Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Dangerous Sex Symbol

******** Aizen....

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Loud, creaking engine noises are coming from my head, now... this chapter feels like some sort of bad fanfiction.

I suppose this does make some sense, since we know nothing of the captains between when Shinji and the others were turned into Vizards. I was kinda hoping we wouldn't have to deal with any more of Aizen's bullshit, though... but, again, this makes sense if he knew "everything about Ichigo's life", I'm guessing he'll have something to do with Isshin getting injured and being saved by Masaki.

Also, hey, I was right. Kenpachi just offed a random Shinigami and stole his Asauchi.

Clean Member

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Holy s**t. I didn't entirely believe it myself until now. Damn, first time a theory I talk about is proven true and it's not even mine mad Just got into the Bleach subreddit, the guys there come up with some good stuff. If even half of it is true then maybe Kubo isn't the glue-eating manchild we all thought he was
Unfavoured Guest
Holy s**t. I didn't entirely believe it myself until now. Damn, first time a theory I talk about is proven true and it's not even mine mad Just got into the Bleach subreddit, the guys there come up with some good stuff. If even half of it is true then maybe Kubo isn't the glue-eating manchild we all thought he was

But is it considered lazy writing if Kubo takes advantage of Aizen the plot puncher? It's pretty clear what he seems to be setting up. How come nobody seems to remember Isshin? (Despite the fact that from what I can recall, Isshin never fought around, near, or in front of anybody from the Gotei 13 and he wasn't wearing his undetectable gigai at the time of the Fake Karakura Arc.) Undetectable/untraceable gigai aside, I'm betting that Aizen used his shikai to basically retgone Isshin out of the memory of everyone in Soul Society except Aizen & Co. and Urahara of course. The special gigai is just so grunts won't run into Isshin and suspect anything. Everyone seems to be able to recognize other people's reiatsu and point out who they are a la DBZ.

PFFT. Aizen might as well as be Ichigo's godfather or something. I would not be surprised at all if Aizen set up Masaki and Isshin's meeting; weakening Isshin possibly.
I know they never met on screen face-to-face, so there's that excuse, but I'm a little bothered that Hitsugaya and Rangiku, as well as other people who would have been present in SS and the G13 were all inside and hanging around Isshin's house for a while between arcs and no one seemed to notice him being the long lost 10th division captain. You'd think there'd be some signs of Isshin lying around, photos and stuff, if not Isshin himself being in the house at some point.

Also, did Kubo just redesign Tousen AGAIN? He's given that man something like half a dozen different character models over the series and he's giving him a new one even after he's dead? Poor Gin only ever had his kid form, lieutenant form, captain form, and the white robes from after they left SS. And all those had the same hair. Hell, even Aizen hasn't had as many different appearances as Tousen.

Clean Member

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yeah, between sensing his reiatsu at Fake Karakura and being in his house, there's no way Hitsugaya and Matsumoto could have avoided Isshin in the present. And the reintroduction of Aizen in this flashback makes it obvious he'll be involved in Isshin's disappearance from SS. But I don't think that's lazy writing. He's solving a mystery by involving an old character, if anything that shows planning. But it is cheap writing, just like everytime something doesn't make sense and Aizen is to blame. A character with the ability to retcon will keep the plot running, but no one's going to like it.
The Man in the Gimp Suit
I know they never met on screen face-to-face, so there's that excuse, but I'm a little bothered that Hitsugaya and Rangiku, as well as other people who would have been present in SS and the G13 were all inside and hanging around Isshin's house for a while between arcs and no one seemed to notice him being the long lost 10th division captain. You'd think there'd be some signs of Isshin lying around, photos and stuff, if not Isshin himself being in the house at some point.

Also, did Kubo just redesign Tousen AGAIN? He's given that man something like half a dozen different character models over the series and he's giving him a new one even after he's dead? Poor Gin only ever had his kid form, lieutenant form, captain form, and the white robes from after they left SS. And all those had the same hair. Hell, even Aizen hasn't had as many different appearances as Tousen.

That's why I think Aizen likely wiped Isshin from Soul Society's memory just to make a Quincy/Shinigami/Hollow hybrid.

And can't a man just own over a dozen pairs of sunglasses?

User Image

Maybe those are his secret hollowification glasses since he seems to be operating a complex computer terminal ... while Aizen and Gin are just watching him work.
Unfavoured Guest
NETORAREMAN
Unfavoured Guest
Also am I the only one who hadn't even considered he was a Shiba?

People likely consider that posibility just because of the whole Ichigo/Kaien similarity. It would be amusing if Isshin turns out to be Kukaku's cousin or something.

Not just the Ichigo/Kaien similarity. I see an Isshin/Ganju similarity. Also the Shibas were a noble house in SS until some sort of disgrace to their clan. If Isshin was a Captain the only explanation for him seemingly being wiped from SS records is a disgrace (a Shinigami Captain marrying a Quincy woman could be shameful enough for the Shibas to lose their position as a noble house) or an Aizen-style illuson for a few decades, but let's hope that's not the case. Someone on another forum pointed out to me that between the Pendulum Arc and the present the only Captain unaccounted for is a Shiba Captain that went missing. I haven't checked back through the chapters to verify that but it sounds plausible. Also the reveal that Kurosaki is actually Masaki's maiden name is obviously preparing us to find out Isshin's surname. It all fits together pretty well. The only unbelievable part is that Kubo could plan something this well...

Nope, not true. While it is true that the only division with no captain represented or shown in Turn Back the Pendulum was the 10th Division, it never spoke of nor hinted at the identity of the captain. It only said that the 10th Division captain met with an untimely demise.

Aizen is indeed just too fake. You'd think that I'd be happy to see shinigami Aizen but I'm not.

As for Tousen, that man has had over nine different costumes up until the climax of the arrancar arc; I counted. I figure he keeps getting new looks because I think I read that Tousen is Kubo's favorite character to draw. I definitely know that he and Kenpachi both have the most difficult hair for him to draw. In that case, maybe it's a challenge. He does appear to have the most fashion sense of any captain, (save Kyouraku rofl ), which of course was/is decided by Kubo, who we all know is somewhat interested in fashion and design.

No one cares enough about Aizen for him to have multiple designs; I think those fake and nasty "4th-dimensional superior being" transformations were bad enough. And as for Gin, forget about it!.

Rolla, Kenpachi took the sword; it didn't say and doesn't imply he killed the guy to do so. In fact, the guy looked dead when he took it, which could mean he simply took it since he was dead or after he died, and likely wouldn't have fought an armed person without a weapon.
Tousen was remarkably preoccupied with how he looked for a man who supposedly couldn't see for most of his existence.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

NETORAREMAN

And can't a man just own over a dozen pairs of sunglasses?
My reply to this is: Ask Kanye West.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Wow, I wonder how long it took for Hitsugaya to take that spot. Dude! I didn't think Isshin would look that cute! o-o
Sorry I haven't been contacting (Even though some people don't care) I've just been busy and my internet went down. :/
But I surprised how this is going. Jeez Aizen how many secrets do you got?! gonk

Romantic Lunatic

I always did want to know what went down after the Pendulum Arc....makes sense that he'd want to keep tabs on all involved after they left the dimension.

@Tousen being the only one working: maybe they just like seeing how he figures out how to do things...it never did make sense half the crap he did, supposedly being blind... stuff you can write off with "being able to feel the Force" or w/e it was. Looking through binoculars at the Menos, playing chess with Barrangan (though I guess he could have just groped the pieces after every turn to make sure he wasn't cheating) and now a computer? Unless it reads to him.. but that would still be a really sucky, time consuming way to get anything done.

I am entirely too amused by Rangiku having to be that guy's fukutaichou (omg I couldn't spell the English word) "It broke because of her" rofl

It could be some mass mind bending thing that made him nonexistent in the eyes of Soul Society. Didn't he say something about his powers having only recently come back? Either to Ryuuken or Ichigo, I dunno.

-this reminds me of a comic about Aizen and Ichigo. Aizen does his "I've watched you your whole life" line, Ichigo goes"you mean since I was a baby?!" Aizen: "No, I saw you being made"

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Wow! I miss Masaki. I thought we'd see more of her next Chapter, but I guess we eventually will. Isshin as a Shiba? No surprise there.

But Rangiku as his VC?

User Image

Yah, that was a shocker.

And Rangiku has changed so much! She was so responsible before! And Isshin and the way he was handling Toushiro. So cute! 4laugh

Who else thought younger looking Isshin was hott?

And how'd Ichigo feel knowing he's related to Ganju? LOL .

And Aizen.

User Image
M a h z a l a
And Rangiku has changed so much! She was so responsible before! And Isshin and the way he was handling Toushiro. So cute! 4laugh

Who else thought younger looking Isshin was hott?

User Image

I never thought Kubo would actually make me laugh. emotion_0A0

Romantic Lunatic

This whole chapter had me laughing.

Maybe whatever happened made her like she is now. Or with Toushiro in charge, she could just do what she'd been meaning to do the whole time (hinted by Isshin)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff