• Forum Sophomore 300
is there any anime that is actually better than its manga? ^^

heart heart heart

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
many people consider the Escaflowne anime series to be better than either of the manga versions it got (the longer of the two manga versions, the shonen version, especially gets a lot of hate).
dbz, yu yu hakusho, umm....rosario vampire is better with humor in my opinion. and the ecchi is always better.

in my opinion action is almost always better in anime form.
Anime is better

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Totally depends.

I prefer the D.N.Angel, Pandora Hearts, Sailor Moon, Umineko, Higurashi, Kuroshitsuji, Tokyo Mew Mew, and many others to their anime forms.

If the series is a manga based series that got turned into an anime 70% of the time I'm going to prefer the manga over the anime.

If the series was originally an anime based series that spawned a manga, I'm going to like the anime over the manga.

7,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mmm....nope. The manga is usually the best, but then again we all like to see our hot anime guys/girls move XD
mHiWa
is there any anime that is actually better than its manga? ^^

heart heart heart
i have one word TRUTH

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
DarkGirl13
Totally depends.

I prefer the D.N.Angel, Pandora Hearts, Sailor Moon, Umineko, Higurashi, Kuroshitsuji, Tokyo Mew Mew, and many others to their anime forms.

If the series is a manga based series that got turned into an anime 70% of the time I'm going to prefer the manga over the anime.

If the series was originally an anime based series that spawned a manga, I'm going to like the anime over the manga.
what about when neither the anime or the manga is the original form of the story?

6,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
yuuki_963
mmm....nope. The manga is usually the best, but then again we all like to see our hot anime guys/girls move XD

true enough. ^^ I'd love to watch an anime that is better than its manga.. bokura ga ita, ayashi no ceres, the like, i've both seen the anime and read their manga, but so far, i'd still prefer the storyline in the manga than in the anime. ^^ also la corda d ' oro.

but it sure beats seeing the characters on TV. ^^

heart heart heart

Enduring Regular

Mai HiME. The manga.....*shudders* Sooooo bad.

7,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mHiWa
yuuki_963

true enough. ^^ I'd love to watch an anime that is better than its manga.. bokura ga ita, ayashi no ceres, the like, i've both seen the anime and read their manga, but so far, i'd still prefer the storyline in the manga than in the anime. ^^ also la corda d ' oro.

heart heart heart

hehe, I am obsessed with the drawings in some mangas, the detail beats the anime in most cases i find :3

6,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
yuuki_963
mHiWa
yuuki_963

heart heart heart

hehe, I am obsessed with the drawings in some mangas, the detail beats the anime in most cases i find :3

hmmmm. which would lead me to another question. ^^ is there any anime that actually beats manga in terms of drawings? hehehehehe. awwww.. except of course the gore.. i think it's another story.. somehow, the manga does not quite capture the gore as much as when it is shown in the anime.. *shudders* (and creeped out)

heart heart heart

6,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
DarkGirl13
Totally depends.

uh-huh.. you said it! i do prefer their anime form.. because it's different when you are reading a manga that involves action or scary stuff.. the manga somehow just leave you with your imagination, while the anime will play it for you.. ^^ Sometimes, it's a little funny trying to imagine what they are doing to cause such SFX in the manga..
anime and manga r the same thing but some times they are a little different for each other.

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza
DarkGirl13
Totally depends.

what about when neither the anime or the manga is the original form of the story?

Then it goes to how well the adaption is and how well the animation and music is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff