title bleach 5stars based on samurai and souls
Title: Kids Are Doing Fine Today!!
Author: Himeko Shino
Publisher: Digital Manga Guild
Language: English
Rating: 18+ Explicit Content
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Yaoi

Basic Premise/Basic Plot:
Issei finally becomes intimate with his younger brother Kouyoh, under the guise of helping him forget about the earthquakes and lightning Kouyoh is so scared of. But even after cementing their relationship, trouble brews as Issei is met with many rejections and even violence from his new lover, who is quick to fight and quite shy in matters of love. And is all really safe, especially when older brother Mutsuki hears of it? Not to mention the appearance of a potential rival for Kouyoh’s affections! Will Issei’s troubles never cease?

Included in Kids Are Doing Fine Today!! is a one-shot bringing two childhood friends back together—even if one of them scarcely remembers the other! When friendly Rion tries to befriend the delinquent Kagura for the second time in his life, Kagura ignores him. But as he finally gets fed up with Rion following him around, he invites Rion up to his room and…kisses him?! Does he really remember Rion after all?

Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Himeko Shindo does a job with the art in this manga. The guys are guys, they don't look girly or anything like that. I love the way that Himeko Shindo draws feet, it might be odd, but they're just so well drawn. Also she does a great job on the explicit scenes, they aren't over the top and very erotic.

Your Rating for the Story: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story is great. It develops at a good rate and with humor through out. You get to how the relationship develops between the two main characters. But it doesn't just go through the same things over and over. There are new things for the main characters to go through in developing and keeping their relationship. Also there is a short side story at the end that's cute and finishes the manga up nicely.

Suggested for people who like:
Anyone who like yaoi, shounen ai, boys love. Also who like Himeko Shindo and brotherly love.
Annarasumanara.
For people who like shoujo.
Title: Hana Kimi
Rating: PG-13 but anyone can read it 
Genre: comedy/romance
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: [no spoilers, please] a girl from the united states disguises herself as a boy to go to an all boys school where her idol/crush who is a high-jumping champ, goes to school. 

Your Rating for the Artwork: [A through F]
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: A

Your Rating for the Story: [A through F]
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: A- because sometimes some of the plot points seem pointless or out of place. I guess they are what's called filler chapters.

Suggested for people who like: [here you can suggest other titles that are similar or just the type of person who would like it] Fruits Basket. But just try it!! It is so beyond cute!! 

Dapper Hunter

1,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Title biggrin eadman Wonderland
Rating:Over 9000
Genre:horror, action

Clean Noob

1,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
I recommend THE GOD OF HIGHSCHOOL. It's actually a Manwha(korean manga) but it's in color and read left to right. Think Street Fighter meets DBZ,lol
Title: Yozakura Quartet
Rating: Teen
Genre: Action, Comedy, Shounen, Supernatural
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Akina, Hime, Kotoha, and Ao are four members of the Hiizumi Seikatsu Soudan Jimusho (Hiizumi's Everyday-life Consultation Office), which, in addition to helping kindergarteners deal with tough times, strives to preserve the peace of their little town, Sakurashin, by hunting down the troublemakers who dare threaten it.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A++++++++++
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: It's wonderful, especially the battle scenes.

Your Rating for the Story: A++++++++++
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: It's great! It's unlike anything I've ever read, and it's a good balance of comedy, action, and the occassional angsty romance moment.

Suggested for people who like: Comedy, action, who don't mind if the mangaka has the female characters accidentally flash the readers

The creator of this manga also made the widely acclaimed Durarara!!

Information from manga.animea.net
I like pretty much any manga and thanks for the recomendacion smile

Shameless Stalker

13,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
can i ask for a recommendation? i like mangas with beautiful art, do you know any of them? :3
i also want to recommend Paradise Kiss (Tragedy, Josei), not for its art but for the plot. It was the only manga that can give me this lingering feeling after reading it. It just seems so real, you should give it a try heart

Devoted Phantom

11,850 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post anything other than a review here, but I was wondering if there is any way of telling how age-appropriate a manga is from this thread. The ratings section is confusing me as some people use letters to which which I am unfamiliar and am unable to interpret.

I know that certain genres are always going to be aimed at an older audience, however labels such as shoujo are a little ambiguous as they are aimed at such a wide age-range - 12 to 18. Is it at all possible to avoid any unfortunate surprises for younger or more sensitive readers?

Thankyou for your help.

Timid Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Title: Ballad of a Shinigami
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Hurt/comfort, Romance, Sorrow
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A shinigami called MoMo and her devil-cat familiar, Daniel, seek to bring peace to those who are distressed and close to death, or have one last deed to be done. In this manga, there are a series of wonderful short oneshots, each having its own unique characteristic that can bring the reader to tears, or have them laugh out loud. It's a twist of various emotions that can tug anyone's heart strings.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A- (A mix of shoujo and shonen style artwork)
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The art is very delicate and has many details and fine lines, also wonderful anatomy. The art brings the stories to life, trapping the reader in the world of the manga.

Your Rating for the Story: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Such an awesome concept...all of the short stories in this manga had their own moods; maybe a terribly sad one, a brighter one, bitter sweet...every one of them was spectacular in drawing out the reader's emotions.

Suggested for people who like: People who enjoy stories about helping and kindness, or maybe sorrowful endings and sweet beginnings.
lil pixy girl
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post anything other than a review here, but I was wondering if there is any way of telling how age-appropriate a manga is from this thread. The ratings section is confusing me as some people use letters to which which I am unfamiliar and am unable to interpret.

I know that certain genres are always going to be aimed at an older audience, however labels such as shoujo are a little ambiguous as they are aimed at such a wide age-range - 12 to 18. Is it at all possible to avoid any unfortunate surprises for younger or more sensitive readers?

Thankyou for your help.

The rating is actually referring to how good the manga is (like those grades you get in school, A through F). The 'suggested for people who like' section should kind of give it away, but the best way to know for sure is probably to do some research on the actual series before getting into it.
read these:
arisa
chrome breaker
hiyikoi
alice quartet
etc etc
hope it helps
Title: Akame ga kiru! / Akame ga kill!
Rating: teens, because it's somewhat full of killings then older?
Author: Takahiro
Artist: Tashiro Tetsuya
Original Publisher: Square Enix
Number of Volumes/Chapters:5 volumes 14 chptrs as of the moment- ongoing
Genre: Action,Adventure,Tragedy,Romance,Fantasy,Shounen
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Tatsumi is a fighter who just got robbed by a pretty girl, but his luck seems to be looking up, as another pretty girl has taken him in. What he doesn’t know is that this girl is about to be visited by a family of assassins (including the girl who robbed him) and they might be the good guys, and be recruiting... ( just copied somewhere. :> )

Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The art is good and really well made..well detailed and great action scenes. m/

Your Rating for the Story:A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story:This is the best from all i've read, this something you can look forward to, very interesting because it's something different and a lot of twists that you didn't expect to happen,full of action too some maybe bloody..but still i definetely recommend this. smile

Suggested for people who like: this one. smile ) and i don't know anything similar but these are what i suggest..The Legend of Maian, Nisekoi, Code Breaker,Orange Marmalade, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo,Last Game.. many more. smile

Magnetic Fairy

sweet biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas