Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Cat

Any art styles by certain mangakas you like?
Any you don't like?

I know im going to get alot of people disagreeing but, arina tanemura's style is not my cup of tea. I do like her plots though.

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I actually quite like Arina Tanemura's style, it's cute.
Matsuri Hino's art I also really like.
I don't like it when they don't make their noses clear or too big, or big chins... nothing particular. sweatdrop I just need money...

Perfect Cat

ElectricBeat

Matsuri Hino's art is beautiful! *_* However her plots aren't really my cup of tea. Well more like vampire knight isn't my cup of tea, i can't judge her other work too soon, i haven't read it.

Perfect Cat

Misao Harada 1
I don't like it when they don't make their noses clear or too big, or big chins... nothing particular. sweatdrop I just need money...

Fair enough XD

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
xStrawberryTea
ElectricBeat

Matsuri Hino's art is beautiful! *_* However her plots aren't really my cup of tea. Well more like vampire knight isn't my cup of tea, i can't judge her other work too soon, i haven't read it.

I used to really like Vampire Knight but I haven't followed it since I read volume whatever. It got too confusing for me. Her earlier works are more comedic.

Perfect Cat

ElectricBeat
xStrawberryTea
ElectricBeat

I used to really like Vampire Knight but I haven't followed it since I read volume whatever. It got too confusing for me. Her earlier works are more comedic.

I read the manga a little and watched the anime, and honestly, the only thing that had my attention was her art style.
I can say the same thing for black butler, its way more interesting than vampire knight i'll give it that...but then again only the art style grabbed my attention. However i was able finish the anime. In all honesty though, the plot for me, wasn't all that. Just a had vampire knight beat by a point or so.

Bashful Prophet

I like Tanako Ichigo's art style a lot :] I like the styles that have the smaller, less shoujo looking eyes. Usually lankier characters. Smaller chested women. No idea why, that's just what I like 3nodding

Perfect Cat

Alyx_Abducted
I like Tanako Ichigo's art style a lot :] I like the styles that have the smaller, less shoujo looking eyes. Usually lankier characters. Smaller chested women. No idea why, that's just what I like 3nodding

That sounds familiar. Oh i think she did the manga orange, im not sure...But yes, really big glossy starry shojo eyes are too much. I like most art styles for josei manga, more realistic. Like Usagi drop and Nana. Arina tanemura's art is pretty but the eyes...

If a character were to say "I lost my contact lenses" the first thought in my head would be "how is that possible?"

Nice avi too smile

Dapper Loiterer

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

This is going to sound really stupid, but I really hate it when male characters have huge lips.
Usually like in most yaoi manga... it's just.... gross. Or when they have almost triangle sharp
chins. It just looks ridiculous, and I won't even try a manga if the males have those features.
I also really hate manga with huge eyes, like the stuff in a lot of shoujo. It's pretty distracting and
you really loose your sense of immersion in the story with eyes that frickin' massive.

As for stuff that I like, I guess anything done by Kaoru Mori is golden in my book. She draws her
characters really well, and has a wonderful eye for anatomy and detail.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

Perfect Cat

Kimi Doodles

*_* I think i just found a new manga to read! Oh my god! The art is brilliant!
Thankyou for introducing me to this mangaka! heart

Dapper Loiterer

xStrawberryTea
Kimi Doodles

*_* I think i just found a new manga to read! Oh my god! The art is brilliant!
Thankyou for introducing me to this mangaka! heart
â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

She only has two major manga right now, Otoyomegatari and Emma, but they're both really
good. The samples I posted are both from Otoyomegatari, which is a romantic slice-of-life that
takes place in... Turkic Central Asia, I believe? It's got great characters and some good humor too. c:
And no problem! ♥ I wish she had more fans honestly; her art is beautiful.

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

Draconian Raider

26,775 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I like Izumi Tsubaki's style, it's so lovely and clean
Akira Amano, it's so pretty, I ended up buying a KHR 2013 calendar (Although it's more of a bunch of prints with two months per page and numbers down the sides emotion_facepalm )

Arina Tanemura, I'm not a fan, I love the colouring and yes I guess it is beautiful, it's not to my taste though

Perfect Cat

Lagorama
I like Izumi Tsubaki's style, it's so lovely and clean
Akira Amano, it's so pretty, I ended up buying a KHR 2013 calendar (Although it's more of a bunch of prints with two months per page and numbers down the sides emotion_facepalm )

Arina Tanemura, I'm not a fan, I love the colouring and yes I guess it is beautiful, it's not to my taste though

Akira amano is awesome.
And yes, i feel the same way about Arina-san.

Shy Seeker

5,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
I dislike non japanese/korean style.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers