H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Dangerous Sex Symbol

It's ridiculous to think that Kenpachi was stronger than Unohana as an undisciplined child.
I want to know where his weapon came from.
And then to label her (apathy?) as her "sin" and "her frailty"...Come on Kubo. And her healing him over and over again proves she could have just killed him and have been done with him! I mean, she already has killed him. How could he be stronger than her? Now I really liked that concept of him coming back from the brink of death stronger, but not this time. Not to the point where it's obviously illogical. She just stated she was stronger than anybody, except for Kenpachi. How does that make sense?

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
doc olden
And then to label her (apathy?) as her "sin" and "her frailty"...Come on Kubo. And her healing him over and over again proves she could have just killed him and have been done with him! I mean, she already has killed him. How could he be stronger than her? Now I really liked that concept of him coming back from the brink of death stronger, but not this time. Not to the point where it's obviously illogical. She just stated she was stronger than anybody, except for Kenpachi. How does that make sense?
Because he's subconsciously weakening himself by fighting people weaker than him before this point. Ichigo was extremely weak compared to Unohana when he first fought Kenpachi, he had to put subconscious limitations on himself in order to prolong the fight, but he can't remove those limitations when they're in place, they only come off one by one when he has nearly died. Unohana is putting him on the brink of death and healing him each time to remove those shackles slowly, so that he can return to the full power he had before limiting himself when fighting Unohana.

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Shirosaki
It's ridiculous to think that Kenpachi was stronger than Unohana as an undisciplined child.
I want to know where his weapon came from.
Given that all Shinigami are given Asauchi and what Ōetsu said about how they can become anything, Kenpachi probably had a regular sword, killed a random Shinigami and took his Asauchi.

This could also explain why Kenpachi has troubles communicating with his Zanpakuto. It had someone else's essence imprinted on it before he had taken the sword and had Kenpachi's essence imprinted on it from then on, the combined essence creating a conflicted spirit.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Aaaand there we are
As I thought, Kubo would make Kenpachi win..
I'm also curious about how Kenpachi got the sword, but I think Rolla's guess seems pretty good
I guess Kenpachi lives in a world of cardboard.

Friendly Bear

does Unohana have to die for Kenpachi to surpass her?
In this scene, Kenpachi strangely reminds me a lot of the character Dorian from the Baki series in this case. While Dorian is different, there's something he has that I noticed is very much present in Kenpachi: Kenpachi never really won anything ever in his life. I mean, we know he loves sword-fighting, but in order to attain victory, a person must have conviction to 'take that step forward'. While it's debatable between his fight with Nnoitra, Kenpachi pretty much fits that same bill as Dorian. Kenpachi never really 'won' any fights, he merely 'survived' them because his 'playthings' could no longer satisfy him. But Unohana's case was different in this case. She was the only person who could make Kenpachi be fearful of his life. Now for the first time, Kenpachi might gain the desire to 'win'.

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Is it just me or does Kenpachi seem like he'd have been a cute kid if not for the bloodthirsty desire to kill everything around him?

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Simply Rolla
Is it just me or does Kenpachi seem like he'd have been a cute kid if not for the bloodthirsty desire to kill everything around him?
Nope. Your not the only one. I thought that too. smile
I know you guys aren't seriously trying to sit here and rationalize this. Unohana adding healing to her repertoire officially killed his chances of surpassing her, at least any time soon and with any logic.

Like LeV said, why does she have to die for him to get good? Like Soul Society needs another powerhouse with dual responsibilities to be taken out. And for what? For someone else to succeed? Kinda mess is that? Is Kenpachi that sorry - forgive me, inhibited? What are they gonna do if she dies? Whose gonna take over her spot? If they want captains to die fighting Kenpachi they should elect Komamura first.

And then to have him "match her in power as a kid...

*Sigh*

LeV, by the way, I am loving that picture in your sig.

So how would he win a sword fight, then, Son?

NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS, no. Just no. I find myself saying this about these second-generation captains more and more: He's not that good. I know you know this, but still.

Rolla, do you really think that Kenpachi is better than Unohana? Kenpachi "subconsciously" limiting himself doesn't prove that he's better than her. And his limitations are hardly subconscious; the only limiter he's ever really had was his eyepatch, which he tore off at the beginning of this fight! What does that tell you?

So I guess that whole "I can't control my spiritual power because it's so immense" thing was just a rationalization?

This must be one of those, "I'm better than you, you're better than him, and he's better than me" type scenarios, since Unohana saying she's better than anyone but Kenpachi puts Kenpachi ahead of the class of shinigami captains, and that can't be true.

Romantic Lunatic

Simply Rolla

whee 3rd-ed

---

I don't see why one of them has to die. That thinking out of them seems like a throwback to the whole Kenpachi thing. Unohana should know better, has known better. Zaraki Kenpachi needs to learn better.

He needs to not only work through his subconscious "let's draw this out and if they can't keep up I'll hobble myself" attitude but figure out the gain in strength and work with it. She needs to make him think.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

She keeps killing him and reviving him.

I wouldn't think Kenpachi is stronger than her, except she said it herself.
I hope he demonstrates the power that Unohana boasts about, otherwise I'm going to say she's a pansy-a** ********.
doc olden
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS, no. Just no. I find myself saying this about these second-generation captains more and more: He's not that good. I know you know this, but still.

Rolla, do you really think that Kenpachi is better than Unohana? Kenpachi "subconsciously" limiting himself doesn't prove that he's better than her. And his limitations are hardly subconscious; the only limiter he's ever really had was his eyepatch, which he tore off at the beginning of this fight! What does that tell you?

So I guess that whole "I can't control my spiritual power because it's so immense" thing was just a rationalization?

This must be one of those, "I'm better than you, you're better than him, and he's better than me" type scenarios, since Unohana saying she's better than anyone but Kenpachi puts Kenpachi ahead of the class of shinigami captains, and that can't be true.

Bro, chill the ******** out.

My Superman/world-of-cardboard comparison is just a half-joke. Unohana already said that Kenpachi had already surpassed her; that he was in fact stronger than her. Think about it: he didn't have any chakra reiatsu-sucking eyepatch when he was a kid. What's so hard to believe that he was holding back when he finally found someone stronger than that pile of corpses and maybe the fact that it was a cute oneechan helped too. heart Also really surpassing Unohana isn't even the point by now. The whole point is just unlocking Kenpachi and having him stop holding back. You know this. I wouldn't be surprised if they planned this from the start.

Yamaji: Retsu! You will not only be a blood knight but a white mage/paladin too!
Retsu: B-b-but it's too late for a class change!
Kirinji: Nope. emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces