Welcome to Gaia! ::

hello! i'm a yuri and yaoi fan, but I CAN'T FIND GOOD YURI MANGAS!!!!! It seems like they're all made for perv otaku guys, all about big tits and panties and bleh. Does anyone knows a.... fluffy realistic lesbian manga?? Ow and western comics are welcome too.
i have nothing against sex scenes or super fanservice i just want something that is not entirely based on that.

oh, some of what i've read and recommend:
- Prism (Higashiyama Shou): it's super cute!! love the drawing and the characters. heart
- Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep: It's really short, but I liked. :3
- Anything by Yamaji Ebine!! I've read them all and i absolutely loved it. It's kinda like western comics, dunno? It's realistic and have characters that you can relate to. Yeah.
Flag Time: About a girl who can stop the time. Cute!
Manga no Tsukurikata: About a mangaka. It's still releasing tho, and i'd say that it's more shoujo ai than yuri. but i love it too. 4laugh

and, as for western comics, blue is the warmest colour. Yeah it's kinda cliche but the HQ is waaaay better than the movie!
it's tough to find a series that doesn't have any fanservice at all, but I know of a few that only have a little. girl friends is good, and strawberry shake sweet
TipTop10
it's tough to find a series that doesn't have any fanservice at all, but I know of a few that only have a little. girl friends is good, and strawberry shake sweet

Oooh. I love fooood. Ah! 'Scuze me. I'm all drooly again!!
[NPC] Rina
TipTop10

Oooh. I love fooood. Ah! 'Scuze me. I'm all drooly again!!

yea x.x i have nothing against fanservice when there's like a good plot and stuff but they make it all about sex!! crying

oh i'm going to read those! thankxx

Tipsy Prophet

Yuru Yuri!
Kiera Jinx
Yuru Yuri!

thankss!!!

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
I dunno about realistic...

Kashimashi. This one cheats a bit since one of three girls in this love triangle starts off as a guy (he was accidentally killed by aliens--yeah, not exactly realistic--and reconstituted as female).
Maka-Maka. It's an adult title. Not sure if you're of age to be reading it. Nene and Jun, the main characters, make an... interesting pair.
Stray Little Devil. A female devil falls for an female angel. Tries really, really hard to get the angel to be her friend. The natural animosity makes things difficult.
Iono-sama Fanatics. A queen of a never-named European country goes to Japan looking for a black-haired woman to add to her harem. It's a comedy and is actually rather sweet and romantic despite the kidnappings and occasional assassination attempt.

For Western comics, one title comes to mind: Elizabeth Watasin's Charm School. Bunny is a teenaged witch, Dean (female--looks like James Dean) is a vampire. And Fairer-than-Thou is the redheaded fairy that's trying to break them up. It came out years ago, but is now available digitally.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Ever read Aoi Hana? It's a coming-of-age high school girl kind of manga, with a sweet premise. As for ecchi, while it does occasionally (VERY occasionally) mention sexual encounters, it doesn't get really overly graphic/perverted/cheesy, but is more tastefully done, and what is mentioned seems to be perfectly in-line with the age group of the main characters.

Unfortunately, Aoi Hana has not been directly translated into English aside from fan-based scans (at least, last time I checked), which are ever increasingly hard to find online due to copyright wolves. The last time I looked to buy the manga, it was only available in French and Japanese officially.

Which is pretty shitty that they both refuse to market it here AND take down online scans that expose potential new fans to this delightful story, but, eh, who said corporations ever made any sense, eh?

The manga is also now complete, with all volumes published (*cough* somewhere else), so if you can manage to find it online somewhere or happen to know Japanese or French, hoard that content (maybe download it all to a hard drive?) before it disappears again!

I am a big fan of same sex relationships, but find most manga/anime, especially yuri and yaoi, too tropey and cheesy to really get into. Aoi Hana was one of the very few exceptions, albeit not perfect (but what work of art is?).

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Sisterism is alright, though the basis is a little...off.

Basically two friends are in love with each other's younger sister, but it becomes very apparent that they like each other because of reasons. Worth a look IMO.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
sasameki koto is licensed as whispered words. the tranlation is not the best, it's riddled with typos, but it's a lovely story that i read scanlations of and am still buying up because it's so good. it's a class shoujo-ai, so if you like yuri/gl you gotta read it lol *no fanservice, either*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff