Welcome to Gaia! ::

sunflower boys's Husband

Friend

Quote:
Title: Koi to Uso (Love and Lies)
Rating: 10/10
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: "In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government...Yukari Nejima is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But in within him, he hides a heart burning with passion! In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?"
Your Rating for the Artwork: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The art is the best ;-;
User Image

Your Rating for the Story: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story is very nice and unique, in my opinion. It is also refreshing that the main character is a kind and honest guy. (After reading so many mangas with a lying, dirtbag mc lol...staring at you Nozoki Ana)
Suggested for people who like: Uhh, not sure what is similar. Maybe Kuzu no Honkai? I thoroughly enjoy that one, as well.

Quote:
Title: Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)
Rating: 10/10
Genre: Drama, Mature, Romance, School Life, Seinen
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: "17-year-old Awaya Mugi and Yasuraoka Hanabi appear to be the ideal couple. They are both pretty popular, and they seem to suit each other well. However, outsiders don't know of the secret they share. Both Mugi and Hanabi have hopeless crushes on someone else, and they are only dating each other to soothe their loneliness."
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: I love this artist's work
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I also enjoy the storyline of this. Each person has their own sets of problems and odd definition of "love". It goes into depth of why each person is the way they are and why they connect the way they do. It's pretty good.
Suggested for people who like: ~~
Title: Honey So Sweet
Rating: I think it's T.
Genre: Romance
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A delicate girl and a boy who looks like a delinquent start dating and fall in love. Along the way they make new friends and deal with 'firsts' like using first names or sharing a first kiss.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: I wish I could draw like her. Honey So Sweet has such cute artwork, I just love looking at it.

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I'm a sucker for fluff, and this is definitely a fluffy story. If you're not into fluff, it won't be your thing but I love it!

Suggested for people who like: If you like sweet romances, you'll probably enjoy this series. I'm a huge romance fan and I really love this manga series.
Berserk-a manga about a tragic hero named guts , set in a medieval dark fantasy storyline ,expect to see a lot of gore,explicit sexual activity,and twisted characters. The story can get pretty depressing btw
Devil-man- rather short manga,but it has a very powerful message, its very old fashioned but you'll get used to it and even start to like it.The main protagonist is akira who is a typical righteous wimpy and slightly air headed highschooler who hates violence.long story short he gets involved in a war way bigger than himself, and has to fight monsters by becoming one himself.
good luck these two manga will almost literally change your life,they have such a impact and their both traumatic in some way.
wink

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
Title: World Embryo
Rating: Older teen (seinen)
Genre: Sci-fi, horror, Supernatural mystery
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A teenage boy finds an egg that hatches; a little girl emerges who looks like his missing older sister from years ago. The boy finds ends up in a precarious situation and is forced to join a secret task force that get's rid of Kanshu; monsters that used to be human. These Kanshu are formed from special frequency waves in cell phone users. The mystery on who the girl is and who are creating these monsters is the premise of the story.
Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Some people may see the art as pretty, but simple. The art reminds me of video game art, and for good reason, the manga creator, Daisuke Moriyama, used to work in the video game industry and did art work for a trading card game before venturing into manga. It's proportional, and clean cut, so it's easy to understand the action between scenes. He practiced a lot with computer graphics, so the colored artwork is pleasing to the eye.

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story was excellent; in many thrillers or suspense stories, there are too many plot points that end in cliffhangers at the end, and Moriyama has a sharp memory and remembers to cover every plot point that was raised! The main characters get wonderful character development, so they feel like 3 dimensional characters you have a lot of empathy for. My one minor criticism is that some of the pacing was a little quick; secondary characters I presumed would get more screen time did not get as much character development as the main characters, so some characters remained static types, with little variation to their personality. But the majority of the plot, themes, and the main characters all blended together for a great tale!

Suggested for people who like: Chrono Crusade, because it was written and drawn by the same author.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff