I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Friendly Bear

Kenpachi IS stronger than Unohana, but i was hoping that wasn't true xd
As said in the manga, fearing that he would lose a worthy opponent, Kenpachi subconsciously limits his powers.
Unohana is there so Kenpachi can break that limit, kill her and surpass her.
and yeah, they better show us why and how Kenpachi is stronger than Unohana... one hit KO enemies?

but seriously, couldn't they just let Unohana be injured badly, or something, and then let her heal up and join the battle against... uh...forgot their enemy's names..uh...the nazi looking people...? xD
i really want to see Unohana in a battle against one of their enemies.

@doc - thanks

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
The title of Kenpachi is granted to the strongest swordsman in Soul Society for a reason. Unohana is probably the only person that retired from the title. But that means that the second Kenpachi was no slouch with swordsmanship either. And each subsequent Kenpachi after that was killed by the successor, so each one after the second was better. It's only natural that someone had troubles with in the past, who is now fully grown and proven he's able to take the Kenpachi title, can be stronger.

Like Unohana said, he's subconsciously holding himself back to get a rise out of his fights. He only gets stronger when he's on the brink of death, because his subconscious lifts those limits so he can still have fun but not die.

Plus, who's to say that Unohana hasn't gotten rusty in the 1000 years she hasn't fought? Judging from how loyal she was to Yamamoto's last orders, he probably never wanted her to fight.

And I can imagine the whole "one of them needs to die" thing is just for the sake of drama. Kenpachi always spares the ones that he fights unless they try to keep fighting him after he's spared them. And I'm pretty sure that Kenpachi won't kill her even if she does that out of respect for her.
NEEDS MORE GYOZAS: Fine.

Guys, I actually don't think it was the case that all holders of the title 'Kenpachi' save Unohana killed their predecessor to get their spot other than Zaraki and his predecessor Kiganjo, who was apparently the Kenpachi during the events of Turn Back the Pendulum. Kiganjo killed his predecessor, about whom Love said to place the blame of Kiganjo's captaincy on since he was "inept" enough to let that happen, and then sometime later Zaraki showed up and killed Kiganjo for his spot at the top of the 11th Division, about which Tousen complained during his time as captain of the 9th.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Whoa!! OoO
Kenpachi as a kid! Weird...! O-o

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I just realized, didn't Kenpachi say that he had never felt himself lose consciousness during a battle except for the first time he fought her?
Why would he have been losing consciousness/healed by Unohana during his first battle with her? She shouldn't have had any reason to do that, considering he was already 'stronger' than her
And also.. Like I said before I think Kenpachi will win, but I'm still holding onto the idea that Kubo will keep them both alive.. I seriously just don't think he has the guts for it T:
Captain Mom is a brocon.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I seriously feel a little awkward about shipping Unohana with Kenpachi now. confused I've always shipped it as crack in the beginning, and when we saw that they indeed were close with each other made me so happy, blaugh but leave it to shounen manga to mess it up for me and make him a kid when he met her. xp

LOL

Romantic Lunatic

M a h z a l a
I seriously feel a little awkward about shipping Unohana with Kenpachi now. confused I've always shipped it as crack in the beginning, and when we saw that they indeed were close with each other made me so happy, blaugh but leave it to shounen manga to mess it up for me and make him a kid when he met her. xp

LOL

*works the fan-logic*

BUT!!

-Something about how they age at very different rates depending on the individual (in a place where that happens it makes sense that it wouldn't be such a big deal after everybody is grown)

-and nothing happening while a kid

it could still work..kinda.. like someone who admired someone higher than them but after reaching a similar level, changing from admiration. *shrugs*

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PotionsPet
M a h z a l a

LOL

*works the fan-logic*

BUT!!

-Something about how they age at very different rates depending on the individual (in a place where that happens it makes sense that it wouldn't be such a big deal after everybody is grown)

-and nothing happening while a kid

it could still work..kinda.. like someone who admired someone higher than them but after reaching a similar level, changing from admiration. *shrugs*
Yah I guess it does. hehe. It's just that I had suddenly thought she was like some strict mom to him when reading the chapter. XD

Golden Spark

Wouldn't be surprised if Kenpachi beats Unohana in the end.
Smh.

Kenpachi's not even the best swordsman, and yet Unohana claims he's better than her.

Also, the Unohana probably chose to christen herself the title Kenpachi (剣) as a way of referencing her own original, given name Yachiru (千流), e.g. one who knows 8000 styles via the use of 8, e.g. all, swords. The number 8 here is likely meant to be a symbol of totality.

Here's something that's been on my mind for a while: can anyone understand how deep the Gotei was when they had everyone back at the start of the series? I mean they had Yamamoto, Aizen, and - now that we know what she is capable of - Unohana in addition to people like Kyouraku and Ukitake, Hitsugaya, Kuchiki, and Zaraki. It's no wonder that Soul Society was as guarded and impenetrable as it was. Honestly, I'd take the series-started Gotei 13 over the current one, except for maybe Kensei and Tousen; I'd probably swap those two.

Romantic Lunatic

doc olden
Smh.

Kenpachi's not even the best swordsman, and yet Unohana claims he's better than her.

Also, the Unohana probably chose to christen herself the title Kenpachi (剣) as a way of referencing her own original, given name Yachiru (千流), e.g. one who knows 8000 styles via the use of 8, e.g. all, swords. The number 8 here is likely meant to be a symbol of totality.

^_^ Cool, that's something we probably wouldn't have gotten, the play on characters. It's one of the things that usually gets overlooked if a character doesn't mention it or it's not used a lot in the story visually.

M a h z a l a
Yah I guess it does. hehe. It's just that I had suddenly thought she was like some strict mom to him when reading the chapter. XD

It's like when I get a hold of art/fics with a something like a Kyouraku/Nanao pairing.. If you don't switch around the mental fandom/ head-canon a bit for each case it could get creepy. For that pairing alone, sometimes it could be an actual pairing, or co-workers, or almost familial.. and gods help your brain if you start confusing them from piece to piece. xp

Being that in the TBtP arc she was a tiny tiny lil runt, it's comparable.
doc olden
Smh.

I thought she was referring to raw strength and potential. It had nothing to do with swordsmanship and skill at all. Kenpachi's power level was just too goddamn high.

Zaraki has the skill of an 8-year-old hitting things with a stick on the playground.

Well until Yamaji apparently forced kendo on him.

Romantic Lunatic

NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
doc olden
Smh.

I thought she was referring to raw strength and potential. It had nothing to do with swordsmanship and skill at all. Kenpachi's power level was just too goddamn high.

Zaraki has the skill of an 8-year-old hitting things with a stick on the playground.

One kendo stance. XD It'd be crazy if he actually knew proper swordsmanship.. It's one thing with that 8 yr old hitting things with the stick.. wait til that kid learns where and how to hit.
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
doc olden
Smh.

She probably was but my point was in saying that the on thing he has, swordsmanship, doesn't even rank among the best in the captain-class.

There's no way she can call herself stronger than anyone except Kenpachi in terms of raw strength or potential either.

Potential is vacuous; as it stands one who has all the potential in the world and one who's realized their potential are incomparable. Just as Kyouraku told Stark back in the day that Hitsugaya would likely in time pass him in strength, as it stood then and there Kyouraku was stronger than Hitsugaya. Does Hitsugaya have even greater potential than Kyouraku? Probably so given Kyouraku willfully acknowledged the boy's skill. However, Hitsugaya is not better than Kyouraku.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff