Welcome to Gaia! ::

:)

:) 1 100.0% [ 327 ]
Total Votes:[ 327 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21 > >>

Beloved Dog

07/03/2016
For several reasons I have decided to move this post. If you would like to view the last updates from before 07/03/16, the information has been copied on page 19 of this thread so it's not lost forever, don't worry!

I'm still going to be keeping track of NANA updates so you can definitely still post here because I'll still put the updates here, but it will also be on a different website: LINK

Thanks have a wonderful year!

The following is a revised version of the updates, but none of the links will work unless you go to the link above.

Quote:

NANA Sources:

Cookie Magazine/ Shueisha: This is the magazine NANA was serialized in and where Junko’s Room has been featured.
Official NANA Site: This is where I would get a majority of NANA updates ...despite not knowing a lick of Japanese. Also, you may see in some of the Yazawa Island and/or Junko’s Room installments advertisements that will take you to this website. These are often for backgrounds and adorable NANA images you can get on your phone. I haven’t really tried, but there are QR codes provided, all you have to do is click in the little diamond-shaped link(s).
NANA Anime Website
Anime News Network (ANN): Search - Ai Yazawa
This is isn’t actually a source of any kind, but in this tag are posts myself and others have made regarding NANA that I have found pretty engaging. I just love to discuss NANA and anything Ai Yazawa, so feel free to talk NANA to me because I know of [plenty of users here who also love to read what others think smile [Tagged: NANA Feels]
Other

Please consider NANA has been on hiatus since May 2009.
Junko’s Room has been on an official hiatus since July 2014.
I also want to note the links for the March and May 2013 may be backwards. The sources note the months, but the “Yazawa Island” notes them as Vol. 100 and Vol. 101 differently.

January 26th, 2013: It was announced that the March 2013 issue of Cookie Magazine would be featuring a new installment titled “Junko’s Room” (or “Junko’s Place” depending on the different translations). Junko’s Room was created to commemorate Yazawa Island’s 100th installment in Shueisha’s Cookie and would feature 2-pages at Junko’s bar, similar to the omakes at the end of every NANA volume. This was the first news since her 2010 hospital release and first published work in three years. Source: ANN.
February 2nd, 2013: The following image is the cover of Cookie’s March 2013 issue. Seen at the top right hand corner is Junko! Image [Source: Crunchyroll]
June 21st, 2013: Here are the raw scans from the March 2013 Junko’s Room, which features Junko, Yasu, and Shoji at the bar. Also, notably, Hachi and Nana are still in the mysterious house seen in the Junko’s Room omakes from the NANA volumes. It’s untranslated so far. Source: Source: Secretest-heart on Tumblr. Here it is again from a separate source, credited below.
June 21st, 2013: Here is the May 2013 Junko’s Room , from the same source as above featuring Junko, Shoji, Shin, and Ginpei. It’s untranslated so far. Source: secretest-heart. Here it is again from another source (cited in the next link):
July 2013: Junko’s Room July 2013 translated from the source. Here we find the characters discuss the possibility of NANA’s continuation. It’s noted that Yazawa has been ill, HOWEVER the paparazzi/reporter guy (Kurada) showcases photographs (illustrations from Ai Yazawa) of the mangaka herself travelling and making appearances. It’s kind of adorable. Raw. Source: posted and translated by lemon-teddybear on Tumblr.
August 3rd, 2013: Here is the September 2013 Junko’s Room raw. Here is a direct quote I grabbed from the source three years ago:
“ So Yuri and Miu comes to Junko’s bar but find out that it is closed due to the author’s feigned illness sham. Inside the bar, Miu is skeptical about believing Yazawa’s sportive photos and adds that in the first place why is Yazawa a monster. Shin tell them that it’s actually Junko’s usual excuse to take a leave and he also wants to take a rest too. Much to shin’s surprise, Yuri doesn’t get why would one want a rest after a long-awaited turn and says that she’s gladly to do this job (of being the bar’s Mama-san). However, Miu tells yuri to play the customer’s role since there’s no need to have three waiters in such a deserted shop like this, while putting on a kimono (preparing to be a Mama-san). Yuri protests because she wants to play the Mama-san’s role but Miu doesn’t seem to care and continue to do her hair while questioning Yuri whether she is willing to do everything. Yuri disagrees, saying that Miu is more suitable for the customer’s role and she wants to choose her job too! Miu has finished dressing up and says she can do the job of a Mama-san. So the two are on war, each holding a flag saying, “Yuri’s Bar" and “Miu’s Bar". Yuri objects that she can absolutely attract more customers but Miu still thinks she won’t be able to manage the shop. Yuri angrily replies the bar will be something if you put customers in and Miu remarks that it’s just sweet thoughts. All these happening with Shin gulping his wine calmly. He is fine with whoever being the Mama-san, however, they are running out of page so he’s going home. Goodbye! And the other two were shocked by his words, thinking so short!!”

Source: lemon-teddybear
September 27th, 2013: So here we get the November 2013 Junko’s Room installment, funny how this information comes months before the release(?). Anyway, it features Shinichi! The look on his face in the last panel really makes me want to know hat they’re discussing. I have no translation for this however. Source: lemon-teddybear
November 23rd, 2013: Here we have information on the NANA Christmas cards that came out for the 2013 holidays! You’ve probably seen them floating around in the past few years! Very lovely! Yasu as Santa? Shin lying next to Hachiko?? We were really blessed in 2013, honestly. Source: lemon-teddybear.
November 29th, 2013: It looks like George stops by in the January 2014 Junko’s Room. Also, I know this is from three years ago.. but I’ll forever love the newer covers for Paradise Kiss that are advertised in the Yazawa Islands before JR. Yukari’s modeling is just A+. Source: lemon-teddybear.

January 27th/28th, 2014: It’s been a full year since the announcement and with the new year... scans from the January 2014 Junko’s Room. Still no idea what they’re saying. Kyosuke is in this one...Shoji, Shin, Junko and Misato again too. They seem to be doing renovations to the bar, and it looks like Shin isn’t helping much since he’s reading on his iPad. It’s too funny to me because it’s actually kind of rare to see any of these characters interacting in the actual series.... especially without our leading ladies. The source posted a translation, according to my notes, but I lost it so I’ll try to find it later: [One of the translated pages]. Source: lemon-teddybear.
March 2013: Here we have the March 2014 Junko’s Room. Honestly I have no idea what is going on. I know for a fact these were translated, I just need to find it. Source: lemon-teddybear.
May 27th, 2014: And with the July 2014 Junko’s Room issue, we were given the very unfortunate news that Junko’s room is on hiatus (it still is) ...so we have an hiatus within a hiatus which is the worst type of inception. Here is a quote from the issue though translated from the source, “Kyosuke: But by ending this omake page, does that mean the author is finally resuming the main story? Junko: NAH! About that, if the author has recovered, she would quickly finish the manga.“ ....which isn’t promising, to say the least. But if anyone as read anything I’ve ever written regarding NANA, they know I strongly believe that she has the ending already. Source: lemon-teddybear.

January 28th, 2015: The NANA Offical Website was updated with announcement for the NANA post cards on 01/26/15. Click.
January 29th, 2015: Tumblr user hajimecrea translates that the images are for NANA memo pads Cookie is releasing. Click.
January 30th, 2015: And HERE we are blessed with high quality scanned images of these memo pad illustrations. The source provides a download link for them. They’re so perfect, I love them all. Have you noticed a shift in Yazawa’s illustration style? Source: lemon-teddybear.
March 26th, 2015: Okay, so HERE is a color illustration with the characters in a sort of chibi-Yazawa-style. Hachi is a nurse and many of the characters are sitting in a row (in the non-smoking area ahahaha) with masks on. It’s freakin’ adorable. Notably, it’s Nana sitting far away from the Trapnest members and employees... then it’s mostly BLAST with the other GAIA employees ... and finally Karuda peeking in though the window. This illustration comes with a mask/mask case that comes with the corresponding issue of Cookie. Source : lemon-teddybear. A previously mentioned source also stated that there will be magnets featuring the BLAST members to come out May 26th, 2015. ClickClickClick!
July 2015: BLAST Member magnets, as seen on the NANA website.
The following updates are from August 2015 to December 2015 in not particular order. I was without a computer for some of that time, so I’m unclear on the timeline, to be honest.
Announcement for 2016 Calendar.
Autumn artwork from Cookie’s October 2015 issue. You’ve probably seen this one too! Both Hachi and Nana are sporting oranges and yellows and they’re walking hand-in-hand though an autumn forest. Source: Varies.
NANA Stationary. [1/4], [2/4], [3/4], [4/4]. These are possibly the cutest updates ever. Source: lemon-teddybear.
November 2015 Announcement from ANN about the 2016 Calendar: Click.
Another announcement for the NANA 2016 calendar from GaiaOnline user ‘a n a l ai g h’. She gives us the following transcript:
“ And a beautiful Japanese woman translated it for me:
"First picture:
Mangaka Ai Yazawa introducing 2016 Nana Calendar
The attached gift of this month's magazine is 2016 NANA calendar illustrated by Ai Yazawa.
The theme of this calendar is the life After "NANA".
You will enjoy imagining the stories behind each month's illustration.
Person 1 said : "I like the March and April ones because of warm hearted feeling infer from them."
Person 2 said: "I like the February one because it's so cool!"
Picture 2:
1. "NANA" illustration calendar! Yazawa created these illustration by thinking of how every character will be after "NANA" story ended.
2. It's a gorgeous calendar, you can enjoy beautifully drawn illustration every month!
3. Pooh, then how about this month...and this character... Wow I am excited just to imagine how they are now!
3. But I'm sure Miss M (the one with glasses) must be crying in joy each new month because if seeing these beautifully drawn illustration!
4. No.... I'm not crying.... I'm an adult for goodness sake.... (Tears streaming down) "Well I clearly see clean tear streak coming down your eyes!"
Picture 2, panel 1 gives me hope- since this is a calendar inspired after Nana ends, maybe she will finish it!”
The NANA CALENDAR 2016! Alright! In these images, we can see Future-Hachi by the sea with an umbrella, similar to in the manga where she visits Nobu’s inn with Miu, Yasu, and Satsuki for Nana’s birthday. For January and February we see Future-Nana with her long blonde hair (which looks blue here) also standing by the sea. In both images the snow is falling, but I’m assuming they’re not on the same shore just quite yet. For March and April Hachi and Satsuki are walking underneath the cherry blossoms smiling hand-in-hand. In May and June we see Nobu trailing after Hachi, smiling in the future scenes. I mean, I assume it’s Nobu. Could very well be Shinichi. On second thought--- I think it’s Shin since it looks as if they might be near Apt. 707. But what do I know? For July and August we can see through 707′s window Nobu, Hachi, and Yasu celebrating the summer fireworks, which we learn has become tradition. The September and October illustrations show Takumi, child-Ren, Naoki, and Reira presumably walking though the streets of England. And, lastly, for November and December, future-Hachiko is alone at her old apartment with small tree... waiting...like always...for Nana. Source: lemon-teddybear.

June 2016: Ai Yazawa releases an illustration of Nana Osaki to celebrate Shueshia/Cookie’s 16th Anniversary. Source 1.

--

And here concludes this post. I hope you all have a wonderful year and I have the highest hopes for NANA’s continuation and completion. Feel free to discuss NANA things with me, it’s one of my favorite things to do for some odd reason, ahaha.

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Awesome! emotion_kirakira Can't wait to read it. I hope this means Yazawa is on the mend.

Questionable Conversationalist

Oh be still my aching heart!
I am absolutely happy that Yazawa even drew just some Junko's Room, and I hope it means that she's seriously considering working on stories again, even if she can't pick up NANA (which is the only manga series I viciously and specifically hunted down each volume brand new to have). Her story-telling and characterization is just so brilliant, I hope her health is doing well and if it's something she wants to do she can come back to working on stories like this.

I'll also add in a little prayer that NANA will get a bit more, just a little more, no matter how long the wait is. I just wanted to see Hachi and Nana together again :c

Beloved Dog

Milady Alluca
Oh be still my aching heart!
I am absolutely happy that Yazawa even drew just some Junko's Room, and I hope it means that she's seriously considering working on stories again, even if she can't pick up NANA (which is the only manga series I viciously and specifically hunted down each volume brand new to have). Her story-telling and characterization is just so brilliant, I hope her health is doing well and if it's something she wants to do she can come back to working on stories like this.

I'll also add in a little prayer that NANA will get a bit more, just a little more, no matter how long the wait is. I just wanted to see Hachi and Nana together again :c
Yes! There is hope that Hachi will find Nana yet!

Seeing as how the Junko's Place Omake is usually interactive with the readers, perhaps we will be able to get more information on the possibilty of any future projects. As I recall, the characters often read fan mail, comment on the storyline, and make announcements (most likely to celebrate the 100th issue or whatever). So, I guess one can say -- at least for me -- that this release feels like more than just a celebratory comic, but a way of communicating to the fans.
Oh gosh even the slightest news on Ai Yazawa's recovery makes my day a little brighter!
I've been rereading a good majority of her works and hearing that she's able to draw
makes me hopeful for good news this year. c: Here's to wishful thinking and lots of
prayers Yazawa's way!

Beloved Dog

I wonder what "Yazawa Island" is... (?)

Questionable Conversationalist

elpantalones

My guess is a magical place where NANA plot line notes lie scattered across a desk top for just anyone to come by and read, and free form doodles that are just pure Yazawa-art are shuffled around and under everything and hugging the papers when you find them is allowed.

Beloved Dog

Milady Alluca
elpantalones

My guess is a magical place where NANA plot line notes lie scattered across a desk top for just anyone to come by and read, and free form doodles that are just pure Yazawa-art are shuffled around and under everything and hugging the papers when you find them is allowed.
Sounds lovely ;__;

Dapper Ladykiller

That's pretty cool. I was always wonder about when it continue again. Now there is some hope that it will. ^^

It was one of my favorite series (besides Monster).

Rich Capitalist

so she's not dead

thank ********

Beloved Dog

Playboy Karasu Uchiha
That's pretty cool. I was always wonder about when it continue again. Now there is some hope that it will. ^^

It's my favorite anime, whereas NANA is my favorite manga. And the 'other version' of each title ranks second smile
elpantalones
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

It's my favorite anime, whereas NANA is my favorite manga. And the 'other version' of each title ranks second smile

Really? That's pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces