H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Romantic Lunatic

He is learning something.. I had to go back to the chapter before this one to double check.

In a top panel the page before she talks about his fights with Ichigo and Nnoitra, he says that "before he was reacting to the sword but now he's doing it by reflex"

So even if it's not obvious amongst what sap you're going to get out of these two, he is learning, or at least having his fighting technique tweaked.
Simply Rolla
The Man in the Gimp Suit
So then what exactly was taught or learned about "The Art of Killing" from this random aside? Was "The Art of Killing" just that she got him to stop holding back a bit? If anything you'd think this whole climax to his life would just make him hold back even more since he'd probably be under the impression that he'll never have another even match again. Plus, who is there for him to fight anyhow? He can't fight Bach, that's Ichigo's job. For all the build up Kubo tried to put into this idea of Zaraki finally realizing his full potential, it doesn't seem like Kubo actually has any kind of end all destination in mind for this subplot.
Nononono...

I understand it now. Kenpachi got his rocks off by Fighting not Killing. Kenpachi loves to prolong fights by weakening himself, as seen by his eye patch and the bells he used to wear in his hair. The point of this was for Kenpachi to figure out that Killing is more fun than Fighting.

As for who he's meant to fight... well, Ichigo will take down Juha Bach, that's a given, but it was shown that his subordinate was far beyond Ichigo since he just broke his Bankai without trying. My guess is that Kenpachi will fight against him.

It's a possibility, but I doubt it. I find it more likely that Ichigo will first fight against the subordinate before fighting against Juha. I mean, it's all a pattern really. Ichigo 'establishes' a rivalry with an enemy who is a bishounen as well as being a powerful enemy subordinate. The Soul Society arc had him fight off against Byakuya, while the Hueco Mundo arc painted Ulquiorra as his rival (I think of Grimmjow's as being more like the Arrancar equivalent to Ichigo vs Renji in terms of presentation). At least that's how I see thing.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Son of Providence
Simply Rolla
The Man in the Gimp Suit
So then what exactly was taught or learned about "The Art of Killing" from this random aside? Was "The Art of Killing" just that she got him to stop holding back a bit? If anything you'd think this whole climax to his life would just make him hold back even more since he'd probably be under the impression that he'll never have another even match again. Plus, who is there for him to fight anyhow? He can't fight Bach, that's Ichigo's job. For all the build up Kubo tried to put into this idea of Zaraki finally realizing his full potential, it doesn't seem like Kubo actually has any kind of end all destination in mind for this subplot.
Nononono...

I understand it now. Kenpachi got his rocks off by Fighting not Killing. Kenpachi loves to prolong fights by weakening himself, as seen by his eye patch and the bells he used to wear in his hair. The point of this was for Kenpachi to figure out that Killing is more fun than Fighting.

As for who he's meant to fight... well, Ichigo will take down Juha Bach, that's a given, but it was shown that his subordinate was far beyond Ichigo since he just broke his Bankai without trying. My guess is that Kenpachi will fight against him.

It's a possibility, but I doubt it. I find it more likely that Ichigo will first fight against the subordinate before fighting against Juha. I mean, it's all a pattern really. Ichigo 'establishes' a rivalry with an enemy who is a bishounen as well as being a powerful enemy subordinate. The Soul Society arc had him fight off against Byakuya, while the Hueco Mundo arc painted Ulquiorra as his rival (I think of Grimmjow's as being more like the Arrancar equivalent to Ichigo vs Renji in terms of presentation). At least that's how I see thing.

Lol I just realized that's so true
Before he goes to the 'big bad boss' he's pretty much always fought the 'powerful enemy suboordinate'
Ah and don't forget he had to fight Tsukishima before fighting Ginjou.. And actually, I think Byakuya was the boss in the soul society arc(Considering it revolved around him defeating Byakuya..) and Renji was the rival
I always saw Grimmjow as Zaraki's arrancar counterpart. (Come on, Son, you gotta give Grimmjow a little more credit than comparing him to Renji lol)

Ichigo's also established rivalries against those who aren't bishounen, e.g. Ikkaku. And I wouldn't really consider Byakuya a bishounen subordinate; I'd save that for Renji. Sure he's neither the head captain nor the villain but the enemy of the Ichigo crew were the captains, and the principal enemy captain was Byakuya Kuchiki (before Aizen's revelation and discounting Zaraki). He was the one to truly and fully oppose the point of their purpose of being in the SS, which of course was to save Rukia. But otherwise, yeah, I can concede your view.

Watch Ichigo show up and facepalm him like he did Aizen when they both went god mode. If he does, I'm gonna call fake.

Romantic Lunatic

doc olden
I always saw Grimmjow as Zaraki's arrancar counterpart. (Come on, Son, you gotta give Grimmjow a little more credit than comparing him to Renji lol)

Ichigo's also established rivalries against those who aren't bishounen, e.g. Ikkaku. And I wouldn't really consider Byakuya a bishounen subordinate; I'd save that for Renji. Sure he's neither the head captain nor the villain but the enemy of the Ichigo crew were the captains, and the principal enemy captain was Byakuya Kuchiki (before Aizen's revelation and discounting Zaraki). He was the one to truly and fully oppose the point of their purpose of being in the SS, which of course was to save Rukia. But otherwise, yeah, I can concede your view.

Watch Ichigo show up and facepalm him like he did Aizen when they both went god mode. If he does, I'm gonna call fake.

I see that (poor Renji) even more with the way the fights go with them.

Oh, Ikkaku... at least that guy has one canon fangirl.. I think most of his fans who ship are too stuck on him and Yumichika to see him otherwise. Even in that, he's the less flashy one. xp

"Bishounen subordinate" eek rofl holy crap... like you have to work your way up through the ranks of Bish to get the title.
---

I still keep remembering how Juha's crony was acting.. like he did not approve of what was going on... The "enemy-turned-reluctant-ally" in this arc? Since technically Grimmjow's change of heart was before this, though he's only now re-introduced. (less a change of heart, more a chance to dump Aizen)

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
I like it how people put this scene as a better love story than Twilight!! rofl

Romantic Lunatic

Hisa Amasawa

So much better. cat_xd

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PotionsPet
Hisa Amasawa

So much better. cat_xd
3rded. whee whee
Hisa Amasawa

Hitler and Eva Braun was a better love story than Twilight.
How interesting.

肉雫唼 (“purify the flesh”)
皆尽 (“deplete everything”)

Both are read as "Minazuki". The first being the Shikai and the second being the Bankai.

Wordplay? Kubo is a genius...

User Image

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Quote:
M a h z a l a
Though is it just me or did this chapter seem rushed?

They're all rushed.

The Fullbring arc wasn't so rushed. Not to mention that chapter with the "phone call" several weeks ago. I almost died of boredom and it's just 18-19 pages of manga!

User Image

Secretly wishing we can go see what's happening in HM right now. I miss Orihime and Grimmjow.

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
Bleach be confusing me what Ichigo gonna do now be a Quincy or something?
BS ALERT: Ichigo, though neither one of my favorite characters nor possessing much strength compared to some of his captain class contemporaries, is, has, and will always be stronger than Renji. No way he managed to do anything better than Ichigo than say cast a spell, and even then that's probably because Renji had formal teaching on that subject. Like Renji has ever been good without Zabimaru...Remember that he, too, was once an 11th Division member, meaning he only uses his sword and therefore only really good at swordsmanship. All 11th Division members, (past and present, actual and affiliate), follow this mold. Therefore, take Zabimaru from Renji and he's bad, worse than Ichigo without Zangetsu.

As for this whole debacle with Unohana, page 9's top panels say it all. All I can say is, good move Kubo. You've now lost your strongest captain and best healer, making way for more ridiculousness in the future to iron out this stupid development. Can't wait to see how Soul Society gets derailed now.
I've always liked the parallels between Ichigo and Kenpachi. They've always been the two strongest Shinigami for their own reasons. They're the only two that have Zanpakuto that are always released (permanent Shikai). Now we've got Kenpachi finally hearing his Zanpakuto spirit and apparently Ichigo's strength is not with his sword like every other Shinigami.

Gee, how unsuspected. /sarcasm

Another quest of self-discovery. Maybe Ogihci will make an appearance.

Nah, Ichigo's power is with his friends! The power of friendship! emotion_puke

Greedy Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Welp Kenpachi is useless to me now and falls on my list of favorite captains...He has now, with learning the name of his zanpakuto, lost his appeal...unless choosing not to use it!....and did I miss something or did unohana release her bankai and do jack hit wth it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff