Welcome to Gaia! ::

My only question is if anyone else is disappointed with the D.Gray-Man series right now. I mean, the anime comes to a sudden conclusion and then the manga ends on a cliff hanger... I know there is a reason but still my patience isn't my strongest virtue.
not really, I'm just disappointed that the anime was cut off and didn't continue when the manga kept going. It's kind of like what happened to 07 ghost and fruits basket
I'm more disappointed her art style lost its uniqueness between characters.
Mana,14th (whose name escapes me atm), their mother, Tyki, and Kanda all look extremely similar now...

I don't mind the hiatuses so much. I actually prefer to read by volume, so I'm used to waiting long periods of time for the next installment.

Story-wise I haven't noticed any decline.
The gap is irritating for me since I want to find out about Neah and Rhode... the art changed per the righters request but only for the Noah as far as I know.

4,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Setzeral
The gap is irritating for me since I want to find out about Neah and Rhode... the art changed per the righters request but only for the Noah as far as I know.

I agree about the gap being irritating but I'm not to sure about the art change, though the Noah do resemble each other.....
after I read the latest chapters I take it back and say yes I'm a little disappointed, I mean allen is being taken over by the 14 no matter how much he fights it's hard to see so much pain going on and for how many chapters now?

Polkadot Pocky's Partner In Crime

Anxious Shapeshifter

I'm not irritated.
Since I found D.Gray-Man it's so far one of the only series I've become attached to in a a major way. If anything, I admire Hoshino butt-tons. Despite having a weak immune system and having to relearn how to draw after injuring her wrist she keeps going as hard as she can.

Frankly, I'd rather put up with hiatuses, breaks, and waits if it means Hoshino can some day finish D.Gray-Man in a way that she is happy with. After injuring herself she could have stopped, she could have ended D.Gray-Man then. She's had ample opportunity to do so since it started. It's clearly a labour of love for her, and it's impressive that she intends to see it through fully.

I'm just as invested in the story and characters as when I first started reading it, so that hasn't changed at all for me.

As far as the anime is concerned it was probably for the best that it stopped. The last episode fell when D.Gray-Man was just coming out of a large break. There wasn't much material beyond what the show covered, and the manga was moved to a monthly release. If the show had continued it would have had to go to filler, or spin off onto it's own plot. After that break, D.Gray-Man also got quite plot heavy, what with Cross, and the 14th. A spinoff plot might have went well, but it also could have gone badly. I'm perfectly ok with it ending off where it did.

...I got a bit long winded there.
sweatdrop
I just enjoy it a lot, and have now fooooor...almost 7 years now.

Alien Loiterer

wait, so is the manga not gonna start up again?
I'm pretty sure all the hiatuses are due to Hoshino's random heath issues...
It's an amazing series but there hasn't been a new chapter in months...
Hikaki
I'm not irritated.
Since I found D.Gray-Man it's so far one of the only series I've become attached to in a a major way. If anything, I admire Hoshino butt-tons. Despite having a weak immune system and having to relearn how to draw after injuring her wrist she keeps going as hard as she can.

Frankly, I'd rather put up with hiatuses, breaks, and waits if it means Hoshino can some day finish D.Gray-Man in a way that she is happy with. After injuring herself she could have stopped, she could have ended D.Gray-Man then. She's had ample opportunity to do so since it started. It's clearly a labour of love for her, and it's impressive that she intends to see it through fully.

I'm just as invested in the story and characters as when I first started reading it, so that hasn't changed at all for me.

As far as the anime is concerned it was probably for the best that it stopped. The last episode fell when D.Gray-Man was just coming out of a large break. There wasn't much material beyond what the show covered, and the manga was moved to a monthly release. If the show had continued it would have had to go to filler, or spin off onto it's own plot. After that break, D.Gray-Man also got quite plot heavy, what with Cross, and the 14th. A spinoff plot might have went well, but it also could have gone badly. I'm perfectly ok with it ending off where it did.

...I got a bit long winded there.
sweatdrop
I just enjoy it a lot, and have now fooooor...almost 7 years now.

I see what you're saying and I'm glad that Hoshino is keeping up her health but my issue was that I kept up on the series for a long time but then I stopped reading due to personal issues. By the time I got back into D.Gray-Man three years had passed so I was expecting to at least know what really happened to Cross because I really don't think he died... As for the story in general, Hoshino's characters are amaizing and I feel that I wouldn't like D.Gray-Man if it wasn't for that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff