Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Genius

5,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
I would really like to discuss this manga and even the movie adaption of it. Uzumaki is one of my favorite horror mangas, even though it's one of the only ones I've read so far. And I feel like no one knows about this. Every time I ever search for it Naruto Uzumaki will come up. So just tell me how you liked this or your favorite parts or least favorite parts.

Lavish Spirit

I think anyone who is a fan of horror should know of Uzumaki,
I particularly don't like horror, horror films, books, games.

But horror mangas I love reading!
Uzumaki was one of the first ones I read, really creepy XD

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
did u watch the movie that when naruto and sakura go to the other world that toby telleport them and just vwala naruto meet his parents minato and kushina waa i fell soooooo crying when naruto finally meet his parents and hug and touch waaa~ i even cry at that part but at the end naruto just need to leave crying crying crying
and sakura just notice how naruto feels when he was all alone in his apartment
(hinata was a bad girl in the other wold~ so cute~)

ikinda forgot what movie was that XD

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
sliverphantom
did u watch the movie that when naruto and sakura go to the other world that toby telleport them and just vwala naruto meet his parents minato and kushina waa i fell soooooo crying when naruto finally meet his parents and hug and touch waaa~ i even cry at that part but at the end naruto just need to leave crying crying crying

did you even read the first post? they're not talking about Naruto, they're talking about the horror manga Uzumaki, which was by Junji Ito. it never got an anime adaption, but it did get a live action movie adaption (which wasn't all that great compared to the manga, but the manga was still going when it was being made so you've got to cut it a little slack).
I discovered the manga thinking it was Naruto-related during my weaboo days. Didn't read it until now though.

I'm only about 6 chapters in, but everything has managed to creep me out. I was reading Oyasumi Punpun in another tab and let me tell you, it was a bad idea.

Destitute Man-Lover

8,975 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
uzumaki's one of my favorite comics ever gosh ;u; junji ito's artwork is rad. i feel like i've heard a lot of people complain about the ending but it seemed really really sweet actually?? and almost all the characters had such a weird attitude throughout the whole story, like horrifying things are happening? who cares i aint moving. it's slow and dreamlike

also the first time i ever read a junji ito story in like 9th grade i almost threw up and refused to look at it again for like a year. good times.

i've never seen the movie adaptation tho, is it any good?

Medwyn Bryson's Husband

uzumaki was my first horror manga, a wonderful introduction into it by junji ito. of all that i've read, it's stuck to me the most, and though i think about it a lot i haven't gone in depth. i havent seen the movie adaption, though-any recommended places to watch it where i don't need to download it?

Liberal Genius

5,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
miskatonix
uzumaki's one of my favorite comics ever gosh ;u; junji ito's artwork is rad. i feel like i've heard a lot of people complain about the ending but it seemed really really sweet actually?? and almost all the characters had such a weird attitude throughout the whole story, like horrifying things are happening? who cares i aint moving. it's slow and dreamlike

also the first time i ever read a junji ito story in like 9th grade i almost threw up and refused to look at it again for like a year. good times.

i've never seen the movie adaptation tho, is it any good?

I loved the ending too. A little inconclusive, but still sweet.
I liked the movie, personally, though it has gotten some bad reviews. A bit gory, which I love, and changed of course, but it did keep some aspects from the book, such as the snail people or the crazy spiral hair. (the ending is completely different)

Liberal Genius

5,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
Junkos Enoshima
uzumaki was my first horror manga, a wonderful introduction into it by junji ito. of all that i've read, it's stuck to me the most, and though i think about it a lot i haven't gone in depth. i havent seen the movie adaption, though-any recommended places to watch it where i don't need to download it?

I actually just found it right on youtube. No download or anything because some amazing person just uploaded the whole thing. Don't know if it's still up though...

Beloved Noob

sliverphantom

User Image
And this is why I die a little on the inside every day. crying

Sparkly Prophet

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The movie was ok. I really liked some parts but others were kinda cheesy. I love the manga but I only have the first volume and I've read a little bit of the 2nd. I like Junji Ito's art and stories. Definitely a favorite of mine.
I've never seen the movie.
I have the first and second volumes (still need to find the third)... just saw they released them all together in one book at Barnes & Nobles today, heh. I love the first book though (still haven't read the second). I love the horror aspect with the haunting and sometimes absurd surrealness. That image of the girl's eyeball going back into the head just sticks with me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff