Welcome to Gaia! ::

:)

:) 1 100.0% [ 122 ]
Total Votes:[ 122 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Beloved Dog

Pants
To those new in this thread, Welcome!

Over the past year I've been compiling news regarding NANA and anything Ai Yazawa, so if you have anything to share, please leave a comment with a source and I will be sure to add it to the list of news! Also be sure to tell me if I have made any errors!

It would be highly appreciated if anyone had the time and ability to translate some of the snippets as well. I would if I could.... but I can't. Thus, that is where my helpfulness ends.

Enjoy!

-Pants

Also, here are some NANA resources:
Cookie's Website - the magazine NANA was serialized in, and where you can find Junko's Room
Official NANA Site- This one is very special and helpful, especially since it has recent updates. You will see in some of the Junko's Place installments that there are 'advertisements". These are often to backgrounds and adorable NANA images you can get on your phone. There are QR codes provided, all you have to do is click on the little diamond-shaped link.
NANA anime site
NANA's official movie site

2/1/14 Oh! Also, some good news!! The source for all the Junko's Room Scans says that they plan on translating the past and future installments. Sooo, technically... all the images below should have a real translation soon:

http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/post/75161122239

----
Jan, 26 2013:

I'm not quite sure if there has already been a topic started, but...

Greetings! How has your year been so far?

After a few years of waning optimism, there seems to be a new installment of Junko's Place appearing in the 2013 March Issue of Cookie magazine! Well, at least according to this small blurb from ANN : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-25/nana-yazawa-draws-new-junko-room-chapter

So any thoughts? Obviously it's great to hear the potential of any kind of recovery on Ai Yazawa's health (not that the article really divulges that kind of information). But, anything beyond the 2010 "she left the hospital" update is promising considering I haven't seen more than a Christmas doodle from her in the past 3.5 years.

Moreover, while it's not actually a real chapter of NANA, it's definitively a step in the right direction. And by "right direction" I mean anything current at all that can bring hope for the possibility that we can read a conclusion to the NANA series.

Oh and please feel free to talk about anything slightly related to this. For example, Yazawa related story-lines... other series on hiatus.... how this should be in the Manga subforum ....

Edit 2/1/13:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, if you want to know more about the Christmas Card stuff, I'm pretty sure it was off the official website HERE where I was linked to the information on that (quite a few months ago).
And here is a link to Cookie , which is ridiculously girly, haha~

Edit 6/21/13

First off... here are some raws from that March installment.
I hope it's not against the rules here...

Below: Celebrating Cookie's 13th Anniversary

I guess I should mention July's Junko's Place....

According to a rough translation from the source, the characters discuss the possibility of NANA's continuation. It's noted that Yazawa has been ill, HOWEVER the paparazzi guy displays photographs of the mangaka travelling and making appearances. It may be a joke but it's still promising guys wink

Update 8/3/13

The September Cookie seems to have a new installment, and I will tell you what I know. Below is a link and translation from a [source]. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's still something right? Feel free to take a jab at the translation if you want.

Source Credit:
http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/post/56803105486
takrai-tama
Yazawa Island and Junko’s Bar!

So I did a summary of Junko’s Bar with my bad Japanese… Please correct me if there’s any mistakes!

So Yuri and Miu comes to Junko’s bar but find out that it is closed due to the author’s feigned illness sham.

Inside the bar, Miu is skeptical about believing Yazawa’s sportive photos and adds that in the first place why is Yazawa a monster. Shin tell them that it’s actually Junko’s usual excuse to take a leave and he also wants to take a rest too. Much to shin’s surprise, Yuri doesn’t get why would one want a rest after a long-awaited turn and says that she’s gladly to do this job (of being the bar’s Mama-san). However, Miu tells yuri to play the customer’s role since there’s no need to have three waiters in such a deserted shop like this, while putting on a kimono (preparing to be a Mama-san). Yuri protests because she wants to play the Mama-san’s role but Miu doesn’t seem to care and continue to do her hair while questioning Yuri whether she is willing to do everything. Yuri disagrees, saying that Miu is more suitable for the customer’s role and she wants to choose her job too! Miu has finished dressing up and says she can do the job of a Mama-san.

So the two are on war, each holding a flag saying, “Yuri’s Bar" and “Miu’s Bar". Yuri objects that she can absolutely attract more customers but Miu still thinks she won’t be able to manage the shop. Yuri angrily replies the bar will be something if you put customers in and Miu remarks that it’s just sweet thoughts. All these happening with Shin gulping his wine calmly. He is fine with whoever being the Mama-san, however, they are running out of page so he’s going home. Goodbye! And the other two were shocked by his words, thinking so short!!

9/27/13 - Alright, I've caught wind of the November installment. More Shin!! I wonder what they're saying??

Source: http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/ It's a lovely blog, follow if you'd like : )

11/23/12 AHHHHHHH I don't have time to investigate, so maybe someone can help?
Tumblr source: kawaiizekai

These new Christmas post cards exist.... any indication of a new chapter anytime soon???

Looking back on the year, it has been a great one for NANA fans. We may have not gotten new chapters, but the fact that we have Yazawa drawing again is still pretty sweet. She's keeping the hope alive for NANA, even though a lot of fans had already given up on new material. Well, it makes me more excited.... could we see a conclusion to NANA in the future? I would very much enjoy that!

11/29/13 - There's a new Junko's Place for 1/14. Look's like George stops by crying
Source: http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/

!!!

And from the same very lovely tumblr source, a better look at the postcards:

UPDATE 1/27/2014

Happy New Year! Upon my many hours of procrastination, I've encountered these lovely scans of March 2014's Tazawa Island/Junko's Place. The source is the same as before!

Source: http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/post/74715271869

And, as usual (this is turning into an extremely long OP), here are the scans:

Shouji makes another appearance, it seems.

Also, there are some re-releases of Paradise Kiss. I know it's been going along for a while now (and I'm not sure the specifics), but the new covers are just fabulous. Yazawa's still got it, amirite?

1/28/14

Welp, the same account posted a translation:

This was the text:
takrai-tama
Junko’s Bar (Junko’s Room) - Cookie 26/01

I think Shueisha is going to publish Paradise Kiss which used to be published by Shodensha. That’s why they are promoting it here. Also, they are advertising Tenshi Nanka Janai and Gokinjo no Monogatari e-book. I think you can download the first volume of Tenshi Nanka Janai for free until 31 Jan.

Maybe 2014 will be the year of a NANA comeback??
--------------------------
ALSO, it has been mentioned in this thread before, but back in the Fall the anime GOLDEN TIME (Episode 4) introduced a character called Nana.

Click the link below for more information... or just watch the show:
Golden Time Wiki.
I saw some of the episodes on Crunchyroll, which is legal. It still may be there.

Here's the new one, same source....MARCH 2014

"Yazawa Island vol.107 & Junko’s Bar - Cookie 05/14" Or is this for May? I don't even know.

5/27/14 Here's another update.
First of all a wonderful translation of the May Issue.

Second of all the raw version of the July Issue.

Third of all: JUNKO'S ROOM HIATUS. So a hiatus within our hiatus D: D: D:

Look below for new information:

Also an Image:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Ai Yazawa congratulating Cookie’s 14th anniversary."
**Note updates, translations, and images provided by takrai-tama of tumblr.

I'm not sure if it's official. Junko is implying that the omake is ending/hiatus-ing:

5/31/14
Check out the next translation! Ai Yazawa is such a tease!
takrai-tama translation
Kyosuke: But by ending this omake page, does that mean the author is finally resuming the main story?

Junko: NAH! About that, if the author has recovered, she would quickly finish the manga. [there's not hope that this manga will last (or end?, It's pretty small so I can't really tell)]

Pants
Sooo, I would say there's something positive happening for Yazawa fans for 2014. Hopefully, if things keep going this way, it will result in a healthy Ai Yazawa and a completed NANA.
To-do/Memo to self: Save post images and sources externally just in case they disappear from the internet.

Proxy Risk-Taker

13,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Awesome! emotion_kirakira Can't wait to read it. I hope this means Yazawa is on the mend.

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

Oh be still my aching heart!
I am absolutely happy that Yazawa even drew just some Junko's Room, and I hope it means that she's seriously considering working on stories again, even if she can't pick up NANA (which is the only manga series I viciously and specifically hunted down each volume brand new to have). Her story-telling and characterization is just so brilliant, I hope her health is doing well and if it's something she wants to do she can come back to working on stories like this.

I'll also add in a little prayer that NANA will get a bit more, just a little more, no matter how long the wait is. I just wanted to see Hachi and Nana together again :c

Beloved Dog

Milady Alluca
Oh be still my aching heart!
I am absolutely happy that Yazawa even drew just some Junko's Room, and I hope it means that she's seriously considering working on stories again, even if she can't pick up NANA (which is the only manga series I viciously and specifically hunted down each volume brand new to have). Her story-telling and characterization is just so brilliant, I hope her health is doing well and if it's something she wants to do she can come back to working on stories like this.

I'll also add in a little prayer that NANA will get a bit more, just a little more, no matter how long the wait is. I just wanted to see Hachi and Nana together again :c
Yes! There is hope that Hachi will find Nana yet!

Seeing as how the Junko's Place Omake is usually interactive with the readers, perhaps we will be able to get more information on the possibilty of any future projects. As I recall, the characters often read fan mail, comment on the storyline, and make announcements (most likely to celebrate the 100th issue or whatever). So, I guess one can say -- at least for me -- that this release feels like more than just a celebratory comic, but a way of communicating to the fans.
Oh gosh even the slightest news on Ai Yazawa's recovery makes my day a little brighter!
I've been rereading a good majority of her works and hearing that she's able to draw
makes me hopeful for good news this year. c: Here's to wishful thinking and lots of
prayers Yazawa's way!

Beloved Dog

I wonder what "Yazawa Island" is... (?)

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

elpantalones

My guess is a magical place where NANA plot line notes lie scattered across a desk top for just anyone to come by and read, and free form doodles that are just pure Yazawa-art are shuffled around and under everything and hugging the papers when you find them is allowed.

Beloved Dog

Milady Alluca
elpantalones

My guess is a magical place where NANA plot line notes lie scattered across a desk top for just anyone to come by and read, and free form doodles that are just pure Yazawa-art are shuffled around and under everything and hugging the papers when you find them is allowed.
Sounds lovely ;__;

Dapper Ladykiller

That's pretty cool. I was always wonder about when it continue again. Now there is some hope that it will. ^^

It was one of my favorite series (besides Monster).

Rich Capitalist

so she's not dead

thank ********

Beloved Dog

Playboy Karasu Uchiha
That's pretty cool. I was always wonder about when it continue again. Now there is some hope that it will. ^^

It's my favorite anime, whereas NANA is my favorite manga. And the 'other version' of each title ranks second smile
elpantalones
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

It's my favorite anime, whereas NANA is my favorite manga. And the 'other version' of each title ranks second smile

Really? That's pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces