Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Citizen

5,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
I really like this series, and was following it on a regular basses, but it has been a year since it has been updated, does anyone know why, or what is up?

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
The author was pregnant and had her baby, so the series went on hiatus for a year. I heard it will be starting again this year, (or it might have started again, but no one is translating.) Anime News Network posted a few articles on it last year, I think, if you want to read up on it.
Christopher Shotgun
I really like this series, and was following it on a regular basses, but it has been a year since it has been updated, does anyone know why, or what is up?

It's finally back up, chapter 52 is out
Deadman Wonderland was cool in the beginning, but then it felt like they were being over the top with everything. And the long hiatus didn't help, obviously. Do you guys think the end of it is finally near or are they just going to keep stretching it on and on?
Junno Kurogane
Deadman Wonderland was cool in the beginning, but then it felt like they were being over the top with everything. And the long hiatus didn't help, obviously. Do you guys think the end of it is finally near or are they just going to keep stretching it on and on?

its def gotten worse, but meh I'll finish it
Junno Kurogane

Clearly female mangaka shouldn't have maternity leave. They should breastfeed and draw at the same time.

emotion_eyebrow
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Junno Kurogane

Clearly female mangaka shouldn't have maternity leave. They should breastfeed and draw at the same time.

emotion_eyebrow

...What? I never said anything like that. There are women who go back into their work shortly after giving birth. Some decide to do it and others decide against it; it's a personal choice and neither group should be looked down upon for their choice. If Kataoka-sensei thought she wanted to spend time with her newborn and her family instead of working on the manga, good on her! It really is great that she's putting her family and her desires first and foremost. I mean, I'm betting it wouldn't be easy trying to do both at the same time, even if it isn't literally at the same time. Drawing/writing for a manga is hard enough without the added responsibilities of caring for a child and for yourself after childbirth.

But even if I think she did good in making that decision and I do understand what it means, it still doesn't change the fact that such a long hiatus does have a negative effect on the project. Deadman Wonderland isn't the only manga that has gone on hiatus because of its artists/writers; CLAMP alone has a considerable number of works that have been halted because of a hiatus, and even permanently stopped.
Junno Kurogane
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Junno Kurogane

emotion_eyebrow

...What? I never said anything like that. There are women who go back into their work shortly after giving birth. Some decide to do it and others decide against it; it's a personal choice and neither group should be looked down upon for their choice. If Kataoka-sensei thought she wanted to spend time with her newborn and her family instead of working on the manga, good on her! It really is great that she's putting her family and her desires first and foremost. I mean, I'm betting it wouldn't be easy trying to do both at the same time, even if it isn't literally at the same time. Drawing/writing for a manga is hard enough without the added responsibilities of caring for a child and for yourself after childbirth.

But even if I think she did good in making that decision and I do understand what it means, it still doesn't change the fact that such a long hiatus does have a negative effect on the project. Deadman Wonderland isn't the only manga that has gone on hiatus because of its artists/writers; CLAMP alone has a considerable number of works that have been halted because of a hiatus, and even permanently stopped.

I was being sarcastic. You reacted nicely, sir. You've got a good head on your shoulders.

Yes, I enjoyed the first half of DW. The series itself has great and interesting characters but a weak story supporting it. All in all, I hope it ends alright. I'm sure it can last as long as Future Diary at least.

Friendly Citizen

5,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
silvermage9
i want to read this manga
is it good?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes, I recommend it, I normally don't read action oriented mangas, but I really enjoyed reading it and it was tough to have to wait a year for it to come back. That is just a testament that I kept checking on it throughout the year, and it is funny that almost as soon as I found out what had happened, that a new chapter came out.

Anxious Gekko

after i accepted that it was one of those mangas that never got updated because the mangaka... uhh.. got tired or busy or just suddenly disappeard.. then ITS UPDATED~~~ heart heart heart
but then again.. i kinda predicted how the story would go... but nevertheless~ i'm still happy that its updated XD

Bashful Genius

I like the series, even though it was obvious who Red Man would be. I didn't understand why a random girl was thrown in, in the later chapters, to emphasize how Toto's body was used as a vessel.
I'm just waiting to see if it ends in a few chapters or else I'd be mad that it'll get extended just to have more plot D:< There should be a time where it has to stop at some point.

Invisible Humorist

NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Junno Kurogane
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Junno Kurogane

emotion_eyebrow

I was being sarcastic. You reacted nicely, sir. You've got a good head on your shoulders.

Yes, I enjoyed the first half of DW. The series itself has great and interesting characters but a weak story supporting it. All in all, I hope it ends alright. I'm sure it can last as long as Future Diary at least.

...Mirai Nikki?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces