list or remember haha so much good stuff. I got into anime and then I found manga and totally got addicted to it so yea that was probably 4 or 5 years ago

Fashionable Sophomore

4,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • First step to fame 200
my first manga was fruits basket.

i remember i got it because i really liked the art.

i saw it at a library. x3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces