Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever had a crush on a cousin?

Yes 0.27093596059113 27.1% [ 55 ]
No 0.72906403940887 72.9% [ 148 ]
Total Votes:[ 203 ]
< 1 2 3 4

I think it's attractive to readers because it's so taboo. Some readers obviously set it as a hard limit, but for more liberal readers I suppose it's sort of a guilty pleasure (for me, at least razz ) Kind of like what if?
I'm not sure but I think theres a manga thats called " I love my little sister" and a live action of that.

Married Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Asking an online community made up almost entirely of teenagers is probably not the best way to get an educated answer to any question regarding sexual practices/preferences, especially regarding such a taboo topic. I suggest doing some research, get your hands (or at least your eyeballs) on some books on the subject, and come to your own conclusion. Not to mention that, for some Gaians, answering/replying to any sexual conversation could become a legal issue due to the original poster's age.

M4D4R4W0LF's Partner

Demonic Apprentice

This is a question that has been getting me curious me for a long time with manga

Anyway, the theme of incest in manga is making me wonder all sorts of questions.

Do people really truly have crushes on cousins or brothers/sisters close in age?

Some people. I mean, sure, usually nothing comes of it. When I was younger, I had a crush on one of my cousins.

Is dating/marriage between cousins OK in Japan law?

Yes. Some families will even encourage it.

Is this more of a fantasy element that is strictly "In fantasy" and since it's artistic-creativity this theme pops up more?

I think that's the case with a lot of the brother-sister stuff. The imōto fantasy seems to be pretty wide spread, but it's just that- A fantasy. I kind of liken it to chicks who call their dudes 'daddy.'

As I'm reading Sankarea (Great manga by the way) and one of the girls is having a crush and seriously is considering her cousin to date.

Fantastic choice. Different cultures all have an 'incest taboo,' and Japan's is much more lax than ours. Cousins dating, marrying, etc is all totally fine to them.

And while I read it, I'm remembering Keitaro's adopted little sister who had a crush on him in Love Hina

I've seen that theme in some American literature too.

I think Ayeka and Tenchi Muyo were related by cousin blood somehow, although its been ages since I read this manga.

More "Non fanservicey" manga topic includes:

Hatsumi Narita and her adopted brother Shinogu from Hot Gimmick

This girl I cannot remember her name but is Irie's cousin in Itatsurana Kiss.

There's the play on for fanservice of the twins in Ouran High Host Club

Fruits Basket....I think it might of been Rin with one of her cousins...the cow guy maybe? Been ages since I read that one too.

There's probably a bunch of others as I'm scanning my shelves. I know theres been the cousin that pops up randomly and messes up the relationship temporarily for main characters too, I can't remember exactly what books though.

Anyway what is peoples thoughts on this?

Personally, this whole topic messes me up. Morally, it's all nasty to me.
I can get the cousin thing, maybe.
But immediate family... Blech.

Yet I keep finding myself reading things like 'I Don't Like You at All Big Brother...!' and Oreimo...
They're just so good!
I don't really like it, but its really up to the author I guess. sweatdrop

Wealthy Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I voted no because of the fact that It is wrong were I come from and look at Egyptians did that (also married their bros/sisters) p.s thats why there was many deformed people in that time. all-in-all I find it sickening and that people that think its ok are just as sickening as the people who do that.

Eternal Otaku

12,325 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Never have I ever seen or been in love/ had a crush on someone blood-related... but that doesn't mean I don't like reading some fictions about them~ heart whee
Everything's permissible in fiction.
Freaking Kaoru and Hikaru Hitachiin heart

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
it sells neutral

Time-traveling Doll

39,175 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Frankly, I am not comfy with that, but it is legal is some countries. I am happy though that none have crossed the line of a child dating their parent. Or that there may not be many of them.

Ruthless Allegiant

I feel the same about incest in manga as I do about incest irl..... Gross.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff