Taigaa-tono
Kenny's a saiyan. Hahaha.
I was just about to say that! XD

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Wow, what a chapter. I actually thought that Kubo would do Kenpachis training "behind the scenes", but he's showing it after all. Seeing Kenpachi cry was totally unexpected. cry

User Image

The vice captians and how they felt was also very interesting. Isane was crying because it's obvious she really looks up to and respects her captan, but Yachiru didn't seem to shed a tear. despite being "younger" she was more composed. surprised

I'm still wondering about the "sin" that Unohana was thinking about. I'm looking forward to what it was that she did, and I'm also interested to knowing how and why she ended up becoming a healer after being a blood thirsty killer.

User Image
Son of Providence
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Son of Providence
Not much happening in this one, except elaborating a bit on the Kenpachi-Unohana connection as well as more of Kubo's improving artwork. Seriously, it's like now he only does this job mainly for the art.

And Ken cried.

Gee, I can't wait for next month's month-long flashback. That's how long it's probably going to take knowing Kubo.

KUBO'S EDITOR: THIS IS THE FINAL STORY ARC BUT HOW MUCH PADDING CAN WE ADD TO IT. WE NEED MORE FLASHBACKS AND MORE TRAINING MONTAGES WITH THE FULLBRINGERS AND ICHIGO'S FRIENDS + GRIMMJOW.

I've read my fair share of manly series and I while I do see Kenpachi shedding tears, I felt that Kubo's build up of it was a bit... lackluster. I mean we're talking about a guy who practically prides himself on his independence and self-reliance. For a such a strong man to shed tears, you'd think it'd taking something catastrophic to make him even bat an eyelash in somber.

I agree with on the flashback length and the editor's part in most matters. Especially when it comes to long winded shounen titles, editors always have a part to play in extending the story. As a matter off fact, I noticed that this arc is no longer than 'The Thousand Year Blood War' arc and is now called the 'Reioukyuu' arc instead.

Kenny crying made me cringe. I said, "Oh, Oh God. What is this? It doesn't even look real", when he began shedding tears.

UNOHANA FOREVER. Forget Kenpachi; if someone needs to die, it should and had better be him. As you can guess, I was hoping he would be dead when Unohana shoved that tachi through his throat twisted

Also, I didn't know she was wielding two weapons. I thought for a moment her sword broke off in Kenpachi's shoulder. I thought, "damn, he's not really an arrancar!". Anyways, if Kenpachi could lay the smackdown on Nnoitra with a couple swipes of kendo, and Unohana's specialty is in kendo and she's way more experienced than he is, then imagine what'll happen if she pulls out the stops.

Aged Gaian

Does anyone think that the nature of Unohana's blade prevents her from doing any genuine harm?
Her sword is just a giant healing based sword, so I'm almost inclined to believe that her sword slashes and heals, or does minimal damage :/

Then again, I also believe that Unohana changed the nature of her sword (or changed her sword entirely) to properly suit her dormant lifestyle.

If Unohana is as bloodthirsty and evil as Kyouraku claims she was, there's no way she'd give birth to a sword that is healing based. A swordsman who knows 8000 different sword styles, is supposedly formerly bloodthirsty and evil, that has a healing sword?
Give me a break.

If Minazuki doesn't show an insane side I'll be confused

Romantic Lunatic

Taigaa-tono
Kenny's a saiyan. Hahaha.

Was thinking the same thing. xp

doc olden

Also, I didn't know she was wielding two weapons. I thought for a moment her sword broke off in Kenpachi's shoulder. I thought, "damn, he's not really an arrancar!". Anyways, if Kenpachi could lay the smackdown on Nnoitra with a couple swipes of kendo, and Unohana's specialty is in kendo and she's way more experienced than he is, then imagine what'll happen if she pulls out the stops.

Sorta same, except my thought was "what the heck broke off in his shoulder?!" Then did a few double takes.

I wonder how many deaths he'll have to experience before he gets serious about fighting.. there's enjoying a fight and there's getting it done.

I had a mini image of him going after bugs with a sword. xd
---

If Ouetsu is freaking over Renji and Ichigo, imagine how he'd react if given the chance to "chat" with Aizen over treatment of zanpakutou.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Poor Yachiru-chan and Isane-san. cry
M a h z a l a
Wow, what a chapter. I actually thought that Kubo would do Kenpachis training "behind the scenes", but he's showing it after all. Seeing Kenpachi cry was totally unexpected. cry

User Image

The vice captians and how they felt was also very interesting. Isane was crying because it's obvious she really looks up to and respects her captan, but Yachiru didn't seem to shed a tear. despite being "younger" she was more composed. surprised

I'm still wondering about the "sin" that Unohana was thinking about. I'm looking forward to what it was that she did, and I'm also interested to knowing how and why she ended up becoming a healer after being a blood thirsty killer.

User Image

I can see Yachiru not crying. She was practically raised by the 11th Division, which I feel are predominantly testosterone-driven males. However, she did have on that somber look that anime characters have during depressing moments.

doc olden

Tell me about it. As I've stated before, Kubo's build-up lacked momentum, which kind of lead to this awkward moment of Kenpachi shedding tears. With just the right development, Kenny could have shed MANLY TEARS. You may not know this, but even Yujiro Hanma himself shed a tear once, though his case was far more justified than Kenpachi.

Funny you should bring up Ouetsu, doc. I feel that the entire zanpakutou forging process is quite similar to the concept of Fullbring. No wonder the series kept insisiting they were Hollow-based powers due to their reiatsu. Since it's more than likely Ichigo and Renji will survive this ordeal of theirs, would you say that the chances of seeing Zangetsu and possibly even Hollow Ichigo might increase?

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I don't think I've missed any chapters or anything but for some reason this is really confusing to me
Maybe I forgot something important
Like.. Why do they have to fight to the death? Wasn't it supposed to be some sort of training? I mean really, they need everyone they can get to fight the quincies = c= I'm guessing it's some pride thing but I dunno.
And what's that about Unohana's brother?

I was actually expecting Kenpachi to start crying, but at the same time I hadn't expected it because I expected that Kubo didn't want to draw something that would be expected in that kind of situation..
If anyone gets my drift = w=
Probably not
Son of Providence
would you say that the chances of seeing Zangetsu and possibly even Hollow Ichigo might increase?

I would say it is infinitely increase, but not necessarily for the reason you proposed: it's Ichigo and Renji! They will invariably retrieve the spirits of their swords because they are the series two biggest hunk-mainstays, not counting Byakuya. The real question, in my humble opinion, is whether or not those two will have upgrades to their zanpakuto, because God knows they need them (ESPECIALLY ICHIGO).

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Artiistic
I don't think I've missed any chapters or anything but for some reason this is really confusing to me
Like.. Why do they have to fight to the death? Wasn't it supposed to be some sort of training? I mean really, they need everyone they can get to fight the quincies = c= I'm guessing it's some pride thing but I dunno.

I was actually expecting Kenpachi to start crying, but at the same time I hadn't expected it because I expected that Kubo didn't want to draw something that would be expected in that kind of situation..
Probably not
It's two people who, at their core, are blood-thirsty killers. Putting the two of them in a place where they can fight freely without hurting anyone else? They're bound to kill each other just through the training alone.

Romantic Lunatic

Simply Rolla
It's two people who, at their core, are blood-thirsty killers. Putting the two of them in a place where they can fight freely without hurting anyone else? They're bound to kill each other just through the training alone.

Especially since they seem to have a bone to pick with each other.

Generous Explorer

28,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
with Unohana's healing powers she can kill him over & over again- just heal him back between kills. That could be part of a sadistic backstory- perhaps she used to hack victims to death over & over again- how many times could she kill the same poor guy, then bring him back only to do it again?
Pretty sure she didn't become Retsu until after she was captain/trained by Kirinji. So back in the day she probably just killed her foes.

Also, why would she heal him over and over again? As I've, and others apparently, have been saying, there's no way a fight between them would end in his favor. If she could heal people back from grievous injuries why wouldn't she heal herself from injuries sustained from fighting Kenpachi? No way she goes down straight-up/logically/fairly.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Simply Rolla
Artiistic

Probably not

Ah that makes sense too
I get the feeling that either Kenpachi will win, or Kubo isn't going to be brave enough to kill them both off
He couldn't even properly kill off Byakuya o_e

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces